Territory Wars Overview [Mega]

Replies

• Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Just had a fight vs a team that someone else lost to. It had pre-loaded TM. Is that intended? That actually makes it significantly harder...

If it's like galactic war then yes.

Note: would be kind of nice if the attackers also behaved like galactic war (persistant health, not being unavailable until actially defeated).
    But I assume that's already a varient that was discussed @CG_RyDiggs ?

I vaguely recall this being true. I haven’t played the beta so bear with me. The way I understand it , is I can lost to an opponent but if one of you all come in (we re guildies now) can come in and mop up?

Yeah damage on enemies is persistant. But attacking units can only be used once, win or lose.
  • Nickielll wrote: »
    Ok guys, I dont think this will be well received by the community, imagine how much you will need to swap mods on this game mode, ive tried to prep that in the beta and after 1h and like 20 toons ready I gave up.

I believe you are unable to swap mods once you lock in during the preparation phase.

• Bendak wrote: »
    Nickielll wrote: »
    Ok guys, I dont think this will be well received by the community, imagine how much you will need to swap mods on this game mode, ive tried to prep that in the beta and after 1h and like 20 toons ready I gave up.

I believe you are unable to swap mods once you lock in during the preparation phase.

Yea theres no point to mod switching for this. You get your roster to a good place and it lock in.
  • I love the idea of guild vs guild but this really concerns me. I downloaded beta with the intention of seeing how my roster will do. As a mostly f2p ($20 bucks here and there) my initial thought is this will destroy guilds. My guild is almost completely f2p and the dolphins in it will probably leave to guilds that spend. Why stay when the f2p players that have worked hard and I get that's a struggle are not going to be able to compete with the depth of roster...more importantly geared roster. This in my opinion is really going to split the f2p and p2p to a point there will be no return. After doing a few battles after deploying defense has made me personally say there is no way I'm ready for this. I'm convinced that a complete f2p guild with 50 members and a gp of 100 million will get destroyed by 30 whales with similar gp which will happen I'm sure. I get whales spend for their own reasons and for that I'm thankful they fuel the game but with the way guild vs guild is currently set up will only end up hurting this game
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon

Alongside my previous comment about having a summary of total GP devoted to each territory, would also be nice to have these teams sorted by power.

Noted, good feedback, thanks!

Along the lines of feedback, i think if a defensive team successfully defends a battle, it should receive banner points.
  • LukeDukem8
    608 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @CG_RyDiggs

What happens if both sides set all defensive teams and win all territories on offense? Since the max points are reached by each side, how is a tie breaker settled?
    Post edited by LukeDukem8 on
  • @CG_RyDiggs
    It would be fair to the community to disclose the matchmaking algorithm: in the beta, ny guild with 105M GP got to fight a 140M GP guild. So it was a bit one-sided.
  • Ok. Im testing beta tw. And all see is same old battles. Nothing new. Its like Arena, only you need more stared, geared and leveled toons. Basicly players need all toons at 5 stars and geared up to lvl 85 to do well in tw. ? Realy? So far Im more than disapointed. Tw needs work. Big improvment and then testing again
  • Ok. Im testing beta tw. And all see is same old battles. Nothing new. Its like Arena, only you need more stared, geared and leveled toons. Basicly players need all toons at 5 stars and geared up to lvl 85 to do well in tw. ? Realy? So far Im more than disapointed. Tw needs work. Big improvment and then testing again

In arena you fight same meta team again and again. In TW you will/can basically fight every team in the game.
    You didn't know until now that players need all toons 7* (not 5*) and geared up to lvl 85?
    After all it's the same for all guilds, it's not like only your guild needs all that to do well in TW.
    I think that's why the rewards for winning or loosing are not so much different, which is a good thing if you ask me.

TW will favor players with few stronger teams (4-8 teams g11-g12) than players with many but weak teams.

Only thing that bothers me right now is that you don't get banners on successful defense.

• I'm doing the beta test.
    Guys who have not done it:
    You missed out ,
    It's super cool.
    Really like it ,more fun than any mode in the game
  • @CG_RyDiggs another suggestion:
    I think it would be more interesting if you could lock the offense teams by territories. Using our own toons for a single battle is not really rewarding. But if we could keep the toon for the territory I would be much more interesting. I understand that we should avoid having a single team finishing the whole map, but a single battle is too extreme.

Again, I've said this before. Thats what this game is. Its gameplay is not going to drastically change. I really enjoyed it personally.

In arena you fight same meta team again and again. In TW you will/can basically fight every team in the game.
    You didn't know until now that players need all toons 7* (not 5*) and geared up to lvl 85?
    After all it's the same for all guilds, it's not like only your guild needs all that to do well in TW.
    I think that's why the rewards for winning or loosing are not so much different, which is a good thing if you ask me.

TW will favor players with few stronger teams (4-8 teams g11-g12) than players with many but weak teams.

Only thing that bothers me right now is that you don't get banners on successful defense.
    Ok. Im testing beta tw. And all see is same old battles. Nothing new. Its like Arena, only you need more stared, geared and leveled toons. Basicly players need all toons at 5 stars and geared up to lvl 85 to do well in tw. ? Realy? So far Im more than disapointed. Tw needs work. Big improvment and then testing again

Irs not based on how many stars you have but the gp of the toon. I believe you needed a min of 6000 gp.
  • I use GK-Zarris in arena....

For defense in TW I would likly use GK-Zarris-DN-R2 and one other char.

Problem I have is I cannot beat CLS or Zarris squads without using GK-Zarris myself. IN some cases I need DN to defeat them.

I would expect to have issues fielding more then 2-3 full squads.

I guess the solution is to work on a Resistance or Night Sister squad. I suppose thats the true point here... to encourage players to spend real money in order to build up their roster, rather difficult for FTP, especially if there is a star requirement.

One possible strategy would be to have half your guild use there strong CLS-GK squads in the forward positions. And the the other half save those squads for offense.

• Tanbimb wrote: »
    I'm convinced that a complete f2p guild with 50 members and a gp of 100 million will get destroyed by 30 whales with similar gp which will happen I'm sure. I get whales spend for their own reasons and for that I'm thankful they fuel the game but with the way guild vs guild is currently set up will only end up hurting this game

We had that happen to use. We were paired with a guild that had 4 million more GP but 10 less players. They wiped the floor with us. The matching algorithm should take total GP and average player GP into consideration.
  • Hellb1azer wrote: »
    Tanbimb wrote: »
    I'm convinced that a complete f2p guild with 50 members and a gp of 100 million will get destroyed by 30 whales with similar gp which will happen I'm sure. I get whales spend for their own reasons and for that I'm thankful they fuel the game but with the way guild vs guild is currently set up will only end up hurting this game

We had that happen to use. We were paired with a guild that had 4 million more GP but 10 less players. They wiped the floor with us. The matching algorithm should take total GP and average player GP into consideration.

I do not think that will be an issue. I.E. a 90mil guild with 50 players vs a 90mil guild with 30 players. Simply because guilds are setup to favor more members in other guild aspects. I.E. if I guild did have just 30 members, they would want to recruit more members to generate more tickets and for TBs.

The TW system does give additional incentive for guilds to remove "dead weight"
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs another suggestion:
    I think it would be more interesting if you could lock the offense teams by territories. Using our own toons for a single battle is not really rewarding. But if we could keep the toon for the territory I would be much more interesting. I understand that we should avoid having a single team finishing the whole map, but a single battle is too extreme.

Personally, I am against this. There would be no more strategy, just players using their same 2 or 3 teams over and over again. Ultimately you would have 50 resistance teams running through an entire territory, and you would have GW all over again.

I personally like having to use my entire roster. I can't even remember the last time I used my full jawa team (and kind of forgot how fun they were). There isn't any other aspect of the game where I you HAVE to play every single toon in your roster (except those I put on Defense)
  • LukeDukem8
    608 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Hellb1azer wrote: »
    Tanbimb wrote: »

I do not think that will be an issue. I.E. a 90mil guild with 50 players vs a 90mil guild with 30 players. Simply because guilds are setup to favor more members in other guild aspects. I.E. if I guild did have just 30 members, they would want to recruit more members to generate more tickets and for TBs.

The TW system does give additional incentive for guilds to remove "dead weight"

Not to mention, you are basically saying that the extra 20 players best or arena teams can't even beat the 2nd teams of the 30 player guild. If that is the case, then you kind of don't deserve the win, even if the guild power is the same.
    Post edited by LukeDukem8 on
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_RyDiggs
    Thank you for giving us the opportunity to participate in this beta test, it was a lot of fun.
    The ability for leadership to mark areas for the guild to focus on was much needed and appreciated. I would like to see if we can add this functionality to Territory Battles as well. I also noticed countdown numbers appearing over D.O.T. icons. Was this a turn count for 1 D.O.T., or a count of multiple stacked D.O.T.s? Will it be implemented into the game? Or, maybe it is and I just didn't notice...
    I have not noticed any bugs, but there was some lagging here and there, especially when scrolling through anything like chat, shipments, or roster. This could have been the fault of my connection though.
    While I did enjoy this new aspect of the game, I fear I only enjoyed it because it was new. I think that once everyone has played through a few times, it will become a chore much like territory battles. However...
    I think Territory Wars will be great as long as it doesn't become static and stale. I would like to see requirements and bonuses that change week to week. Make it impossible to plan for until the first phase has started.
  • Hanu
    138 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    There should be a icon which tell you how many total ships and toons you are going up against that way ur guild can plan attacks Right now u see 2 battle area and as u clear 1 u go on to the next
    This way you can have a general type role who dictates when and how the guild will defend or attack
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Attenshun errbody...
    this week in territory wars, you will not be allowed to use ur Rebels, and Ugnaught gets +100% offense!
    giphy.gif

I'm just sayin, the people would love this kind of thing. You know, cause they love to complain about stuff...
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Ties are going to be relatively common for top 200 guilds, since most will be able to fill 250 teams on defense and be able to clear the opponent's board. There should be a tiebreaker system in place when this happens.
  • Attenshun errbody...
    this week in territory wars, you will not be allowed to use ur Rebels, and Ugnaught gets +100% offense!
    giphy.gif

I'm just sayin, the people would love this kind of thing. You know, cause they love to complain about stuff...

I’m ready!
  • It's fun, not too much time consuming, rewards should be based primarily on banners and not on guild gp. So, are this zetas transferable to our primary accounts as a reward to this beta contribution?
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I have read most of this thread, one question never answered is how guild matches are set... I am in an active guild with just under 100mil NW. If we are matched vs a guild with similar networth then GW would be an interesting challenge. But if we end up facing a 40mil or 140mil guild then the whole system becomes pointless.

I get that the whole point is to pit whale guilds vs each other, and try to create competitive spending. I just wonder that the gameplay would look like down the line.

Facing whales running metas in areana and gw never made me want to spend, it just makes me what to delete the game.

dunno how is the match making works but my guild is 79mil gp while the other guild is 69mil gp
    just as idea so u know
    10M still seems kinda steep. Ours was 89M vs 78M
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs another suggestion:

That would make TW way to easy. You would only need 10 people to keep arena teams ready and they could single handedly clear out an entire area.

This is GW/tournaments on a guild widescale. It's meant to stress your whole roster.
  • I thought the beta to be great and hats off to CG for yet another event to keep the game evolving. The guild I was in was matched against another team of same size but they're toons were all gear 12 maxed, the battle didn't go well. I guess a big question is on the match making. Is the gear level taken into account when determining your opponent? I can definitely see some whale guilds with maxed gear toons just sweeping the holo tables. Which I don't mind too much as that gives me a challenge of trying to put together a squad that can defeat those more powerful squads. After all the whales do play a role in keeping the game funded somewhat. I think it would make more sense to make 1 or both of the 2 starting battle territories to be only ships. To put the ships battle territories towards the end seems out of place.
    Liked the few changes seen in the beta and improvements. Especially the dot counter that should keep the screen from becoming cluttered with all those dots from Vader and sidious.
    On a side note will there be a raid for ships added in the future?
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    There's nothing to prevent the defence isn't the same team 15 times

Not being able to use those units on offense...plus like the post says under future iterations...they're going to be expanding this mode going forward with various functions that seem like they could very easily take some META characters off the map(platoons), and put some under utilized ones on the map(unit requirements and faction bonuses).
    I have no problem with the you can't use the toons for both defence and offence, that makes sense, it's the you can't use your remaining toons after they survived the battle, that annoys me

I would have agreed with you until I actually played the beta. The opposition will have LOTS of teams set on defense at 60K and under. One strong meta team on offense could wipe all of these out without losing a toon. That would defeat the whole purpose. This way, people will have to use their underpowered teams to take those enemies out because using a meta team there would be a waste.
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I have never really liked the pvp aspect of any game I have played. I am sure I will try it once but unless the rewards are very good and worth it I will probably not do it long term.

Why can’t they come out with a new raid or something that everyone will most likely enjoy. We are already seeing a big lack of interest with the TB. Where as the raids we have huge interest years after they came out (pit raid).
This discussion has been closed.