Ok Nightsister fans... sell me on the Acolyte

Slowly getting my Nightsister team up to speed. Ventress and Initiate are ready, Talia is close and Old Dirty Daka isn't too far behind. So here's my dilemma. I have Acolyte unlocked and at 2 stars, but not leveled or geared at all. It would be a project to bring her up and there are some other nice toons I'd love to farm in there that she would compete with.

Pros: Would complete the Nightsister team. With the Ventress speed buff, she would be one of the first characters to go. Has above average health and damage is ok (I guess?). Has some self healing, some debuff capability, stealth, and turn reduction (with Ventress buff).

Cons: Not sure another toon wouldn't be just as good, even without the leader buff (ie GS, Lumi, Dooku, Sid). That 5th Night Sister spot might be filled in the future by Momma T!

So is she worth working on or not? ie would the improvement she brings be that much more over another option? Also, if no on Acolyte, which character would be the best 5th spot? As a side note, I also have a 7 star Ahsoka that I'm tempted to try the dodge team at least maybe in GW.

Appreciate in advance any advice from my fellow Nightsister fans!

Replies

• When I first started playing, I planned on making a Nighsister squad and a First Order Squad at the same time. And now with the Jedi event, I'm also making a Jedi team as well XC. I haven't unlocked Acolyte yet though, so can't tell you much about that. But I've tried a dodge team with a fully max Ahsoka as leader. Had JC, Lumi, Ventures, and Phasma on my Squad, all max. Overall, it wasn't too efficient on Arena. I was able to do well on offense, but it struggled significantly on defense. Was able to reach 80s-70s, but continued to fall past the 150s. So ended up putting Phasma as leader, and that worked a lot better, stopped falling so frequently and am now athe 40s-30s. So a dodge team isn't enough to compete with the current meta unfortunately. But IDK, maybe if I had different Jedi/Nightsisters my squad could have done much better. Daka could have probably been a better substitute for JC.
    Ahsoka does turn into a beast when she's leader though, that 25% boost on her turn meter, when dodging an attack, makes her much more stronger. And with her dodge up, it does happen quite often. This should really become a passive ability rather than a leader. It only helps herself, so it kind of makes no sense for it to be considered a leader ability.
  • Farm Geo Soldier or Dooku instead. Both will bring more to a Nightsister team than the Acolyte. I think Greedo would be better than the Acolyte, so you really can't go wrong by using anyone other than her (except urgnaught).
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • I think Ventress(lead) and Daka have a place in high level PVP. Get GS, QGJ and Dooku, Rey, Poggle, or Lumi and you should have a great PVP team with a little nightsisters flair
  • I have a full Nightsister team. I like the idea of subbing Dooku for acolyte.
  • YGB
    11 posts Member
    i have acolyte only because i unlocked initiate because of talia's leader ability, got them both to 4 stars, and then realized there were better toons out there for me to focus on. when i was playing them initiate and acolyte seemed pretty good, initiate did a lot more damage long term for me than acolyte did, but i still thought acolyte was good, especially as a support in the healers/support challenge. other than that i haven't really found any other good use for them. maybe there is and i just haven't found it yet lol
  • I like her debuff, but it's so conditional, it's hard to use effectively.
  • Acolyte works well with some self heal ability (limited) and the stealth on critical hit. Other than that her devuff needs to be planned and isn't a big strategy in the game. I actually like her more on a team with Teebo and (probably) Leia because the stealth feeds off each other's. She's got decent HP but not as solid as Initiate. She's really just a piece to complete the ensamble, and is replaceable. A fairly viable option is to use Asokah as leader for the Evasion boost and use the other 4 instead of acolyte.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Acolyte is by far the worst Nightsister. The only good thing about her is her speed (she will go before anyone else except maybe a QGJ lead Jedi) and her debuff dispel. The dispel is very situational, but if you play it properly it's amazing. It can win you a match when you remove stun off Asajj for example.

If you don't like her then use Savage maybe. He is pretty cool.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.