The plague is zarriss not MotherTalzin

marauder
124 posts Member
edited November 2017
Zariss has become the plague for top arena players.

I dont understand how and why EA allowed these players using zariss teams (with kitten mods) to beat most developed teams.

Hope devs develop and add an anti-zariss character.
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• You can beat Zarris with nightsisters. But then you get smashed in defense.
  • There is one and it's called Darth Nihilus. His leadership makes sith unable to crit and thus not heal her.

Of course Nihilus lead is horrible and doesn't do well especially since sith are bad in the game.

I agree zarriss is very annoying to face but at the same time something tells me you are mad cause you use rebels and they crit too much. I have no sympathy for rebel users who constantly complain about other characters being too strong
  • marauder wrote: »

I dont understand how and why EA allowed these players using zariss teams (with **** mods) to beat most developed teams.

Sounds like someone has spent to much time meta chasing instead of developing their roster. I float around 100 in the arena and I have no problem beating teams with Zariss in them. I haven been at the top of my arena shard in the past, but found it to much of a pain chasing the current meta. Instead I started focusing on build my entire roster now I stay in the top 100 instead of the top 10, but their isn't a single team I struggle against. Food for thought.
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @DarthTaral nope my lineup is well developed; i definitely dont have an issue beating these teams ,its just i cant stand how these bad teams can beat really developed lineup with great mods.
    @DarthTaral nope my lineup is well developed; i definitely dont have an issue beating these teams ,its just i cant stand how these bad teams can beat really developed lineup with great mods.

That is a problem with the game at its core, not a single toon. Some people would say it is an AI issue. Others might say it is a problem with the power rating system. Since the power ratings don't reflect the true abilities of anyone said team. Since it is possible for a team that has a power rating significantly lower than another team but is still able to beat them. There are many different ways to look at this long standing issue but it is certainly not because of Zariss alone.

Define bad team. Just because someone found a counter to your team or you have bad RNG does not make it bad team. I like seeing the diversity and ingenious ideas for developing new teams instead of these cookie cutter 3 teams dominating Arena right now. Finally got to watch a Cody / Clone team with Leia. Cody and Leia never stopped shooting. Saw a Thrawn and Jyn (old news right!?) go ape trading turns with Chaze and Imperial Guard.
  • Yep. zBariss is the worst and most annoying thing about this game.
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @ChickenFett139 bad teams. how can a team averaging 200+ speed beat a 250+speed team. wrong dynamics. of spots

running zariss is too cowardly for me. not a real solid team deserving of what they are reaching
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Zbarris IS beatable. I have run her and fluctuate with her in my team.

It's no worse than when old Ben lead was meta or the Zaul meta.

It's just part of the game.

Though I'm starting to see more diversity in our top 50. Someone is running Thrawn lead with palp, GK shoretrooper and nihilus.

Hermit Han is starting to appear too.
  • I really don’t know why they would think zeta bariss was a good idea...

Non critical attack characters are the best way for a anti bariss in the future...

What I really find funny is people using her with GK all the time, just makes it easier to kill them when they can’t be crit hit..

Arena really was funnier when it was full of sith... At that time we had zMaul vs Rex teams.. Which was a nice balance instead of this rebels 3.0 meta + Bariss GK against the same... Speed wins again..
  • I play resistance.

Give me Zarriss all day please.

Thanks.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    I play resistance.

Thanks.
    uuu yes, you have a point. Lets hope new Rey can turn things around :-)
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    I play resistance.

Thanks.

What's your team make up. I really want to try resistance. But I hear they're not great on defense?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    marauder wrote: »

I dont understand how and why EA allowed these players using zariss teams (with **** mods) to beat most developed teams.

Sounds like someone has spent to much time meta chasing instead of developing their roster. I float around 100 in the arena and I have no problem beating teams with Zariss in them. I haven been at the top of my arena shard in the past, but found it to much of a pain chasing the current meta. Instead I started focusing on build my entire roster now I stay in the top 100 instead of the top 10, but their isn't a single team I struggle against. Food for thought.

Well, one could argue that players who chase the meta would use barriss, so i don't see how too much meta chasing could be the reason why people don't like zbarriss.
    I don't like zbarriss, it's just an annoying team. It's effective both on offence aswell as on defence (mainly vs sniping on defence because it takes longer to beat than other meta teams). Same goes for that stealth acolyte reviving zombi team. It's not like i have a lower win/loss ratio vs those teams, maybe even a higher win/loss ratio, but those teams are just annoying to battle against especially when you do lose.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • lol. All is not a matter of speed and GK Bariss teams are not weak. Except if you consider that GK, Thrawn, DN, R2 and even CLS are weak since they all include them in it.

The kit of Bariss is far inferior than the kit of CLS for example.
  • I think commander luke is the worst of them all. I use zBariss in my team because of him. Countering all the time, hitting like a truck, its the most cheap strategy.
    But with bariss luke teams are a joke, easily beatable which is extremely important nowadays, everyone runs luke teams. Getting old
  • krisamagus1
    53 posts Member
    edited November 2017
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Yep. zBariss is the worst and most annoying thing about this game.

Right after nihilus behind tanks.
  • Wha? Top arena players use Zarris too. Doesn't mean they're lazy, cowardly and don't deserve to be there. Anyone with "****" mods deserves to be 1st if they can use strategy in their gameplay and lineup and Zarris is one perfectly acceptable part of that.

It's no different to people who pay money thinking they should be automatically entitled to win or not lose. They're not. People can't expect to be 1st constantly in this game no matter how perfect their beloved team or strategy may seem.
  • Moved to Feedback/Arena.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    Not again! They aren’t gonna nerf Barriss for a 3rd time. Players like you that call for nerfs need to get a little smarter and find ways to counter these issues.

Players like who? Don't see anyone in this thread asking for a nerf.
    I'm also curious what way you have found that counters these issues. To be clear; the issues described by the OP, not the issues people who ask for nerfs have.
    If players only "need ot get a little smarter and find ways to counter these issues", i don't understand why there still are so many zBarriss teams easily taking top spots in arena.
    That is assuming you actually bothered to read the entire thread and your response wasn't just a pre-fab anti nerf comment. I don't expect an anwser if it was just a anti nerf comment, if it wasn't i really hope you share your knowledge.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I have to use Zbarris because i do not have CLS.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I agree that it is crazy that Barris teams can take out top luke teams that are much better geared and have far, far better mods. I'm fine with the ones that have decent gear and mods beating me on offense, but not the other ones.
  • Tarugo91 wrote: »
    I have to use Zbarris because i do not have CLS.

But most players have DN. Isn't DN the best hero to take out ZBariiss
  • She'd be fine if her heal on critical were a) limited to her faction, like the majority of all of the better zetas in the game and b) limited to the damage done. It's pretty annoying when a taunting / countering Baze crits GK for 4k and GK ends up healing 12k. That really is non-intuitive.

But, combine the healing with her passive dispel, give her some speed and couple her with the defense benefit of GK, R2's smoke screen, Thrawn and Nihilus waiting in the weeks and it makes for some pretty frustrating game play. Similarly frustrating as 'whack-a-sith'.
  • Similarly frustrating as 'whack-a-sith'.

giphy.gif