Apple players

Prev13
What did Apple do that warrants giving all of us the shaft with anything new with this game?

Replies

• No idea what you are talking about...
  • They grow stronger the more you feel entitled
  • It’s a Beta, not a new feature.
  • It’s just ridiculous how half of the playing population gets alienated every turn. I put the blame both on apple and EA.
  • My question is are the repeat challenges and zetas something that transfers over to the regular account permanently?

Or how does the beta work?

I am a good bit upset that because I play on apple that I miss out on this
  • Blame apple and post on the apple forum.
  • What beta?
  • Nah rather post here to give the trolls something to do....
  • By the way, I’m an apple user.
  • My question is if it advances your account by using the beta. My thought is no but I wanted to confirm.

I am upset that I can't try it out early but I will get over it if no account advantage.

I.e. If you can repeat challenges in the beta does it help your actual account or only in the open beta. If it does then I will engage in freakout mode
  • JACE13 wrote: »
    Nah rather post here to give the trolls something to do....

Well, if that is truly your intent, so be it. If you really want to see a change, messa stick to my original comment.
  • IOS is an inflexible Operating System, therefore making a Beta for it becomes complicated and Android isn't complicated and a simple case of a download. This isn't personal to Apple users at all.
  • NOTE: Import button only copies your main game account to the Beta Server. It will NOT affect your main game AT ALL.

I think this answers your questions. Nothing done in the beta will affect in any way your actual account.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    My question is if it advances your account by using the beta. My thought is no but I wanted to confirm.

I am upset that I can't try it out early but I will get over it if no account advantage.

I.e. If you can repeat challenges in the beta does it help your actual account or only in the open beta. If it does then I will engage in freakout mode

no the beta is separate. if uses the players data as a base but doesn't transfer anything to the "main account". and when the beta is over. the beta accounts are deleted
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    JACE13 wrote: »
    What did Apple do that warrants giving all of us the shaft with anything new with this game?

It’s not what Apple did, but rather what they didn’t do. EA/CG offers events and stuff to both platforms, but Google says okay while Apple laughs a hearty laugh, kicks a union organizer in the stomach, then swan dives into its Scrooge McDuck-like pile of money, all the while shouting, “We’re not like other corporations, we ‘care’ about you!”

Edit: Seriously, Apple is the worst corporation in the world. At least Google is honest about its exploitative practices and Big Brother-like data collection that it sells for massive profits. Apple pretends it can fool you with a snazzy turtleneck sweater and a new gadget every six months. Hey, remember the time they tried to trademark rectangles with rounded corners?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    EA/CG offers events and stuff to both platforms

Source?

• JRCPKT99
    292 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    My question is if it advances your account by using the beta. My thought is no but I wanted to confirm.

no the beta is separate. if uses the players data as a base but doesn't transfer anything to the "main account". and when the beta is over. the beta accounts are deleted

Thank you for the clarification.
    I will come off the ledge now.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

It’s not what Apple did, but rather what they didn’t do. EA/CG offers events and stuff to both platforms, but Google says okay while Apple laughs a hearty laugh, kicks a union organizer in the stomach, then swan dives into its Scrooge McDuck-like pile of money, all the while shouting, “We’re not like other corporations, we ‘care’ about you!”

First unless I missed it, CG hasn't ever said they offer similar promotions to Apple. You assume they did. Might be right or wrong.

It could be other business decisions. Maybe there is a lower player base on android and they need to market the game with promotions. Maybe they do have an android bias.

I'm not worried about the beta testing, but as an Apple user who does spend, I do feel under appreciated by CG and EA. Enough so that I might tighten the purse strings (state of the game doesn't exactly help either)...

• JACE13 wrote: »

Apple doesn't do anything....that's the problem. Promotional opportunities are offered to Google and Apple. Google pays for the promotions to the benefit of its customers. Apple does not.

Source?

Spend a few minutes searching for the answer. This comes up with every single promotion and it's been discussed to death.

Source?

Every single event except for 2 that i know of: K2S0 and this one.

Other ones had either a counterpart or was present in boyh
  • Bc I'm an Apple user I assume that's why I don't know what the beta thing is we're talking about.. is it for territory wars?
    Someone please enlighten me
  • Yeah territory wars
  • Socerace wrote: »
    Bc I'm an Apple user I assume that's why I don't know what the beta thing is we're talking about.. is it for territory wars?

I think so
  • Theres a dev post about it.
    Socerace wrote: »
    Bc I'm an Apple user I assume that's why I don't know what the beta thing is we're talking about.. is it for territory wars?

• Lrrr
    172 posts Member

Apple doesn't do anything....that's the problem. Promotional opportunities are offered to Google and Apple. Google pays for the promotions to the benefit of its customers. Apple does not.

I monitor the forums quite a bit and I've never seen an official response. I've seen tons of speculation. But I also think it's funny everyone assumes Google is paying CG/EA. Usually when someone wants to promote something they pay.

Do you think the television shows pay to promote the Star Wars trailers? Or movie theaters pay for the previews?

I'm not saying there isn't a reason, but I think when a company markets something they usually have a target audience. EA/CG might want more android players. Or they might want to cater to a larger android base and try to get them to increase spending with the google play promotion.

I for one will however doubt anyone without a link to a official response who spouts of rehtoric that they offer promotions to both companies equally.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Every single event except for 2 that i know of: K2S0 and this one.

Other ones had either a counterpart or was present in boyh

The spring droid event was also android only.

But you proof my point. We dont know if the current promotion was offered to apple or not. Such deals are much more compicated than an ea sales guy approaching apple and goodle and auggesting something.

The android bias is obivious. It may be apples fault, it may be not. But ea is handling it really bad imo and no wonder ios users get upset.

The same would happen if it is vice versa. Why do I pay more and get less content?
  • Lrrr wrote: »

I monitor the forums quite a bit and I've never seen an official response. I've seen tons of speculation. But I also think it's funny everyone assumes Google is paying CG/EA. Usually when someone wants to promote something they pay.

Do you think the television shows pay to promote the Star Wars trailers? Or movie theaters pay for the previews?

I'm not saying there isn't a reason, but I think when a company markets something they usually have a target audience. EA/CG might want more android players. Or they might want to cater to a larger android base and try to get them to increase spending with the google play promotion.

I for one will however doubt anyone without a link to a official response who spouts of rehtoric that they offer promotions to both companies equally.

Yea cause CG is going to tell Google "we want to give users on your platform exclusive content and were going to pay you to do it"..........
  • As @IgneoMorte pointed out in another thread:

Android utilizes an operating system that is open and, therefore, capable of handling the beta. Apple is completely closed. On an iOS device there would be no way to do the beta the way that CG is doing it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    As @IgneoMorte pointed out in another thread:

Android utilizes an operating system that is open and, therefore, capable of handling the beta. Apple is completely closed. On an iOS device there would be no way to do the beta the way that CG is doing it.

This. sorry to say.

this has nothing to do with offers, deals or anything.