Should I start over w/ new account?

DiscoSlice
275 posts Member
edited November 2017
Returning player, been about a year since I played last. right now I'm at about rank 1500 in the arena.

Level 73 player here, have a lot of level 70 characters. Have several decent 7*s at level 70: Gen Soldier, Dooku, Sidious, Lumi, Qui-Gon, JC, Phas - 6 star Yoda - 4* Poe, Fives, Luke and Daka.

I've heard these are all relatively useless now. Starting over on a new shard would probably help with arena a lot BUT I'd have no characters. And I've done barely anything with ship battles or mod battles.

Looking for advice: should I try to climb up from where I am on this veteran shard, or start over? I'm really not sure what is best. I think I stopped playing in April/May 2016.

Replies

• Options
    Imagine you quit playing baseball at 7 years old, and now you want to start playing again with full grown professional athletes. That's where you're at in arena. You're going to have a long, miserable road ahead in arena. You might actually progress faster against equal opponents using the better rewards from a higher arena rank by starting over.
  • Options
    So really, starting over only really helps me in arena, right? And don't delete my old account - just make a new one?
  • Options
    That's what I did and I still play the crap out of my old main. Arena is rough, but I'm doing well in everything else. If you want to take full advantage of F2P, then try to stick to your alt mainly. You just need patients if you want to stick with your old account, and you will def need to find a good guild to just in with as well!
  • Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    So really, starting over only really helps me in arena, right? And don't delete my old account - just make a new one?

If you want to compete in arena, then yes. Start over. Plus, with the knowledge you have now about the game you can quickly outpace all the noobs.
  • Options
    It all depends on your goals. If ranking top 100 in arena is a goal of yours then start over. I was in the same exact situation (took a year off) but decided I didn't want to lose all the shards, gear and level I had on my original account. So I spend $20 to buy me some crystals, farmed phoenix like crazy and am perfectly fine ranking 400-500 in arena.
  • Options
    I was similar position, I was level 80 and missed 16 months. I was 800 in arena and got top 500 within a couple of days. Ship arena is a nightmare... I kept my account thinking I had so much progress in heroes that I was useful in TB because I had no longer popular heroes for platoons and I had enough squads to at least make a dent in each phase (ish). Also with all the many event requirements and mod challenge requirements I had a healthy head start anyway with what I did have.

Start over because of mostly 1 reason only. Mods.