Battlefront 2

Prev13
Anyone getting battlefront 2 on Tuesday? I'm pretty excited about the pre order additional items. Should be an interesting story line!

Replies

• I heard that it sucks, I already see memes about how PTP it is on rprequelmemes
  • I was watching some people stream the early preview and the gameplay looks horribly imbalanced. Artistically it looks great though.
  • Im going to rent it just to play the campaign
  • Cooncoon wrote: »
    Anyone getting battlefront 2 on Tuesday? I'm pretty excited about the pre order additional items. Should be an interesting story line!

I'm also getting the elite edition! I'm very interested in the story and an Imperial perspective. I'm equally intrigued to see if the devs are going to do anything with the release of the second Battlefront.
    They did Magma trooper for the first one, right? It'd be nifty to add Iden Versio as additional dark side toons for the eventual DSTB.
  • snowhut wrote: »
    I was watching some people stream the early preview and the gameplay looks horribly imbalanced. Artistically it looks great though.

I didn't think so at all! But to each themselves. I thought the gameplay was very simple but large and enticing. I thought it looked great. But I'm sure you guys play Call of duty or whatever people play now a days
  • I heard that it sucks, I already see memes about how PTP it is on rprequelmemes

Well first I know never to listen to the people that say it sucks... especially when it hasn't been released yet lol. They are always the people who expect to much... I'm sure they would say SWGOH sucks to but it's just not there style

I'm also getting the elite edition! I'm very interested in the story and an Imperial perspective. I'm equally intrigued to see if the devs are going to do anything with the release of the second Battlefront.
    They did Magma trooper for the first one, right? It'd be nifty to add Iden Versio as additional dark side toons for the eventual DSTB.

I'm sure they will! Im curious as to who though. Hopefully Iden Versio but I'm not sure.... game looks like t will be fun and rewarding for playing a lot
  • I'm curious if they finally added proper flight stick support for the flight modes. It was rather annoying having to use the keyboard with my MS FF joystick for the throttle and the ability cards. Maybe it's an unlock :)
    However I'll likely pass. Looks like the same basic thing as SW:BF1, and I've pretty much exhausted all the gameplay there.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
    snowhut wrote: »
    I was watching some people stream the early preview and the gameplay looks horribly imbalanced. Artistically it looks great though.

I didn't think so at all! But to each themselves. I thought the gameplay was very simple but large and enticing. I thought it looked great. But I'm sure you guys play Call of duty or whatever people play now a days

The single player campaign might give an hour or two of enjoyment, but it was designed to be a multi-player game, first and foremost. To me, it looked like Call of Duty on steroids, people running unrealistically fast, spawning and dying a few seconds later. Video and blog reviews have not been kind, mostly. But, if you think you'll enjoy it, absolutely have at it.
  • I will be playing at midnight and hopefully finishing the campaign and pretty fun so far.
  • I preordered the elite edition and will be playing it tomorrow so that will be fun.
    But it is funny that the dev comment is the most downvoted comment in reddit history, last I checked it was at like 427k downvotes and counting. The beta had some bad progression ideas with needing to get loot crates to randomly upgrade ur people instead of actually playing a character to upgrade that character. This was changed as the feedback was quite overwhelming.
    But now its been revealed to need 60,000 in game credits to purchase the ability to use certain characters where you only get credits from playing matches(approx 300 credits per match) or buy tons and tons of loot crates and convert the extras into credits.
    So people doing the maths on that came to the conclusion it would take 40+ hours to unlock certain characters and that is upsetting since its more time or money than skill.
    To me thats just par for the course nowadays but hopefully the massive backlash will get the game changed for the better. Either way Ill be playing and hopefully having fun(although first person shooters do bring out the rage in me)
  • Preordered but canceling it. I can’t see having to spend money or put in work for something that I’m already paying for and should be fun. To All of the whales supporting EA; have fun, but I’m waiting until it’s fixed
  • PiffGuru wrote: »
    I preordered the elite edition and will be playing it tomorrow so that will be fun.
    But it is funny that the dev comment is the most downvoted comment in reddit history, last I checked it was at like 427k downvotes and counting. The beta had some bad progression ideas with needing to get loot crates to randomly upgrade ur people instead of actually playing a character to upgrade that character. This was changed as the feedback was quite overwhelming.
    But now its been revealed to need 60,000 in game credits to purchase the ability to use certain characters where you only get credits from playing matches(approx 300 credits per match) or buy tons and tons of loot crates and convert the extras into credits.
    So people doing the maths on that came to the conclusion it would take 40+ hours to unlock certain characters and that is upsetting since its more time or money than skill.
    To me thats just par for the course nowadays but hopefully the massive backlash will get the game changed for the better. Either way Ill be playing and hopefully having fun(although first person shooters do bring out the rage in me)

Exactly... why would anyone want to unlock items or charcters easily? That's no fun... I play this game for free and love the time it takes up... same with battlefront, I want it to take a long time to achieve things
    I heard that it sucks, I already see memes about how PTP it is on rprequelmemes

Well first I know never to listen to the people that say it sucks... especially when it hasn't been released yet lol. They are always the people who expect to much... I'm sure they would say SWGOH sucks to but it's just not there style

Yeah, I haven’t seen any gameplay of it yet, but I’m pretty sure that it’s good. People just don’t appreciate what they get.
  • I'm getting it - I'm not buying the elite edition or season passes or anything like I did for the first one straight up.

I bought all that stuff up front last time and became so frustrated with it toward the end that I felt like I wasted some money.

Even with all the bad reviews from Reddit and whatever, it will be fun and it looks great.
  • Well looks like the reddit downvote train actually accomplished something. They changed the unlock cost from 60,000 credits to 15,000 credits. Now the game will be more enjoyable for everyone.
  • Read this in a post on BF2 on ArsTechnica:
    I was watching a guy play on twitch last night. He was doing missions. After five successful missions, he received the message "You have to wait 3 hours to be able to earn credits again".
    So even with an unlock at 15,000 credits, you're going to have to space out your play time. And pretty much not buy any crates while doing so to save up for it. That sounds like the opposite of accomplishment.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Read this in a post on BF2 on ArsTechnica:
    I was watching a guy play on twitch last night. He was doing missions. After five successful missions, he received the message "You have to wait 3 hours to be able to earn credits again".
    So even with an unlock at 15,000 credits, you're going to have to space out your play time. And pretty much not buy any crates while doing so to save up for it. That sounds like the opposite of accomplishment.

Those "mission" are not where you primarily get your points from. those are arcade missions or some such which feel more like training missions. You get points from playing ACTUAL multiplayer games. That wait time is in place to stop people from just doing those easy missions over and over and not actually participating in real gameplay.
  • First of all, I’m just a big old school, hard core Star Wars fan. Love SWGOH but even sometimes the game locks you into a waiting game or pay. I’ve heard of the pay to play reports on Battlefront 2. I have not played the first one, but it looked cool. I will not be spending hard earned money on Battlefront. One pay to play game is enough for me.
    Officer in Rancor Raiderzz
  • I would love to play, but the P2W vibe around it prevents me from buying it at the moment.

This review is great tho:
    https://youtu.be/QHIg4hbnHx0
    kalidor wrote: »
    Read this in a post on BF2 on ArsTechnica:

Those "mission" are not where you primarily get your points from. those are arcade missions or some such which feel more like training missions. You get points from playing ACTUAL multiplayer games. That wait time is in place to stop people from just doing those easy missions over and over and not actually participating in real gameplay.

Ah, okay. Less awful then.
  • Seems to me by now that "We're constantly monitoring user feedback and satisfaction to improve the game" is really just an euphemism for "We'll do it the way we want to except wherever we get massive backlashes".
    Well looks like the reddit downvote train actually accomplished something. They changed the unlock cost from 60,000 credits to 15,000 credits. Now the game will be more enjoyable for everyone.

They also lowered the rewards you get too though.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • They lowered the 'cost', for now, and will raise them again if people continue to open their wallets for them. I was a big BF I player (to the tune of 1000 hours in game) and I will NOT be buying BF II for two reasons.

First, because EA/Dice did a horrendous job shepherding the first game through the DLC process, continuously messed up balance and ignored an entire community (PC hacking was so blatant and so ignored the active community dwindled within months of release - I played on console so it wasn't my fight, but still).

Second, the inclusion of 'micro-transactions' in a AAA title, particularly an online multi-player is a non-starter for me. It's one thing if I'm playing a game that I know is catered to P2W players and I choose not to be one of them. It's entirely different if I'm paying for a premium title and losing regularly to people that choose to pay real money to unlock an in-game advantage. I can chuckle at the whale that's been around for two months, has everything unlocked and a 1.8M GP. He has too much disposable income and he can have his 500 crystals. I wouldn't be able to stomach being cannon fodder for someone who decided to spend ON TOP OF the price of admission (title cost + console / rig cost + multiplayer subscription cost)

I think it's a poor idea and I truly hope BF2 sales reflect the gaming communities displeasure with it.

One final thought, I watched a lot of the DLC release videos and it was pretty clear the Stockholm guys didn't really live, eat, and breath Star Wars the way you would expect for this kind of title. It seems like the CG crew grew up with this content, has passion for it, and treats it appropriately. Just an impression.
  • People mad that thier money can't buy them the toons and they got to work for them is so sad. I applaude EA for this change, make everyone equal and no amount of money gives you a sizable head start. People dont complain about playing Super Smash Bros to unlock new characters, why this?
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    People mad that thier money can't buy them the toons and they got to work for them is so sad. I applaude EA for this change, make everyone equal and no amount of money gives you a sizable head start. People dont complain about playing Super Smash Bros to unlock new characters, why this?

Because Smash Bros gives you a big roster to begin with, they don't offer real $$$ to quickly unlock OP toons, and you don't have to play as long to unlock everyone.
    Plus Nintendo is a friendly company whereas EA has a long tradition of being terrible.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »
    People mad that thier money can't buy them the toons and they got to work for them is so sad. I applaude EA for this change, make everyone equal and no amount of money gives you a sizable head start. People dont complain about playing Super Smash Bros to unlock new characters, why this?

Because Smash Bros gives you a big roster to begin with, they don't offer real $$$ to quickly unlock OP toons, and you don't have to play as long to unlock everyone.
    Plus Nintendo is a friendly company whereas EA has a long tradition of being terrible.

Nintendo friendly? HAHAHA!!! Nintendo grinds more out of its loyal customers than EA ever will. EVERY video on Youtube is claimed by ninendo for revenue. Amiibos are an example of them hiding features behind $$$. Nintendo has literally the worst relationship with thier fanbase, while here you have EA listening and making changes and EA are in the wrong.

You have too play hours upon hours is gameplay in smash bros to unlock toons with NO alternative. EA is doing the same thing but giving you another option and because of teen giving thou another option they are wrong? Yall make me laugh. @CaptainRex
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Nintendo friendly? HAHAHA!!! Nintendo grinds more out of its loyal customers than EA ever will. EVERY video on Youtube is claimed by ninendo for revenue. Amiibos are an example of them hiding features behind $$$. Nintendo has literally the worst relationship with thier fanbase, while here you have EA listening and making changes and EA are in the wrong.

You have too play hours upon hours is gameplay in smash bros to unlock toons with NO alternative. EA is doing the same thing but giving you another option and because of teen giving thou another option they are wrong? Yall make me laugh. @CaptainRex

@jejuzang EA was voted the worst company in ALL OF AMERICA in 2012 AND 2013!!!
    I googled "Worst Gaming Company" and most of the articles on the first page predominantly feature EA.
    Look at what they do. It's pretty bad. Also, try talking to EA Help about anything!
    EA "listened" to the most downvoted comment in Reddit history by lowering their prices, BUT they also lowered the amount of rewards you get (which they didn't announce)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cji8a/i_work_in_electronic_media_pr_ill_tell_you_what/
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »

@jejuzang EA was voted the worst company in ALL OF AMERICA in 2012 AND 2013!!!
    I googled "Worst Gaming Company" and most of the articles on the first page predominantly feature EA.
    Look at what they do. It's pretty bad. Also, try talking to EA Help about anything!
    EA "listened" to the most downvoted comment in Reddit history by lowering their prices, BUT they also lowered the amount of rewards you get (which they didn't announce)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cji8a/i_work_in_electronic_media_pr_ill_tell_you_what/

Thats because EA’s customer service has become a meme. If you really think EA is that much worse than every other company in america, than you dont know a lot about other companies. Im not saying EA is exempt from criticism, but those surveys are not accurate indicators of how “good” a company is.
  • i just read in an article that you would have to pay like $2,100 for everything in game . sorry i love star wars but that is just insane