Option for ally to help out in 12th node of galactic nodes

RefriedBeans79
93 posts Member
edited November 2017
Maybe for a update we could have the choice to pick a ally to help out in the last node of galactic nodes. It would help with all the complaints about galactic war battles to hard on 12th node.

Option for ally to help out in 12th node of galactic nodes 15 votes

Yes
66%
Darth_AllycodeOmerAsikjedikilla84cannon_fodderLubuzerosnowhutDarthSomniacRefriedBeans79x_Tw1rlyPanda_xHeroLoto 10 votes
No
33%
Zombie961CCyrilSKynoAmbassadorHuatimus 5 votes

Replies

• No
    Removes challenge for low level players with high level friends. Useless for high levels as most of the time they can clear it fine or have it broken
  • Yes
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Removes challenge for low level players with high level friends. Useless for high levels as most of the time they can clear it fine or have it broken

Wrong and wrong.
  • Yes
    i dont think anyone could disagree with this if your like me i havent played for a while so i cant even get to 12th node but if i did and i had help that would be very nice, but they do something like you can an ally but it will be downgraded to your average level and character level to not make it to overpowered
  • Yes
    I'm curious what people think my guild was talking about it that's why I brought it up. :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No
    I can see the merit to both sides, but this is meant to test your roster. So many teams way better then you would get crushed by the double leader ability. This would be way too much of a power swing and make Node 12 too easy.

• Yes
    Kyno wrote: »
    I can see the merit to both sides, but this is meant to test your roster. So many teams way better then you would get crushed by the double leader ability. This would be way too much of a power swing and make Node 12 too easy.

If Node 12 were a fair test of your roster, but it's not. 73k GP arena squad with 4 Gear XI and 1 Gear X and no zetas as a baseline gets a node 12 that is upwards of 90k GP (stat power be damned) with four zetas and four G12s, including two legendary characters and triple digit speed mods. The whole 'roster depth' argument is an archaic pre-zeta notion whose time has gone the way of the Jedi. We can all stop defending it and be open about what GW is - flat out broken.

Surely there are instances where it doesn't seem broken. There are many instances where it is broken and the imbalance not being able to complete it results in a divide between the haves and the have-nots (to the tune of millions of credits and hundreds of shards over a month).

Randomness already plays enough of a role in success of this game (Zeta drop rate, Raid Gear, even who's Han shoots first), GW doesn't need to also subject us to it.

And if you think it makes GW too easy, don't use it. It's pretty simple.
  • Yes
    It would be cool to have a full Phoenix squad, might even the odds alittle. :/
  • Yes
    For someone that was out of the game for a while and recently started playing again, this would be a great help. I have one good team that can take me through almost all of the nodes (all of them if I'm lucky), but there are usually 2-3 teams that overpower my squad of lvl 80s with their lvl 85s + zetas. I am fine with having a challenge to lead up to the last node, and it is satisfying to beat with what I have, but then there are times when it's impossible to accomplish and it's frustrating. Having an ally would definitely make it manageable, especially so for people who don't have a lot of time to spend playing.
  • Yes
    Other than bronzium packs ally points are pretty useless. What if they allowed you to spend ally points to "rent" an ally for galactic war for that particular battle. Ex: having a really tough time at tier 9, rent an ally for 2k ally points for that battle. If you need help again later, it would cost 4k ally points (double each time you need to "rent" an ally). Just a thought
  • Yes
    GW makes me want to rage quit in it's current iteration. I'd vote yes for almost any kind of change at this point.
    I enjoy the rest of the game, I even like ships to a certain extent - certainly enough to not complain about it.

Everyday I get a node 12 I can't beat, everyday I get mad and come here and see the same complaint from a slew of other people.

If you have to "break" something to make it winnable - it's broken already.
  • Yes
    Lubuzero wrote: »
    GW makes me want to rage quit in it's current iteration. I'd vote yes for almost any kind of change at this point.
    I enjoy the rest of the game, I even like ships to a certain extent - certainly enough to not complain about it.

Everyday I get a node 12 I can't beat, everyday I get mad and come here and see the same complaint from a slew of other people.

If you have to "break" something to make it winnable - it's broken already.

Having it as a achievement doesn't help when you can't complete the full 12 nodes
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2017
    No

If Node 12 were a fair test of your roster, but it's not. 73k GP arena squad with 4 Gear XI and 1 Gear X and no zetas as a baseline gets a node 12 that is upwards of 90k GP (stat power be damned) with four zetas and four G12s, including two legendary characters and triple digit speed mods. The whole 'roster depth' argument is an archaic pre-zeta notion whose time has gone the way of the Jedi. We can all stop defending it and be open about what GW is - flat out broken.

Surely there are instances where it doesn't seem broken. There are many instances where it is broken and the imbalance not being able to complete it results in a divide between the haves and the have-nots (to the tune of millions of credits and hundreds of shards over a month).

Randomness already plays enough of a role in success of this game (Zeta drop rate, Raid Gear, even who's Han shoots first), GW doesn't need to also subject us to it.

dpnezaovvwik.png

It is meant to be a test of your whole roster. its an evolving end game content. It can be done at many levels if you have a roster developed to do it, which in the current meta means resistance. before this there were different toons that could make that run.

Yes zetas could have a stronger relationship to the matching but its not that "game breaking".

There is no way to not use the 6th toon in any other way it has been used, but thats not really an issue. I was just expressing that this "fix" would be too much. Fixing it doesn't need to make it just easy, which a double leader does. IMO.
  • Yes

dpnezaovvwik.png

It is meant to be a test of your whole roster. its an evolving end game content. It can be done at many levels if you have a roster developed to do it, which in the current meta means resistance. before this there were different toons that could make that run.

Yes zetas could have a stronger relationship to the matching but its not that "game breaking".

There is no way to not use the 6th toon in any other way it has been used, but thats not really an issue. I was just expressing that this "fix" would be too much. Fixing it doesn't need to make it just easy, which a double leader does. IMO.

Why do I get gear 12 toons when I have none of my toons at gear 12. That's not testing your roster. Not in same boat. Just saying
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No

dpnezaovvwik.png

Why do I get gear 12 toons when I have none of my toons at gear 12. That's not testing your roster. Not in same boat. Just saying

they are player made teams matched on a % of the power how much gear you have or zetas is not a part of that calculation, just like synergy counts for nothing in a team power.

you have advantages too, and you could beat any team in GW if you were building your roster to do so. there are many strategies out there to help win GW and they take time and focus. most people dont want to put time into GW because the payout is not worth the investment, which is understandable, but it doesn't make GW broken. The other problem is that most people dont have an issue with GW until they can't beat it and from the only solution is time, which....well... takes time.

I understand this is not the "answer" people are looking for but we have all been there and have had metas that take over GW and force us to redirect to get even close to completing GW, you should see my overall completion rate for the 2 year stretch we are approaching, its not pretty.

one other point to note, completion in GW probably doesn't mean 12 nodes they probably look at the % of 12 completed, which is a lot higher then most people realize. Many say they never complete GW, which isn't' true, you could have a 70-91% completion rate. we dont know how they really look at it.