Battlefornt 2 Story Discussion SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Migux7
84 posts Member
edited November 2017
SPOILER WARNING!!!!
So about the story mode. It´s pure garbage especially if you are an empire / Dark Side fan (minus the Luke/ Kylo missions those were the only good point), and now it´s considered canon? Big mistake. The whole plot portrays the Empire and especially the Emperor as retards with the whole operation Cinder thing. At first i thought it was an operation to lay waste to the rebels and rebel worlds with the full might of the Empire but nope, mode purging Empire loyal worlds. Like srsly? Purging the loyal will spread fear to rebels and everyone? it´s like no, no, it wont actually courage other non and loyal planets to revolt, no they will fear the lunatics that the empire become. What a joke. I almost had to stop the story at mission 4 because of the reasons above.
I actually thought we are going to get an insight from the Empires side into the rise of the First Order but nope, Rebels, Rebels, Rebels and even more Rebels. After checking out this story I'm actually relieved that Visceral`s game got canceled who knows what they might have done with it.

Replies

• It's horrible
  • i was about to start one of these threads myself so i could discuss the campaign. But dude calm down and yes Even before the game came out Operation Cinder was a thing it was a Direct order from the Emperor Palpatine in the event of his death and yes it was to attack Imperial worlds and rebel worlds alike. And thin out the weak and start over with the First Order.

For me i feel the campaign was a bait and switch from the trailers and everything i have seen on YT and twiiter and other places I thought Iden was going to actually carry out doing the Operation Cinder and become a FO Officer in the end of the campaign. I have always wanted a Imperial view point story told from star wars and i almost get the feeling Disney wont let the bad guys have their day in the Light. I mean come on Empire strikes back is the best Star wars movie in the whole series of movies. I prolly should have read the book that featured Iden and her crew maybe i wouldnt have been blind sided by here joining the rebels and living a Happy life at the end like a Fairy tale. I am so freaking dissapointed in the story. Sad thing is that they gameplay and even the story telling was good just wasnt the story i wanted. I feel a lot people are going to feel this way as well. Im not mad just ugh disgusted at it all.
  • The Contingency Plan was a thing from before, it's nothing new. It doesn't make the Empire look like id...s. The Emperor has always been a monster. He didn't create the Empire to last, he made it for himself, and once his time is over, he'd rather there is no other leader.
  • Migux7
    84 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Execution could have still been better than what we got.
    The contingency plan with project Cinder was more complex. In the game we just got a dumbed down version just to make the bad guys look even dumber.
  • His plan is exactly what you would expect from Palpatine, the man who murdered his predecessor and was planning on throwing away vader for luke just for power. Palpatine has no loyalties to anyone.
  • Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    His plan is exactly what you would expect from Palpatine, the man who murdered his predecessor and was planning on throwing away vader for luke just for power. Palpatine has no loyalties to anyone.

You are right but still the whole contingency plan thing is just confusing full with contradictions.
    They actually should have taken the time to retcon some of the things.
    Why is there a need for the satellites in Op. Cinder? when they have a Death Star, as if they knew that the Death Star is going to be destroyed.
    The whole contingency plan was created way after Return of the Jedi and is full of not understandable plot holes.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It was written as a small story to fill in some of the gaps in the larger picture. It assumes you have read all the publications Disney has released, like the Aftermath series and others. It also presupposes you played the Battle of Jakku on the original Battlefront. We are being given bits and pieces of the origin story for the Fisrt Order to fill in the missing 30 years. Battlefront 2 Inferno Squad is just another small bit.

The real issue is JJ never intended to flush anything out. He wanted others to assign back stories and history. JJ is not original and has to copy things he loved from his childhood. He tanked Star Trek and now he’s doing it to Star Wars. Episode 9 is going to be a rehash of Jedi, maybe Khan will be in it too. Star Wars The Revenge of Khan. Discount Endor and Ewoks! Yippie!!
  • So how many of you think that Rey's parents are Iden and Del?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Radonis wrote: »
    i was about to start one of these threads myself so i could discuss the campaign. But dude calm down and yes Even before the game came out Operation Cinder was a thing it was a Direct order from the Emperor Palpatine in the event of his death and yes it was to attack Imperial worlds and rebel worlds alike. And thin out the weak and start over with the First Order.

For me i feel the campaign was a bait and switch from the trailers and everything i have seen on YT and twiiter and other places I thought Iden was going to actually carry out doing the Operation Cinder and become a FO Officer in the end of the campaign. I have always wanted a Imperial view point story told from star wars and i almost get the feeling Disney wont let the bad guys have their day in the Light. I mean come on Empire strikes back is the best Star wars movie in the whole series of movies. I prolly should have read the book that featured Iden and her crew maybe i wouldnt have been blind sided by here joining the rebels and living a Happy life at the end like a Fairy tale. I am so freaking dissapointed in the story. Sad thing is that they gameplay and even the story telling was good just wasnt the story i wanted. I feel a lot people are going to feel this way as well. Im not mad just ugh disgusted at it all.

The original BF2 (on xbox) had a great Imperial side for the single player campaign. It ran fromt he end of the clone wars right up to the start of the rebellion. Throughout the story and narration from a trooper you saw the Galactic Republic turn into the Galactic Empire - it was a great story.

Shame this was not the case for this new BF2 - very disappointing.