Kylo Unmasked - any good uses out there

I like his ship so have him 4* G11 and had a bunch of zeta mats lying around so zeta'd his Unique. This puts him into the tier 2 tank category behind GK and kind of let's him sit as the 5th guy on a very strong CLS lead team... but... that's all I've really gotten out of him. Tried the following mod angles:

- High health (not really possible. Can lift him into 26, 27k range but that is still one shot territory for enemy CLS and Han;
- High protection. Like all toons where the bias is protection.. he's taunting a lot so gets beaten hard and then there is very little health under it and can't get any benefit from Zarriss if I decide to run her to help him;
- High tenacity. Can make him pretty resistant and speedy but being CC'd is not really a problem when you pack Thrawn and Zarriss for cleanses.

Group strategies I've trialed:

- DN tank protection group (GK, Kylo, 2 tanks, DN). fine on offense... irritating on defence, but Kylo is the squishy issue that folds too soon;
- CLS led meta team... yeah he is kind of like Hoth Han and any other 5th character... doesn't really help at all. Certainly is not as strong as the usual owner of that slot;
- First Order. Ewwww.
- High heal annoyance team (without Hermit Yoda so limited). Tried several permutations of healers / tranks / revivers. You just tend to be on the back foot for 5 minutes then time out vs decent squads.

So has anyone found the 'trick' with this guy yet?

It's not rocket surgery.

Replies

• I have him 6* only gear 9 Zeta lead, he just feels out of place all together with FO he doesn’t have the survivability as a tank, he hits hard with focused rage on stunned enemies but I don’t get why. He is a tank and can’t hold up as one. I know gear 9 isn’t gear 12 but even the videos available he just gets smashed. Also I’m certain raid han hits harder than FOTP under new kylo lead with all crit damage mods. It just doesn’t make sense, also my FOTP is gear 12. I’m disappointed as they just don’t have a place anywhere in this game, they’re jack off all trades, master of none as far as I’m concerned.
  • He’s not a character to be used in mixed teams. He’s average at best when he’s not on First Order and/or utilizing his leader ability. Everyone is so focused on incorporating characters into the cookie cutter team, and if they can’t theyre deemed as worthless.
  • I don't see him fitting in well outside FO leadership. His leader zeta is really his entire point. The biggest thing FO has been missing is team health/prot recovery.

As for a g9 holding up as a tank, my g9 GK also doesn't hold up as a tank. Nor my g8 Shoretrooper. I'm not surprised by this, even though they are great tanks.

I think there are probably some mixed teams that could work with an FO core of KRU, FOST/FOO, and FOTP, along with some combination of Han, Leia, BB-8, R2, Thrawn, and GK. Team-wide buffs mean massive healing. I can see KRU, FOO, FOTP, Thrawn, BB-8 being a killer team in HAAT.
  • Thanks to the OP for all the testing and feedback!
    Yeah KRU is quite underwhelming as a tank... And i hoped to see some FO reworks with for example bonus attacks against resistance. I am building up a FO team (in preparation for DS TB) so i cannot test much yet but after waching a couple of videos, i wish KRU lead and the new FO pilot could make a FO squad a real menace in top arena.
  • At high stars and gear, KRU is a fantastic new FO leader. I haven't seen a great use for him outside of that though.