How is Arena Shard determined for new accounts?

So I decided to re-roll a second account for giggles...got to level 28 and arena has opened up..yay! Then I look at the arena ranks and the top player is a level 53...ummm...ok

Seriously how da &^& did I get placed on an arena shard where the top players are 20 levels+more than me?? What chance does anyone have to catch a lead like that?

Is placement and levels on an arena shard completely random??

Replies

• It takes about a week to fill a Leaderboard now. The top guy probably has had quite a few days headstart by now.
  • After testing with about 20+ accounts Each method the lvl 8 and 28 method. its been at 28 Its like he said above it does appear to fill very slow now. 4 accounts i spread out through out the week And hit 28 at different points through out the week were all in the same shard arena. ;/ So those guides that say to hold it out till 8 are now wrong, That was in the past Now its about level 28 so id Recommend Making atleast 2 accounts see where the first 1 places then wait couple days. and try the 2nd account,. "seperate Gmail accounts"
  • Basicly u Joined the Arena Shard are perfect timing :) lol im still trying to nail it.... cant.. seem to get pass 3000 myself lol
  • I’m at 9000...seriously...so lame
  • I think this Leaderboard started last Saturday, and if it takes 1 week to get 20,000 players, you joining yesterday at 9,000 on Tuesday sounds about right. If you want sub 1000 position, you can try this coming Saturday.