New in game option needed to delete gear

Hybridplug
216 posts Member
edited November 2017
As the title indicates, it would be great to have an option to delete gear and de-level gear levels. Not removing gear, for re-use as that would go against the profit plan. Perfect (and maybe only) example is Nightsister Zombie. I know a few people who had their zombie leveled farther than intended, me being one of them. Mistakes cannot currently be undone but I suspect if there were an option to delete gear for a steep crystal cost, there might be a few interested.

Replies

• By steep you mean? Cause if it's too steep you might aswell buy another one, makes no sense efficiency wise
  • Even if you were able to remove some of the extra pieces. Say you have a G10 geonosian soldier with 3/6 to G11. It would be great to remove the 3 assigned slots to reuse on something useful
  • I'm obviously missing something. What's the benefit to deleting gear without being able to reuse it?
  • ^ this, I don't understand the need to remove gear without return. Reducing the power level of zombie won't benifit anything and will just cause negative returns in things like TB
  • Introduce (waste time coding) a new function for a single, perfect example of a toon.
    Just for the special, special people.

Are you serious??
  • It's obvious by the responses that people don't understand NS mechanics.
  • It's basically a way to pay to reverse unintended gear advancement in situations where your family (or children) gear a character further than you intend on an account. If you understand NS and how zombie works then you'll understand why this is something that I'd like to see. Granted this option would not be utilized by most.
  • Hybridplug wrote: »
    It's obvious by the responses that people don't understand NS mechanics.

That’s because 99% of us don’t spend $1000 to level one toon :)

That’s because 99% of us don’t spend $1000 to level one toon :)

While that may be correct, it does not mean it never applies. I know of a few people that would utilize this option. Even better yet would be a gear removal and exchange system that has large diminishing returns on gear exchanges. However, doubt either will ever happen.
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    let's get this one step further, you got the option to delevel your toon and everything is fine till the next day your 'family (or children) de-gear a character further than you intend on an account' so you request the de-gear undo botton ..... sorry, but this seems like a realy kitten idea to me ;)

Well, then why don't tell us? I lived in an impression that the ONLY things determined by the gear level are abilities (of which only Zombies' unique is locked until gear level 2), ships' crew ability upgrade level (zombie is no crew member). Really, I'd like to know what harm does "overgearing" do to Zombie - learning new things is fun.
  • Meh. Accidents happen, mistakes get made. If we give one undo button for a single instance then everyone wants an undo button for their own circumstance.

Well, then why don't tell us? I lived in an impression that the ONLY things determined by the gear level are abilities (of which only Zombies' unique is locked until gear level 2), ships' crew ability upgrade level (zombie is no crew member). Really, I'd like to know what harm does "overgearing" do to Zombie - learning new things is fun.

He’s made his zombie too strong. He essentially wants it so it would be killed in one hit then revive with taunt. Most dispell of buff immunity come with damage attached that would kill it
  • You want Zombie to die with a single touch and just come right back. If it has higher gear, it could stay alive and get debuffed instead.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    You want Zombie to die with a single touch and just come right back. If it has higher gear, it could stay alive and get debuffed instead.

Cheers.
  • Isn't Zombie supposed to only come back with taunt when it is on its (hers?) turn (i.e. if it dies from counterattack to its own attack)? Otherwise, when shes simply defeated from another units attack, she's supposed to only come back, but without a taunt. If she really come back with a taunt after ANY defeat then it's a bug, it's definitely NOT working as described in the ability description: "Zombie is revived after defeat with 100% health ans 25% turn meter if any other Nightsister is active. Zombie gains taunt at the start of an encounter and at the end of her turn"
  • Relax man, no one said she comes back with Taunt. She just comes back, but if you only have 1 other character which is Acolyte who is stealthed, you have no choice but to keep hitting the zombie, taunt or no taunt.
  • What I've seen of zombie is that it revives without taunt. So other than things like bonuses on deaths (eg what Daka has), I really don't see much point in undergearing zombie. A zombie without taunt is a useless waste of squad space.
  • Theres a reason why this will never be done. Invariably some fool of a player will accidentally delete like a mk5 stun gun.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well, i don't think a character should be better at low gear/stars/lvl than at high gear/stars/lvl ever, so i don't think we need the option to delete gear.
    I do understand the NS mechanics.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Theres a reason why this will never be done. Invariably some fool of a player will accidentally delete like a mk5 stun gun.

this. Plus this is a low tier request. There are much more useful things that CG should be working on.
  • DrMaggot
    227 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Having the zombie die often feeds Assaj power and Daka health when they have zeta.

However as a NS user id rather have the zombie soak up a little more hits before dying.
    Granted I will gear him last tho because he is very effective at low levels.
  • Bumping this to feedback
This discussion has been closed.