Galactic War Battles (unbalanced)

I haven't completed 12 galactic war nodes in 5 days. It is terribly unbalanced. Just because I have 3 gear 10 toons doesn't mean I should be battleing gear 10,11,12 teams. I don't mind using multiple teams to win, it's fun. But when your battleing a maxed out Rey, gear 10, and she kills your biggs maxed out gear 10 in 3 hits, there's obviously a issue. Anyone else have this issue? It's really cool to use different teams and synergies in GWar, but to be so ridiculously outmathced is not right, fun, and a waste of time and resources. Anyone else have this issue?
P.S. If this is posted 2 times I am sorry. When I did this the first time I hit the little pencil in the bottom right corner and not post.

Replies

• Gear up. Your top 15 to 20 tooms should be gear 11 or 12 by now. Look at the toons in the arena who are maxed, and farm and gear up those you can acquire now. So you don't have CLS or DNihilus, but lots of very strong toons are easily farmable
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    Gear up. Your top 15 to 20 tooms should be gear 11 or 12 by now. Look at the toons in the arena who are maxed, and farm and gear up those you can acquire now. So you don't have CLS or DNihilus, but lots of very strong toons are easily farmable

Correction - gear up your toons that aren't your top 5 (in stat power, not galactic power). If you keep improving your top 5, the teams you face will keep getting stronger too.

Or get Resistance and don't worry about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Get some decent rebel leaders if you don't want to farm vive la resistance. It gives you some diversity in tactics.
  • And you have to sacrifice toons, you can't expect to have you entire roster available for node 12
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    And you have to sacrifice toons, you can't expect to have you entire roster available for node 12

I haven't lost a toon in a month.
  • TVF wrote: »
    And you have to sacrifice toons, you can't expect to have you entire roster available for node 12

Stopped loosing chars after I got zFinn to, but best option if you don't have him is sacrifice ;)
  • Currently did not lose a single GW since i farmed the NightSisters. They turn out ti be very effective throughout the whole process by resurrecting and even if they dont kill off node 12 right away (they often do), they always manage to seriously weaken it through plague and even take a character or two out leaving my former teams with an easy win.
  • Sacrificing teams can screw you over sometimes.mainly because the opponents tm will be different than you started,and can turn what was once a somewhat doable fight, into a massacre. This kind of thing never works out for me on nodes 11 and 12.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    WAI
    I would call it BAI - Broken As Intended
    GW was fine, but people complained about it being hard, they listen and made it easy, then people complained that they had made it to easy(some was even the same complainers) then I think they had it with complains with and gave us this weird GW, with the end statement from John S. "It's meant to be hard" as an end of discussion statement
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    WAI
    I would call it BAI - Broken As Intended
    GW was fine, but people complained about it being hard, they listen and made it easy, then people complained that they had made it to easy(some was even the same complainers) then I think they had it with complains with and gave us this weird GW, with the end statement from John S. "It's meant to be hard" as an end of discussion statement

I kind of think gw just is a living organism now and really no way to fix it or change it up. I feel for the people who don't have the meta arena squad. Resistance helps so much for sure, but maybe not as much as they used to. Facing CLS r2 thrawn gk and zolo 3 times isn't a walk in the park every day lol
  • Thanks for the input! Much welcomed. I just started working on my Phoenix team. I also have 3 toons ready for 6 stars just don't have the credits. Lol, because I can't finish GW!!! Lmao. Guess I'll use my suicide squads and sacrifice as usual. Here's an example. GW node 6 maxed out biggs and wedge team. Sacrificed and won. Node 7 maxed Sith team EP lead, sacrificed and won! Node 9 same day, maxed out Sith team maul lead, lost,lost,lost. I'm not looking at 1 maxed out team at node 11 or 12. I'm getting trashed by maxed out teams every other node starting at node 6 or 7! Will take advice into consideration. Thank you all!
  • GW rewards a broad roster, so the best thing to do is to gear up more toons and build at least three strong teams. You should be preloading these teams with TM in the first five nodes, and then work your way through the rest carefully, but be willing to sacrifice toons or teams to make it through nodes 6, 9, 11, and 12.Those nodes are always harder than any team you have on your roster (until you break node 12). That's true for everyone. If you are getting bad RNG to start, shuffle your team members around some, swap in other toons. That shifts the RNG seed and makes the opponent behave differently, but you also might end up finding a weakness. GW is designed to make you fight teams stronger than your own teams. Keep trying. GW goes through unbeatable phases for everyone. Keep playing and trying, and as your roster broadens it will get easier.
  • If you aren't going for Resistance, then the most important thing you can do is not use one team until they lose, switch to another team, and so on. That's bad tactics and you will lose very often as a result.

You need to flex your turn meter advantage. Use the first 4-5 nodes to give at least 3 and as many as 5 teams one battle each, doing your best to end the battles with all abilities off cooldown. Then you use the weakest team possible for nodes 6-10, your second strongest for 11, and your strongest for 12. In this way you'll go into the last three nodes with almost every character alive, full abilities, without having lost much protection, and--most importantly--high turn meter.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • GW sucks no matter how long you have played. As you gear up, the battles get harder. I usually face squads with CLS, Han Solo, GK, Barriss and R2D2 at the start of GW; usually it's after the first 3 nodes. What I will recommend to make GW easier is to farm like crazy for Resistance and getting Finn his Zeta. That squad should let you complete most, if not all of GW even at G8.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Stopped loosing chars after I got zFinn to, but best option if you don't have him is sacrifice ;)

I just started using Resistance so I was doing it with out them previously. Built several strong teams and purposely limited power on my A team. TM loaded on each early node.

Every great once in a while I'd lose a character on node 11 but I'd retreat and try something else.

It also keeps GW fun. I could probably walk through every node with Resistance now but it's fun to try different teams and combinations. Still use my Rebels and/or Res on nodes 11 and 12 though.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Tavanh wrote: »
    GW sucks no matter how long you have played.

Only if you play wrong.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Qubit wrote: »
    I haven't completed 12 galactic war nodes in 5 days. It is terribly unbalanced. Just because I have 3 gear 10 toons doesn't mean I should be battleing gear 10,11,12 teams. I don't mind using multiple teams to win, it's fun. But when your battleing a maxed out Rey, gear 10, and she kills your biggs maxed out gear 10 in 3 hits, there's obviously a issue. Anyone else have this issue? It's really cool to use different teams and synergies in GWar, but to be so ridiculously outmathced is not right, fun, and a waste of time and resources. Anyone else have this issue?
    P.S. If this is posted 2 times I am sorry. When I did this the first time I hit the little pencil in the bottom right corner and not post.
    Qubit wrote: »

Vote in the poll going about being able to use a 6th ally for the 12th node. Interesting thoughts in there. Just saying
  • Yeah that be awesome! I'll try and find it
  • GW is now resistance wars rather than a test of the depth and breadth of your roster.
  • Well I love ships and farmed the weirdest characters. I did Jedi figuring they would be all powerful, ha,lol... Yeah my gear 10 team gets anihilates by a gear nine team, lol. More like test the breadth of my wallet!