Do Ships Have 'Potency?'

I'm really bad at ships. This isn't the first time I've said this.

So I took everyone's advice from my last post and am running Mace Windu (Endurance) with 7-Star Biggs, 7-Star Wedge, 6-Star Imperial TIE, and 5-Star Ghost/Phantom (in their place, at times, I've tried 6-Star FO TIE and 7-Star Ahsoka).

The bottom line is that my Target-Lock inducing attacks hardly ever work. Like HARDLY EVER. Especially surprising is the Phantom's attack, which reads: "inflict Target Lock on a target enemy for 2 turns with a XX% chance to also inflict Target Lock on another enemy." Not only do I never inflict it upon that magical 'other enemy,' I've never actually inflicted it upon the TARGETED one - which the wording seems to imply is pretty much a sure thing. Nope!

So instead of building crazy turn meter for the Endurance, all my supposedly Target-Locking ships never inflict Target-Lock and I just die. I've literally never seen more than two Target-Locks on-screen at one time (on the enemy! THEY regularly get multiple Target-Locks on ME! Naturally!) and even that's rare.

So, okay, it feels like I'm just venting here. My actual question is: why do my ships rarely inflict Target-Lock when that's supposedly their special jam? Do ships have "Potency" and is there a way to increase it?? What am I doing wrong? Or am I just on the wrong side of RNG all the time?

Thanks again for helping your ship-backwards id.i.ot colleague,

SamUX

Replies

• Yes, ships have potency. You can see it on the stat page for your individual ships. It comes entirely from the crew and it’s typically not very high, from what I’ve seen.
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong?
    You need to get Vader's ship. He'll solve your problem.
  • BridgeBuilder
    47 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What you're doing wrong is trying to make sense of it. It doesn't. Unless the sides have a huge difference in power the deciding factor, ALWAYS, is luck or lack of thereof. So sacrifice a chicken before every battle and dance naked in the rain. Or throw some money at EA and buy 7* of those new awesome FO ships. You know you want to.

Edit:
    Just now had 5s special having no effect on Biggs - without any Dodge/Resist message - and earlier on had a Biggs return fire without any Retribution on it. Ships arena is a cesspool of bugs and just a tool to get people to do what EA wants. Buy more. GG.
    Post edited by BridgeBuilder on
    "Frustration leads to impatience. Impatience leads to buying crystals. Buying crystals leads to revenue."