Battlefront 2

Replies

• i just read in an article that you would have to pay like $2,100 for everything in game . sorry i love star wars but that is just insane

Or play 4500 hours
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    People mad that thier money can't buy them the toons and they got to work for them is so sad. I applaude EA for this change, make everyone equal and no amount of money gives you a sizable head start. People dont complain about playing Super Smash Bros to unlock new characters, why this?

Because Smash Bros gives you a big roster to begin with, they don't offer real $$$ to quickly unlock OP toons, and you don't have to play as long to unlock everyone.
    Plus Nintendo is a friendly company whereas EA has a long tradition of being terrible.

Nintendo friendly? HAHAHA!!! Nintendo grinds more out of its loyal customers than EA ever will. EVERY video on Youtube is claimed by ninendo for revenue. Amiibos are an example of them hiding features behind $$$. Nintendo has literally the worst relationship with thier fanbase, while here you have EA listening and making changes and EA are in the wrong.

You have too play hours upon hours is gameplay in smash bros to unlock toons with NO alternative. EA is doing the same thing but giving you another option and because of teen giving thou another option they are wrong? Yall make me laugh. @CaptainRex

@jejuzang EA was voted the worst company in ALL OF AMERICA in 2012 AND 2013!!!
    I googled "Worst Gaming Company" and most of the articles on the first page predominantly feature EA.
    Look at what they do. It's pretty bad. Also, try talking to EA Help about anything!
    EA "listened" to the most downvoted comment in Reddit history by lowering their prices, BUT they also lowered the amount of rewards you get (which they didn't announce)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cji8a/i_work_in_electronic_media_pr_ill_tell_you_what/

This is sad. You should branch out your research more. Its easy to hate EA because everyone does. And its not even because of thier customer service. People dont like EA because they swallow up game companies and kill them like Biowares mass effect.

Go do some research on game companies and come back. I ask you to get informed and stop followong the hype of hating EA because everyone else is doing it.

This plan of earn to unlock is amazing and i love it. This generation is full of kids that need everything now. Well i hate to break it to you but you cant have everything right when you want it. Excuse EA for making you dedicate yourself to THEIR game to EARN the best toons.

Jeez people love to follow a crowd nowadays instead of thinking for themselves. Last year it was "we want free DLC, and a more even playing field between people the pay and those that dont". EA gives yall exactly that amd yall flip.

I felt great unlocking things in MGO2. It may have taken over 60 hours of gameplay to earn everything but i loved it. Go read the reqs for unlocking things in MGO2 arguably thr best online multiplayer game ever made.

Ice.
    @CaptainRex
  • i just read in an article that you would have to pay like $2,100 for everything in game . sorry i love star wars but that is just insane

Or play 4500 hours

well with how this generation is you know they would rather pay the money. i miss the old days of unlocking things by playing for hours . i also think fans have a repsonsibility to be smart and not **** when it comes to making death threats to a developer there throwing money at

Or play 4500 hours

well with how this generation is you know they would rather pay the money. i miss the old days of unlocking things by playing for hours . i also think fans have a repsonsibility to be smart and not **** when it comes to making death threats to a developer there throwing money at
    Nobody is making you change your playstyle. If you want to spend money you can, but you dont have to. Its no different from this game. Invest time or money but dont complain about having options.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    i just read in an article that you would have to pay like $2,100 for everything in game . sorry i love star wars but that is just insane

Or play 4500 hours

Nobody is making you change your playstyle. If you want to spend money you can, but you dont have to. Its no different from this game. Invest time or money but dont complain about having options.

than the people who do should not complain or make death threats if the game they invest money into dosent meet there standard. again fans have to have some accountability . if you are willing to waste money on a company that is notorious for charging insane prices and release half made games you dont want change
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    People mad that thier money can't buy them the toons and they got to work for them is so sad. I applaude EA for this change, make everyone equal and no amount of money gives you a sizable head start. People dont complain about playing Super Smash Bros to unlock new characters, why this?

Because Smash Bros gives you a big roster to begin with, they don't offer real $$$ to quickly unlock OP toons, and you don't have to play as long to unlock everyone.
    Plus Nintendo is a friendly company whereas EA has a long tradition of being terrible.

Nintendo friendly? HAHAHA!!! Nintendo grinds more out of its loyal customers than EA ever will. EVERY video on Youtube is claimed by ninendo for revenue. Amiibos are an example of them hiding features behind $$$. Nintendo has literally the worst relationship with thier fanbase, while here you have EA listening and making changes and EA are in the wrong.

You have too play hours upon hours is gameplay in smash bros to unlock toons with NO alternative. EA is doing the same thing but giving you another option and because of teen giving thou another option they are wrong? Yall make me laugh. @CaptainRex

Amiibos don’t do jack tho. People only buy them to have collectibles of their favorite characters. If anything PS4 and Xbox con their customers.

Amiibos don’t do jack tho. People only buy them to have collectibles of their favorite characters. If anything PS4 and Xbox con their customers.

Amiibos do TONS of things, usually working as straight up unlocks. Check that new zelda game. Needed the amiibos for vertain forms of link like the wolf.
    Ice
    @Admiral_Wh1skers
  • This is a pretty good rundown on the current situation and I think it makes it a little better understanding the bigger picture, although it doesn’t alleviate the frustration.
    https://youtu.be/QKdeB228rew

Amiibos do TONS of things, usually working as straight up unlocks. Check that new zelda game. Needed the amiibos for vertain forms of link like the wolf.
    Ice
    @Admiral_Wh1skers

Your pretty delusional my man.
    First all of the things the amiibo´s unlock weren't original part of the game it is added to the game through the amiibo, its a bonus for people that buy amiibos and also own the game. So its not a rip-off you get a physical collectible and some nice loot in the game.

Second Nintendo grinds customers because they claim the revenue of youtube videos? How does that affect customers my man? It only affects people that want to make money with the usage of Nintendo´s intelectual property not customers. If youtubers don't make videos of Nintendo because they don't want to lose ad revenue are only in it for the money not because they care about the game.

Third in smash bros to unlock characters you need to complete certain challenges not grind a certain amount currency to purchase it.

Ice
    @Admiral_Wh1skers

First all of the things the amiibo´s unlock weren't original part of the game it is added to the game through the amiibo, its a bonus for people that buy amiibos and also own the game. So its not a rip-off you get a physical collectible and some nice loot in the game.

Second Nintendo grinds customers because they claim the revenue of youtube videos? How does that affect customers my man? It only affects people that want to make money with the usage of Nintendo´s intelectual property not customers. If youtubers don't make videos of Nintendo because they don't want to lose ad revenue are only in it for the money not because they care about the game.

Third in smash bros to unlock characters you need to complete certain challenges not grind a certain amount currency to purchase it.
  • Migux7 wrote: »

Ice
    @Admiral_Wh1skers

Trying to say the Amiibos dont release at the launch of the game? They do release at the launch of the game. They are Nintendos version of Day one DLC. But we've got sheep that csnt see the wool being pulled over thier eyes. So it ok if Nintendo does day om e DLC because they give you a 2 inch figure with it? No its not.

The revenue thing is one example of Nintendo's MANY issues with consumer base. This ranges from playthroughs to reviews. Its sad when people refuse to see how bad a company is screwing them over because they want to follow a crowd.

You sound like a Nintendo employee with that talk of intellectual property, are you? Nintendo claiming adds on reviews of thier games is dirty.

I may be wrong here since i havent researches it but i have never seen an offical nintendo forum like this for thier games where the devs interact as mich as EA does.
    Migux7 wrote: »

Ice
    @Admiral_Wh1skers

Trying to say the Amiibos dont release at the launch of the game? They do release at the launch of the game. They are Nintendos version of Day one DLC. But we've got sheep that csnt see the wool being pulled over thier eyes. So it ok if Nintendo does day om e DLC because they give you a 2 inch figure with it? No its not.

The revenue thing is one example of Nintendo's MANY issues with consumer base. This ranges from playthroughs to reviews. Its sad when people refuse to see how bad a company is screwing them over because they want to follow a crowd.

You sound like a Nintendo employee with that talk of intellectual property, are you? Nintendo claiming adds on reviews of thier games is dirty.

I may be wrong here since i havent researches it but i have never seen an offical nintendo forum like this for thier games where the devs interact as mich as EA does.

Day one of dlc were the master trials and master mode...
  • I cant help but feel that EA used their experiences in their shooters like battlefield and the backlash from the first battlefront. . Then combined it with the general P2W randomization-grind concept (and how receptive the community is, well the few whales) in SWGOH. And combined them into the monetization of battlefront 2.

Cancelled my preorder even if I want to play the campaign so bad. We need to take a stand as a community. I will probably get it as a second hand down the line.
  • @Tamonizer Couldn't agree more. Completely with you. Vote with your wallet.

@jejuzang, @DemonKingBALOR Yes, earning things via unlock is great and rewarding, but there are two caveats.

First, you're already paying for the game - so to have other content in a game you've already payed for unlocked via paywall (we'll get to time later) is absurd to me, as a paying consumer. Furthermore, to have that payed for content convey a substantial enough benefit that it accelerates your own progress while slowing down progress of the non-payers is really the point. A P2W premium console / PC title is a very different beast than a P2W mobile game that is otherwise free.

Second, if 4500 hours is accurate, that's over two years of 40 hours per week, meaning the casual gamer will never come close to unlocking all of the content in a game they already paid for. I remember the estimate for beating the original Zelda when it came out was 105 hours, and beating it was awesome (especially back when you had to figure this stuff out yourself). I agree completely that in-game progress should be earned, but they should also be attainable. 4500 hours is not an attainable goal for anyone with any real responsibilities.

But bifurcating the playing community based on who wants to pay extra and who doesn't is a recipe for disaster.
  • DemonKingBALOR
    110 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Second, if 4500 hours is accurate, that's over two years of 40 hours per week, meaning the casual gamer will never come close to unlocking all of the content in a game they already paid for. I remember the estimate for beating the original Zelda when it came out was 105 hours, and beating it was awesome (especially back when you had to figure this stuff out yourself). I agree completely that in-game progress should be earned, but they should also be attainable. 4500 hours is not an attainable goal for anyone with any real responsibilities.

But bifurcating the playing community based on who wants to pay extra and who doesn't is a recipe for disaster.

people spend all that time online with multiplayer so if they can do that they sure can spend the same amount of time grinding and unlocking instead of throwing money just to have it before someone else . imo and maybe this is because i am probably older than most of the people here on the forum but ever since online gaming we have had linear and shorter single player campaign. for example i didn think a game like mass effect 3 needed multiplayer and yet because how popular it is it ruined the single player story wich btw is a rpg and lets be realistic no rpg in general needs multiplayer . story based titles are dying
  • @Tamonizer Couldn't agree more. Completely with you. Vote with your wallet.

@jejuzang, @DemonKingBALOR Yes, earning things via unlock is great and rewarding, but there are two caveats.

First, you're already paying for the game - so to have other content in a game you've already payed for unlocked via paywall (we'll get to time later) is absurd to me, as a paying consumer. Furthermore, to have that payed for content convey a substantial enough benefit that it accelerates your own progress while slowing down progress of the non-payers is really the point. A P2W premium console / PC title is a very different beast than a P2W mobile game that is otherwise free.

Thats where you and ALOT of others are confuesed. Its not locked beyond a paywall. Its locled behind PLAYTIME. The paying is an OPTION. What yall arent seeing is that EA is giving you an OPTION to pay but the rewards are random because its NOT P2W. P2W would be defined rewards. These rewards are random because this game is not P2W.

Break outta the crowd and take of the rose colored glasses.
    Ice.

received_10210358645268879.jpeg
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
    @Tamonizer Couldn't agree more. Completely with you. Vote with your wallet.

Thats where you and ALOT of others are confuesed. Its not locked beyond a paywall. Its locled behind PLAYTIME. The paying is an OPTION. What yall arent seeing is that EA is giving you an OPTION to pay but the rewards are random because its NOT P2W. P2W would be defined rewards. These rewards are random because this game is not P2W.

Ice.

You read what he wrote right? There is a HUGE difference between 100 hours of playtime, and 4500 hours of playtime.
    As for your statement on P2W, are casino's pay to win? Because that's exactly what SWGoH, BF2, and an increasing number of games are based on.
    In Smash Bro's if I pay $4, I will immediately unlock a full new DLC character 100% ready to play with. In SWGoH $4 will get you like 3 shards of character, and BF2 will get random rewards.
    Randomizing rewards for $$$ the new way to squeeze significantly more cash out of their playerbase, and if you think it's all alright, you and your wallet have fallen for their trap hook line and sinker.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • @jejuzang I can assure you there is no problem with my reading comprehension. BF2 incentivizes players to spend money to increase their chance of receiving loot which progresses their character more rapidly than those who choose not to pay. This is anathema to fostering a great community around a multi-player shooter. As such, I will not be partaking. The only rose colored glasses I can tell are the people who defend this tactic or dismiss it as trivial to the game play experience.

P2W has nothing to do with defined rewards. I would actually make the counter argument; not defining rewards promotes spending. It's actually pretty well documented (Google 'variable vs. fixed reinforcement schedules if you'd like to sound like anything more than an opinionated and uneducated blowhard).

That said - go pay or play as much BF2 as you want. I'm not saying you shouldn't, I'm just saying I'm not. And again, I put 1000 hours into the first one. I'm not afraid of putting in the effort.
  • DemonKingBALOR
    110 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @jejuzang I can assure you there is no problem with my reading comprehension. BF2 incentivizes players to spend money to increase their chance of receiving loot which progresses their character more rapidly than those who choose not to pay. This is anathema to fostering a great community around a multi-player shooter. As such, I will not be partaking. The only rose colored glasses I can tell are the people who defend this tactic or dismiss it as trivial to the game play experience.

P2W has nothing to do with defined rewards. I would actually make the counter argument; not defining rewards promotes spending. It's actually pretty well documented (Google 'variable vs. fixed reinforcement schedules if you'd like to sound like anything more than an opinionated and uneducated blowhard).

That said - go pay or play as much BF2 as you want. I'm not saying you shouldn't, I'm just saying I'm not. And again, I put 1000 hours into the first one. I'm not afraid of putting in the effort.

see the thing is it isnt just ea. look at these extra additions companies push. for example one version of the new assassins creed origins is around $800 dollars. now im sorry thats just insane and for that kind of many i can take a nice long trip to vegas. . i guess that particular addition had some kind of resin statue wich you can most likely get from gentle giant for like $200 and all the dlc wich you can just wait to get late ron or should already be part of the game . moves like that are why i retired from console gaming
  • @jejuzang I can assure you there is no problem with my reading comprehension. BF2 incentivizes players to spend money to increase their chance of receiving loot which progresses their character more rapidly than those who choose not to pay. This is anathema to fostering a great community around a multi-player shooter. As such, I will not be partaking. The only rose colored glasses I can tell are the people who defend this tactic or dismiss it as trivial to the game play experience.

see the thing is it isnt just ea. look at these extra additions companies push. for example one version of the new assassins creed origins is around $800 dollars. now im sorry thats just insane and for that kind of money i can take a nice long trip to vegas. . i guess that particular addition had some kind of resin statue wich you can most likely get from gentle giant for like $200 and all the dlc wich you can just wait to get lateron or should already be part of the game . moves like that are why i retired from console gaming

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    On another note BF2 is also being criticized on its "packs" sold in game.

Several countries in Europe are stating that paying for packs to hopefully get something but getting other random junk is reinforcing the gambling psychology into children.

These countries (particularly Belgium) are considering banning the game based on this issue, which would then set a case law precedent for all other games involving these "random pack purchases".

To me, this is no different from EA has been doing all along, from Mass Effect to even SWGOH - where does it end.

To be fair I see the point of these countries. It is essentially gambling behaviour as it forces those ill'willed individuals to continue purchasing packs and packs. Where children are potentially left with gambling psychosis and EA decides to open a Casino in Vegas to enjoy their profits.

Pretty sad really. What ever happened to being good in the game because you were actually just natutrally good at it. How much money EA and other game design companies profit from DLC and pre-orders etc, without having to extort further funds from their already paying customers?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    @jejuzang I can assure you there is no problem with my reading comprehension. BF2 incentivizes players to spend money to increase their chance of receiving loot which progresses their character more rapidly than those who choose not to pay. This is anathema to fostering a great community around a multi-player shooter. As such, I will not be partaking. The only rose colored glasses I can tell are the people who defend this tactic or dismiss it as trivial to the game play experience.

I actually got put off playing the first BF game. Sat on my shelf collecting dust actually, and I only recently picked it up to have a go because BF2 (supposedly a better game) was coming to replace it.

I was discouraged playing BF because it was so online based - there were hardly any single player or off-line missions or content to the game at all. All DLC was online multiplayer based. Any progress in the game was also dependant on online multiplayer participation.

Further discouragement was to be had because by the time I started playing the game, I was up against veterens. At least this game there are older and newer shards to compete - BF was a mix-up.

2 seconds of playing I was sniped in the back of the head by some dude with a pitol from the other side of the battlefield. Or utilizing special unlockable weapons giving them the advantage. New players like me were only adding points to making them stronger players, while players like me struggled to get anywhere beyond level 10.

This was something I hoped would be different in BF2 - as the Beta tester did show some enjoyable offline or singleplayer content.

I guess they just stick to where they see $ signs and ignore what people find enjoyable about these games. Multiplayer can be fun - but not all the time for everything.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    @Tamonizer Couldn't agree more. Completely with you. Vote with your wallet.

Ice.

You read what he wrote right? There is a HUGE difference between 100 hours of playtime, and 4500 hours of playtime.
    As for your statement on P2W, are casino's pay to win? Because that's exactly what SWGoH, BF2, and an increasing number of games are based on.
    In Smash Bro's if I pay $4, I will immediately unlock a full new DLC character 100% ready to play with. In SWGoH $4 will get you like 3 shards of character, and BF2 will get random rewards.
    Randomizing rewards for $$$ the new way to squeeze significantly more cash out of their playerbase, and if you think it's all alright, you and your wallet have fallen for their trap hook line and sinker.

This is like trying to explain to someone that water is wet. Go ahead and shell out money to things like Smash bros and nintendo. I aint hear this complaining for Fallout Shelter for thier random reward lunch boxes.
    EA is giving people that pay an advantage but not guarrenting them winning and i like it.

No matter how much you play you wont be able to beat a player that is truely better than you at the game and that's how it should be. Sure you may have an advantage but the guarrenteed win is not for sure.

Thats whay im confused about...people all over complaining that they cant pay to win for a "gurranteed reasonable amount". Heck no it aint taking 4500 hours to unlock those toons, lets use our common sense. People mad because there is no clear shortcut to the top this game and throwing your money at the screen will only get you random rewards. Its great, like the ultimate troll to P2W players.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Like you say if a player is highly skilled more than me - why can't I spend a little bit of money to unlock and play as Darth Vader, if better skilled people at the game will kill me anyway?

If I want to play as Darth Vader and that is the sole purpose of me buying and enjoying the game - but I am a family man and do not have the time to put in the required 4,500 hours of game time to get him, why can't there be a shortcut to him?
  • Boo wrote: »
    Like you say if a player is highly skilled more than me - why can't I spend a little bit of money to unlock and play as Darth Vader, if better skilled people at the game will kill me anyway?

If I want to play as Darth Vader and that is the sole purpose of me buying and enjoying the game - but I am a family man and do not have the time to put in the required 4,500 hours of game time to get him, why can't there be a shortcut to him?

@Boo because the game isnt for you. All games arent for everyone. This is a competetive online multiplayer game, not a casual game. People keep acting like this game has to check every box or be suited just for them. No thats not what games are, thats why there are genres. If yall cant get with this game being not for you because you cant throw money at it to when then thats that. You dont have to go and protest it and harrass the EA dev team.

I dont go protesting strategy games because i dont like them. I let the people the like them enjoy them and move on with my life.

He is easy to get along with every character... it would cost 15,000 game coins to unlock.. I got that in less than a day. Nothing in this game is P2W
  • You all have to play it befor you say it is P2W. I haven't spent a dollar and it is great. Hard but great
    On another note BF2 is also being criticized on its "packs" sold in game.

Several countries in Europe are stating that paying for packs to hopefully get something but getting other random junk is reinforcing the gambling psychology into children.

These countries (particularly Belgium) are considering banning the game based on this issue, which would then set a case law precedent for all other games involving these "random pack purchases".

To me, this is no different from EA has been doing all along, from Mass Effect to even SWGOH - where does it end.

To be fair I see the point of these countries. It is essentially gambling behaviour as it forces those ill'willed individuals to continue purchasing packs and packs. Where children are potentially left with gambling psychosis and EA decides to open a Casino in Vegas to enjoy their profits.

Pretty sad really. What ever happened to being good in the game because you were actually just natutrally good at it. How much money EA and other game design companies profit from DLC and pre-orders etc, without having to extort further funds from their already paying customers?
    Only problem w this theory is that as far as I am aware of kids can't buy packs. In that they can't have credit cards or access to money without parents permission plus u haven't been to chuckie cheese lately then