Returning player, should i re-roll?

DiscoSlice
275 posts Member
edited November 2017
Hey guys--

Level 73 player here, have a lot of level 70 characters. Used to be quite active then stopped for several months. Have several decent 7*s at level 70: Gen Soldier, Dooku, Sidious, Lumi, Qui-Gon, JC, Phas - 6 star Yoda - 4* Poe, Fives, Luke and Daka.

Have crappy ships and haven't done much with mod battles. Any tips on what I should be doing to get back up to speed - which chars I should be aiming for, and activities?

thanks!
Post edited by DiscoSlice on

Replies

• chaze, r2op2, oghan, speed secondary mods. basicly look at the top 10 of your shard then go for that. also zeta barris. She's kinda super annoying to fight. if you don't like rebels then a rex lead will do wonders. but according to CG's "balance" if it isn't light side it's gimped
  • thanks for the character tips - should i be doing ship battles, mod battles and stuff too? Another question I have is: what should my daily activities be? and what's the most important thing - best characters? Nightsisters not that good?
  • nightsisters are overhyped. I have a talzin 7* g12 and she's good. it's mostly a gimmick. might be good for dark side TB.
    ships are a good focus as that's how you get zeta mats which zetas dictate the meta. and best characters are basicly the meta teams. CLS, r2op2, raid Han, gk, zeta barris, and chirrut/ baze. thrawns really the only good dark side character with DN being decent.

a simple rule to live by in this game is just go near purely light side (mainly **** rebels). Light side = best stuff / best benefits / op crap. Dark Side = cool characters with kits half of what the Light side characters get.

and this is coming from an extreme dark side lover. they're just not worth in this unbalanced game
  • Farm a resistance sqd. Finn, Poe, resistance trooper, pilot and BB8. To get bb8, you'll need a first order sqd. Both sqds will be useful with forthcoming release of TLJ.
  • Moving over to strategy
  • As I've posted before, sorry if it's dull! -

Rebels for Arena.

Phoenix for Thrawn (and fun and GW).

Empire for R2.

Old school Rebels for Commander Luke.

Resistance for the future.

• Basically most of those characters are useless now....

Basically work on building teams to be able to unlock thrawn, CLS, Raid Han, GK, and R2. This includes empire and different rebels.

Top farmable characters are Nihilis, rex, baze, chirrut (really only with baze) and Barris. All others are niche characters that are either needed for something e.g. phoenix and rogue one teams for tb (and pheonix for thrawn) or work only with a specific kind of team.
  • thanks guys. Lot of good info! I'm a bit intimidated about working towards all of that. Too bad my A-star team is crap now. Even Sidious and Yoda are bad now? Also sorry to hear the Dark Side is crap now - they are the best. :(

I noticed I couldn't get BB-8, Raid Han or R2--now i realize you have to unlock them.

Can I ask what my daily routine should be? Should I do everything the "daily" checklist offers?
  • I would focus on Phoenix Squad, just have to make sure Hera is lead. They count for Rebels for Palp and allow you to get Thrawn. Once you get either of those, there's your lead for R2, who's arguably the second best character in the game.

If you're looking for a guild, we have room and are all laid back. Just playing the game for fun! Welcome to join! My ally code is in my signature. Have fun!
  • Thanks srgj88! Might join your guild too. Someone on Reddit said I should just 'start over' - and re-farm for 2 months. Is there any reason to get a new account and do that? seems like a lot of work.

They said "If you have been away for a long time I would suggest you start over to be relevant in the Arena and Fleet combat. Being top 100 and below gives you so much more crystals in the end it is worth to start over.
    Farming up again to lvl 70 will take a month or two, maybe a bit more. But now you will know what to farm and the best way to do it."
  • Disco,

I took a 6 month break and came back to the game in the mid 40s for level in May. I didn't start over, but it took me a couple months to climb back into the top 1000 in my arena shard. As a contrast, I was active when I hit 60 and unlocked ships and have been able to keep in the top 50 while staying almost entierly f2p. I'm still trying to catch up in my arena shard, and not sure if I ever will. But after being back for 6 months and working hard on my arena team, I've just broken into the top 300 for the first time since coming back. The closer to the top of your shard, the easier it is to stay there.

If you decide to stick around. Farm Phoenix. You can use them to get Thrawn and EP when they come around, and build an empire team to get R2. Resistance (as has been stated before) is another option. Especially once you get to a point that you can start farming zeta materials.
  • I wouldn't start from scratch. You can just start to farm all over for new toons...and still have the ones you've unlocked. Hopefully they can help you farm faster!

Also, I'm a big fan of ships...as I've stayed in the top 30 for fleet arena and it gets me a lot of fleet tokens. Those are big for getting shards for toons like Chirrut, Wedge, Ezra, and Rex...just to name a few.
  • I was just about to create a new account. I'm rank 1500 in arena. I don't want to be in the top 100 but maybe 100-200. Can I climb back up that far? My fleet arena rank is 3142--haven't done anything with ships. Can I climb back up from there?
  • Disco, it's been mentioned a couple times here, but here's what I would do:

IMMEDIATELY start farming these:

Poe (Cantina Currency)
    Finn (Cantina Energy)
    Resistance Pilot (Galactic War)
    Rey (Hard Nodes & Guild Tokens)
    Resistance Pilot (Hard Nodes & Guild Tokens)

Resistance is the single best team for all facets of the game, and only requires one zeta. This team can easily still land you top 200 in any arena shard, can beat all PvE missions, and Territory Battles. You should be able to 7* Poe, Finn, and Pilot in about two weeks. Just grind the other two for maybe 4-5 weeks.

For ships, you will need at least five dark side ships at 5* and seven total ships at 5* (I believe this is correct) to unlock the zeta challenge, which should be your first goal.

The next best advice would be to farm Phoenix. Get Finn and Poe first, but after that, farm Ezra, Hera, Zeb, Kanan, and Sabine. As others mentioned, these will get you Palpatine and Thrawn which are two of the best dark side characters (essentially for free).

You can always climb out of any arena hole. I have a friend who didn't play for about 5 months, and when he got back into it I helped him build a Jedi team that sticks around 200 and he regularly finishes top 200 in fleet arena.

Good luck!
  • LordBane452501
    154 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    For zeta challenge you need first five 4 star (not 5 star) DS ships to get Exectrix to 5s, than 8 five star ships in total.

I just managed the first part yesterday, but still grinding out AdvTie and Slave to get that 8th 5s ship.
  • Arhithi
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Dryff wrote: »
    Disco, it's been mentioned a couple times here, but here's what I would do:

IMMEDIATELY start farming these:

Poe (Cantina Currency)
    Finn (Cantina Energy)
    Resistance Pilot (Galactic War)
    Rey (Hard Nodes & Guild Tokens)
    Resistance Pilot (Hard Nodes & Guild Tokens)

Resistance is the single best team for all facets of the game, and only requires one zeta. This team can easily still land you top 200 in any arena shard, can beat all PvE missions, and Territory Battles. You should be able to 7* Poe, Finn, and Pilot in about two weeks. Just grind the other two for maybe 4-5 weeks.

For ships, you will need at least five dark side ships at 5* and seven total ships at 5* (I believe this is correct) to unlock the zeta challenge, which should be your first goal.

The next best advice would be to farm Phoenix. Get Finn and Poe first, but after that, farm Ezra, Hera, Zeb, Kanan, and Sabine. As others mentioned, these will get you Palpatine and Thrawn which are two of the best dark side characters (essentially for free).

You can always climb out of any arena hole. I have a friend who didn't play for about 5 months, and when he got back into it I helped him build a Jedi team that sticks around 200 and he regularly finishes top 200 in fleet arena.

Good luck!

You have Resistance Pilot twice but I'm guessing you meant Trooper for one of them.. anyways I'm in the same boat as OP and I already have Rey, Pilot, Poe at 7*, r2 at 6* (will have 7* next time event comes around) and farming Finn now. Is RT a necessary farm?

Also farming FO in hard nodes to get bb8 but highly doubt I'll have all five at 7* by the time event comes back (only have Phasma and Kylo 7*, FOTP 6*, FOST 5* and FOO 4*)
  • Resistance Trooper is the key to the squad. Ideally ZFinn lead, trooper, pilot, poe and bb8 (or R2).
  • Arhithi
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Of course since he's the only one I didn't farm.. just my luck LOL
  • Lol, trooper does appear in guild store quite often, just make sure you save some guild coins.
  • Halfbaked wrote: »
    Resistance Trooper is the key to the squad. Ideally ZFinn lead, trooper, pilot, poe and bb8 (or R2).

Oops, yeah resistance pilot. My bad!