What is with the arena today.

Did they update the AI or is this just an odd fluke. I maybe lose 1 in 20 arena matches normally, and usually because i'm rushing and don't look at squad power so i don't notice the 4000 point difference. Today however, I am matching up even in power against non speed and power teams, but still getting destroyed. I just lost 4 in a row. against teams I usually don't lose a toon against. ****.

Replies

• I agree I was taking on ones that were 2K below me that I've destroyed in the past but today they destroyed me ****?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    0-3 today, wont get in top 200 so I'll sit at 339 and collect my 600
  • Tired of this crap personally. Arena AI is a joke, pretty much 100% chance of bonus attacks for all....except your team. Hardly any of my stuff works, but all the AI's does.
  • Though I didn't lose one today I did notice that people I am equal to in power level were taking out far more of my people than usual in the arena.
  • Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Finished 7 today which is my first out of top 5 in forever. I usually snipe a droid team sitting in 2/3 and have all 5 of my toons left. Not today. 0 for 3 against him...****
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    climbed to 1 without issue. full farmable team. guess the opponent Rey didn't crit or something lol. also fotp didn't hit twice on basic attack.
    mighty chlorians
  • $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I got smoked today too. Couldn't even break into top twenty with four tries. Everything just kept going wrong. AI focusing down my weaker characters, double stuns, no crits at critical times, heal immunity right before my heal, bleh.

On the other hand someone else had a great day at my expense! :|
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Do leveling up your abilities even add power to your character? I'm under the impression it doesn't, which could explain this. You could have the same power characters but one with level 3 abilities and the other with level 7.
  • Aero wrote: »
    Do leveling up your abilities even add power to your character? I'm under the impression it doesn't, which could explain this. You could have the same power characters but one with level 3 abilities and the other with level 7.

The power doesn't change but you can easily see what the person you want to attack has simply by looking at their characters, it shows you their ability levels.
  • I somehow made up about 60-70 points in my three wins today, and yet my rank fell from 101 to 222 in the last 18 hours. So I lost about 190 ranks on defense. What a bunch of garbage. My best finish in weeks one day turns into my worse finish in months the very next day.
  • +1. Enemy 5s, GS, and JC were all popping more damage than mine
  • GW is a pain in the @#$ today too.
  • Funny, i've noticed that too, and i mean considering i usually get teams that are like 2,000 points above my power, however i haven't been that unlucky to lose matches, i do refresh a lot though lol. GW on the other hand, sometimes it gives me teams with like 2 or 3 more levels + higher gear and it's pretty laid back.
  • Changed out QGJ for Poggle since I finally got him to VII and got some synergy for him (GS and 86), and am just face rolling on my attacks...and hemorrhaging defense losses still. I mean ****, suddenly the last two days my team loses like one defense per hour. Today I used the arena refresh for the very first time ever, win three matches this morning to drop me to 154, go see a movie and come out and I am in the 220s again. 75 ranks in two hours. So the very first time I use an arena refresh it doesnt do jack squat and I immediately lose all I gained within a matter of two hours. How freaking ridiculous.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Something does seem odd about arena today (and yesterday) I've lost 2-3 arena battles when I attack since I started (December) - and I have also lost that many in the last 2 days now.

That + my arena rank dropping ridiculously faster than usual. Weird. Not sure why this would be.

Anyone who has been on older servers - is this common at some point? Or is this just an odd bump in activity?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • How much you wanna bet its another invisible change. They probably realize the shard shop isn't quite scalping us as much as intended so now they are merging servers, nerfing AI defense etc. to drop rankings and reduce rewards across the board. All you need is 200 or better for ten shards from arena ships per day, higher than 200 = half the shards.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Something does seem odd about arena today (and yesterday) I've lost 2-3 arena battles when I attack since I started (December) - and I have also lost that many in the last 2 days now.

That + my arena rank dropping ridiculously faster than usual. Weird. Not sure why this would be.

Anyone who has been on older servers - is this common at some point? Or is this just an odd bump in activity?

I haven't noticed this but id be interested in knowing what teams are seeming worse than before. I did notice that many are catching up with the purple mats and their teams are stronger because of it. But that doesn't explain the lower power ranking.
  • Well, it is official...my team will finish outside of the top 200 for the second day in a row...and the second time in months, after using an arena refresh for the very first time ever. Time for me to finally 7* my arena team and face nothing but 7* gear VIII teams in nodes 5-12 in GW every day *throws hands in the air*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    J7000 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I haven't noticed this but id be interested in knowing what teams are seeming worse than before. I did notice that many are catching up with the purple mats and their teams are stronger because of it. But that doesn't explain the lower power ranking.

I'm in the 45-75 range (normally) on a fairly mature server (all top 200 on level 70 running several (if not all) 7* toons - especially in the top 50. I have never lost to a team that has less or roughly equal power to me - and yet have lost twice to such teams in the last 2 days. I have also cracked the top 50 a couple of time in the last week, but now sit at 88 with only 1 battle left to fight and 2.5 hours until payout.

The purple mat aspect might have something to do with it if it were, say a Monday on a newer server (Sat & Sunday are back-to-back mat days!!!) - but I'm not so sure given my situation what exactly is going on...or why.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Always ranked anywhere from 46-70 though teams are getting harder to handle
  • I also noticed this, but I also see that the team compositons are changing. I was pushed back from the 3x to 1xx, but fortunately I still can be in the top 100 at 6PM. What gives a relief that I see a lots of familiar fellow here too whom we were fighting each other in the top 50 :smile:

Well, I think the others were caught up and a migration wave is coming. Only the strongest will stay. Thinking a lot of a new setup, and this is hard - change or sink.
  • Are you guys running slow teams? I have put in lower power rating meta team in favor of my former high power FO team.

Dropped from 27,000 to 24,000 power and it's stilla better team :/
  • I'm running poggle/GS/Sid/86/Lumi, hardly a slow team. My team is practically the meta FotM and it doesnt matter.
  • I'm running Dooku and Sid - with Phas leader (so they act fast and occasionally proc other attacks). So, no, not particularly slow.

• It seems buffed. 5's for instance the AI has had now for 2 days 100% counter. Nobody I have tried has been able to do a thing buff wise. No DOT, no heal immune, no speed down, no stuns.
  • Arena is 0 sum. If the AI is defending better that you should drop less than before as well. I have only lost 1 spot instead of 3-4. Haven't done my attacks yet though. You can't be getting both worse results on offense and defense