Change payout time

Hi, im a player in spain. My payout times are in the early morning hours. You know if its possible that EA without changing server, change my payout time ?. Energy recharges are also a disaster. Thanks

Replies

• christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Muler1977 wrote: »
    Hi, im a player in spain. My payout times are in the early morning hours. You know if its possible that EA without changing server, change my payout time ?. Energy recharges are also a disaster. Thanks

So you want the devs to change payout time because it is inconveniencing "you"?

So there are 1.2 million+ other people here and they should just change it for "you"?

Good luck with that.
  • No, they cant change your payout time or your server

I tried it when i moved, and they said it is not possible, so i ended up starting over
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member

So there are 1.2 million+ other people here and they should just change it for "you"?

Good luck with that.

Yes, they should change his payout for him. I dont mind that. They could change that for me also. They could give possibility to choose payout time. Think that this is game for players not players for game.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Gawejn wrote: »

Good luck with that.

Yes, they should change his payout for him. I dont mind that. They could change that for me also. They could give possibility to choose payout time. Think that this is game for players not players for game.

Lol, really man??

so they change payout time for everyone then everyone can earn #1 rewards every day. Not to mention those are resources wasted coding worthless crap into the game.

It would be like a football game where both sides chose what time they played, one plays at 1 pm the other team chooses 5 pm because its more convenient. Would make for some exciting football I guess with scores in the thousands because the other team is not there playing, so it would basically be an exercise in who can run back and forth on the field fastest.

Just a ridiculously dumb idea.

Oh and last time I checked you are playing their game, and you are a player for the game, you live by their rules just like my Philadelphia Eagles live by the rules of the NFL.
  • Gawejn wrote: »

Good luck with that.

Lol, really man??

so they change payout time for everyone then everyone can earn #1 rewards every day. Not to mention those are resources wasted coding worthless **** into the game.

It would be like a football game where both sides chose what time they played, one plays at 1 pm the other team chooses 5 pm because its more convenient. Would make for some exciting football I guess with scores in the thousands because the other team is not there playing, so it would basically be an exercise in who can run back and forth on the field fastest.

Oh and last time I checked you are playing their game, and you are a player for the game, you live by their rules just like my Philadelphia Eagles live by the rules of the NFL.

If you download the game while on vacation, in China for example, your payout when you get back home to America would be 4am. It's not unfair to ask for that to be fixable.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Teague wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »

Good luck with that.

Lol, really man??

so they change payout time for everyone then everyone can earn #1 rewards every day. Not to mention those are resources wasted coding worthless **** into the game.

If you download the game while on vacation, in China for example, your payout when you get back home to America would be 4am. It's not unfair to ask for that to be fixable.

No it is fair. If you had the option to choose your payout time based on convenience, then what is to stop everyone from picking from 24 payout times, once you do that then this will happen:

player 1 picks 1pm, player 2 2pm, player 3 3pm, player 4 4pm.

Player 1 fights into 1st place and holds it until 1pm then stops playing after collecting his rewards.

Player 2 fights into 1st place and holds it until 2pm then stops playing after collecting his rewards.

Player 3 fights into 1st place and holds it until 3pm then stops playing after collecting his rewards.

Player 4 fights into 1st place and holds it until 4pm then stops playing after collecting his rewards.

You will end up with 24 different 1st place winners everyday, I know that the modern generation has a problem if everyone isn't a winner, but come on man if you don't see how dumb of an idea this is then you don't have a grasp of reality. Just a tip don't download games when you are over seas, if you do, enjoy the server they put you on or request to be moved to a different server. Don't ask for ridiculous things.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited November 2017

You will end up with 24 different 1st place winners everyday, I know that the modern generation has a problem if everyone isn't a winner, but come on man if you don't see how dumb of an idea this is then you don't have a grasp of reality. Just a tip don't download games when you are over seas, if you are enjoy the server they put you on or request to be moved to a different server. Don't ask for ridiculous things.

But this situation already occurs.
    several players on my leaderboard have an easy time because they have a different payout than the majority.
    (we are mainly EU, some US players get the phatt lootz without opposition)

Post edited by aerendhil on
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Wow, really?

Player 1 sets payout time to 1pm, player 2 2pm, player 3 3pm, player 4 4pm.

Player 1 fights his way to 1st place and hlds it till 1pm then stops playing after payout.

Player 2 fights his way to 1st place and hlds it till 2pm then stops playing after payout.

Player 3 fights his way to 1st place and hlds it till 3pm then stops playing after payout.

Player 4 fights his way to 1st place and hlds it till 4pm then stops playing after payout.

In that scenario 24 people can earn rewards for being #1. Now if you can't see how dumb of an idea that is than you are not living in reality. Question why would you download any game outside of your home country?? Not only would you be paying for the data to download it, but you probably are not using the phone you are using in your home country. If you are overseas in a new country why wouldn't you be enjoying the country your in rather than playing SWGOH?? If this does happen to you then you are likely in the minority of people who play this game.

Spock says, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”

Captain Kirk answers, “Or the one.”
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    aerendhil wrote: »

You will end up with 24 different 1st place winners everyday, I know that the modern generation has a problem if everyone isn't a winner, but come on man if you don't see how dumb of an idea this is then you don't have a grasp of reality. Just a tip don't download games when you are over seas, if you are enjoy the server they put you on or request to be moved to a different server. Don't ask for ridiculous things.

several players on my leaderboard have an easy time because they have a different payout then the majority.

No it doesn't happen, each server has a payout time if you are on x server your payout time will be y, it's not y, z, pi, the speed of light or whatever we feel like.
  • Wow, really?

Player 1 sets payout time to 1pm, player 2 2pm, player 3 3pm, player 4 4pm.

Player 1 fights his way to 1st place and hlds it till 1pm then stops playing after payout.

Player 2 fights his way to 1st place and hlds it till 2pm then stops playing after payout.

Player 3 fights his way to 1st place and hlds it till 3pm then stops playing after payout.

Player 4 fights his way to 1st place and hlds it till 4pm then stops playing after payout.

In that scenario 24 people can earn rewards for being #1. Now if you can't see how dumb of an idea that is than you are not living in reality. Question why would you download any game outside of your home country?? Not only would you be paying for the data to download it, but you probably are not using the phone you are using in your home country. If you are overseas in a new country why wouldn't you be enjoying the country your in rather than playing SWGOH?? If this does happen to you then you are likely in the minority of people who play this game.

Spock says, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”

Captain Kirk answers, “Or the one.”

I downloaded this game while on Vacation in Jamaica. Just so happened to be the same time zone, so it was irrelevant. But I could completely understand the problem if someone downloaded it from a distant time zone. 4am payout would be terrible.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    It shouldn't be a regular thing but if you started playing in one time zone or country and at some point moved to another country which is 9+ hours different than where you started, I don't see it being an issue for a one time change.
    I completely agree with not having a mechanic in place where people can change it on their own, that would cause problems as listed above but if it's a 1-2 per year option where you have to go through customer service (military being deployed overseas and stuff) I have no problem with it
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member

several players on my leaderboard have an easy time because they have a different payout then the majority.

No it doesn't happen, each server has a payout time if you are on x server your payout time will be y, it's not y, z, pi, the speed of light or whatever we feel like.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Isn't different payout times the whole reason people coordinate payout times?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • aerendhil wrote: »

Try talking to people on your shard and you will clearly see that there are different payout times for different players within the same server....
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Varlie wrote: »
    It shouldn't be a regular thing but if you started playing in one time zone or country and at some point moved to another country which is 9+ hours different than where you started, I don't see it being an issue for a one time change.
    I completely agree with not having a mechanic in place where people can change it on their own, that would cause problems as listed above but if it's a 1-2 per year option where you have to go through customer service (military being deployed overseas and stuff) I have no problem with it

Then they should request a server change not a payout time change. Payout time change for a single person or even a handful of people so that it is more convenient would give the people who have a different payout time than the rest of the server a very unfair advantage, as they would have little to no opposition in reaching #1 every day. While everyone else fights for 1st from 5-6, you'd have that one guy that has a payout at midnight so he creeps to rank 1 getting #1 every day, and not because he earned it but because he's a cry baby who couldn't deal with reality.

I served in the Navy too, and I had bigger issues than a payout from a game. But, maybe the reason all these Navy ships are crashing lately is that the new generation of sailors is fighting for # 1 in swgoh, or complaining that the payout time is unfair.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    I had bigger issues than a payout from a game.

Applies to every single complaint here. Should be plastered at the top of every single page here, in fact.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member

Then they should request a server change not a payout time change. Payout time change for a single person or even a handful of people so that it is more convenient would give the people who have a different payout time than the rest of the server a very unfair advantage, as they would have little to no opposition in reaching #1 every day. While everyone else fights for 1st from 5-6, you'd have that one guy that has a payout at midnight so he creeps to rank 1 getting #1 every day, and not because he earned it but because he's a cry baby who couldn't deal with reality.

I served in the Navy too, and I had bigger issues than a payout from a game. But, maybe the reason all these Navy ships are crashing lately is that the new generation of sailors is fighting for # 1 in swgoh, or complaining that the payout time is unfair.

I can see that but that still doesn't help the player who went from a 6PM payout, which I believe is standard based on the timezone that you started playing in, to a 3am payout because you are now in a timezone 9 hours away. The server change would not effect that and all servers should have people in all timezones because the server shard is based on the date you started playing so that you have people roughly around the same levels of progression (not counting the whales).
  • Varlie wrote: »

I can see that but that still doesn't help the player who went from a 6PM payout, which I believe is standard based on the timezone that you started playing in, to a 3am payout because you are now in a timezone 9 hours away. The server change would not effect that and all servers should have people in all timezones because the server shard is based on the date you started playing so that you have people roughly around the same levels of progression (not counting the whales).

Deal with it, it's unfair no matter what the freaking circumstances are to give anyone an advantage because they don't like the payout time. If the payout time in swgoh is that important to you find a job that works for your swgoh schedule. Maybe a 6pm - 2am job?

• fortuitous wrote: »

Try talking to people on your shard and you will clearly see that there are different payout times for different players within the same server....

And how do you do that?? Global chat. come on man get real and do a basic search.
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Astonished at the level of vitriol in this thread for what is a) an eminently reasonable request[0], b) should not be hard for any dev to build.

[0] even if you are on the "but collusion!" train, there are clearly legitimate use cases for wanting to change payout time, such as moving timezones.
  • Chris, the PvP section of this forum is mostly dedicated to people looking for their shardmates so they can coordinate attacks for the different payout times. People on the same server definitely currently have different payout times. If you are in a competitive arena you will intuitively see this by watching people's attacking behavior (each person will use all their battles in a certain hour each day).

Now if you let people choose their payout time, people may indeed be able to get an advantage by picking a less popular payout time (I imagine for time zones over the Atlantc and Pacific there aren't many players fighting for payout). But if everyone can do it (say one time only), it's not really unfair. Beyond the problem of people moving to a different time zone or downloading the game while on vacation, many have complained that their arena payout times overlap with dinner/family time. It might be a pain to code but would be a nice QOL improvement for many.
  • Varlie wrote: »

Deal with it, it's unfair no matter what the freaking circumstances are to give anyone an advantage because they don't like the payout time. If the payout time in swgoh is that important to you find a job that works for your swgoh schedule. Maybe a 6pm - 2am job?

do you always attack total strangers with legitimate curiosities in this fashion or were you just experiencing menstrual discomfort?
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Moving to Feedback: General
  • I don't see a problem with that. If everyone is playing by the same rules, who cares as long as everyone has the ability. Consistency is the only requirement for fairness.
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    edited April 2018

Actually a miracle that Navy ships during your time of service didn't crash regularly. You are as wrong as you are loud and persistent. A dangerous mixture :).

As far as I know your payout time (and all the other ticks) is determined by the time zone of your device at the time you install the game.
    Your arena shard is determined when you reach level... was it 27?... well when arena starts. At that time you simply get stuffed into that shard with other new lvl 27s until the shard is full (20000 players). So it has nothing to do with your payout time. And there will already be plenty of players with diverse payout times. And theoretically you can have 24 rank 1 payouts a day already.
    So yes: Being able to change the PO-Time can lead to ppl in a shard chat to adjust their times to all grab the number 1 in a day. And/But yes it would help ppl. to that have moved or have other, more urgent matters (job, family, etc.) during those 2 hours direktly before arena PO. So the question ist: What is more important?
  • As it is everyone who is aiming for 1stish is 'colluding' to maximize their gain. In my case I would be happy if the payout time was reset to a time when I am not at work. I would pay money to change it. ...and why 6pm?? why not midnight like the bulk of things?

Has there been any thought on an averages and extremes based system not dependent on time?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Hecateus wrote: »
    As it is everyone who is aiming for 1stish is 'colluding' to maximize their gain. In my case I would be happy if the payout time was reset to a time when I am not at work. I would pay money to change it. ...and why 6pm?? why not midnight like the bulk of things?

Has there been any thought on an averages and extremes based system not dependent on time?

No need to pay money. You can just set the time zone you want when you create a new account.
  • This aged well.

Good luck with that.