Farming pheonix members need some tips

If you had to put top 2 most essential members for phoenix squad and 2 least useful who would they be im trying to farm them and not very clued up on phoenix squad

Replies

• Hera is most important. Everyone else is second most important.
  • Leave Sabine out
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Sabine and Chopper are interchangeable.

Everyone else is vital.
  • And chopper is easier to farm
  • But less damage.

But helps keep characters alive.

I genuinely don't think any one of them is better or worse. Just different.

• fmf
    38 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Top priority: Hera (Phoenix squad doesn't work without her)
    2nd priority: Ezra (he's a legit great toon, even outside the context of PS)

After that, just know you will need Zeb (protection regen) and Kanan (tank / cleanse).

Fifth spot goes to Chopper or Sabine, depending on your taste or preference. If I had to pick only one, I'd take Chopper. Mostly my strategy with PS is to have Ezra go as often as possible (assumes zetas).

* Ezra: Flourish (Ezra gains 75% tm)
    * Hera: Play to Strengths, call Ezra (Ezra gains 50% tm)
    * Ezra: Watch and Learn, call Chopper (Ezra and Chopper gain 40% tm, 20% chance to reset Ezra's cooldowns)
    * Kanan - Total Defense gives Foresight to Ezra, and 50% tm when it expires.
    * Chopper - whenever *anyone* attacks, Chopper has 30% chance to attack, and thus another 20% chance to reset Ezra's cooldowns, and hopefully set him up for an early Flourish or Watch and Learn.
  • But whatever you do, dont use zetas on phoenix unless you are already getting top payout in arena and want some fun
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    My priority:
    1. Hera
    2. Ezra
    3. Kanan
    4. Zeb
    5. Sabine
    6. Chopper
    #teamsabine

Edit: switched Kanan/Zeb priority.
    Post edited by EventineElessedil on
  • #teamsabine

Me too. Her and Ezra- Watch and Learn. Beautiful stuff ;)

• Chopper - If you need his heals, you're probably already in a lot of trouble.

:smiley:

Well said.

• Chopper isn't necessary because of his %15 heal at start of turn for team, he's important because of the 15% Protection Up to team whenever they take damage. That plus he has 1 of 2 Phoenix taunts, 1 of 2 buff wipes, AoE TM reduction, random ally cooldown reduction, and gives random buffs constantly.

If you're gonna work 5 members of Phoenix, you might as well gear the 6th since they have 2 rebels ships for Chimaera. That said, I think Sabine gets left out in TB, but Zeb or chopper in raids. If are only gonna ever gear 5 total, think the choice is between Sabine & Ezra to drop, it hurts too much to lose any of the other uniques. Ezra is overall better, since he's a top tier Jedi as well, and he functions even without his zeta(which doesn't need other Phoenix), while Sabine is goes from 'Meh' to 'amazing' with zeta, but said zeta requires a full Phoenix team.
  • Though I love Sabine and use her in my Phoenix Squad, it's much easier to complete Thrawn's event with Chopper than her.
    Kanan and Zeb are mandatory in your squad for the regen and counter and of course Hera is the only leader in the squad so you cannot do without her.
  • I personally have Hera/Zeb/Ezra/Sabine/Kanaan and am doing very well until I hit a Phoenix team with Chopper instead of Sabine. I cant touch them if they are at a equal or higher level.

I wish I went for Chopper because two taunts are very valuable and Chopper is much easier to farm than Sabine. I have 4/5 members near 7* then Sabine still at mid 5*. I may scrap her and go for Chopper now.
  • I disagree strongly with those saying Sabine is the least valuable. I thought so too at first. Now I'd put her 2nd after Hera.

1) Hera
    2) Sabine - She has the most DPS by far after being zeta'd
    3) Kannan - Benefits from Zeta and requires speed mods
    4) Zeb - He rebuilds your shields
    5) Ezra - 2nd in DPS and has a clear

6) Chopper - If you need his heals, you're probably already in a lot of trouble. The second clear and off tanking is nice, but not primary.

Glad someone else thinks so.
  • I'm a Sabine fan over Chopper fan as well. Seems like a lot of Chopper fans like the damage mitigation he offers but between Sabine being able to stagger and bringing so much more damage to the table that you can just straight up kill them faster, she'll allow you to take less incoming damage in her own way.
  • But less damage.

But helps keep characters alive.

I genuinely don't think any one of them is better or worse. Just different.
    Right. Horses for courses.

But, that said, once you get Chopper assisting on attacks you can really mitigate that damage discrepancy, whereas Sabine can never mitigate the survivability and utility discrepancy. One man's opinion, though!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Short term I would recommend chopper since he makes thrawn and GW easier. For better late game results I would say Sabine because of the burst damage and that zeta.
    Also just for people thinking about putting a zeta on Kanan, the 50% tm gain does not apply to the Phoenix member that gained foresight and had theirs expire.
    Example Kanan gives foresight to Sabine, she gets attacked Kanan gains 100% tm everyone else but Sabine gains 50%tm. Kanan then gets attacked gaining 100%tm and everyone, including Sabine this time, gain 50%.

This really bothers me but I doubt they will fix it.
  • fmf wrote: »
    Top priority: Hera (Phoenix squad doesn't work without her)
    2nd priority: Ezra (he's a legit great toon, even outside the context of PS)

After that, just know you will need Zeb (protection regen) and Kanan (tank / cleanse).

Fifth spot goes to Chopper or Sabine, depending on your taste or preference. If I had to pick only one, I'd take Chopper. Mostly my strategy with PS is to have Ezra go as often as possible (assumes zetas).

* Ezra: Flourish (Ezra gains 75% tm)
    * Hera: Play to Strengths, call Ezra (Ezra gains 50% tm)
    * Ezra: Watch and Learn, call Chopper (Ezra and Chopper gain 40% tm, 20% chance to reset Ezra's cooldowns)
    * Kanan - Total Defense gives Foresight to Ezra, and 50% tm when it expires.
    * Chopper - whenever *anyone* attacks, Chopper has 30% chance to attack, and thus another 20% chance to reset Ezra's cooldowns, and hopefully set him up for an early Flourish or Watch and Learn.

It never occured to me to use watch and learn on chopper. Interesting.

Would u advise to do this even in raids, or would u use watch and learn on Hera to get the Expose?
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Im gonna disagree with everyone here and say Ezra is more important than Hera. Now for a pheonix squad, both are completely necessary, you wont really get anywhere without either, this places ezra at equal footing with Hera.
    However, he can be used in other teams, generic rebels and jedi placing Ezra at the highest priority to gear, star up whatever you may wish got pheonix squad

Also i used watch and learn on hera so that her cooldowns (which include ezra assisting) can be used

Least important is sabine and mostly because pheonix excel in environemnt long term fights, and chopper health regen supports this
  • If u had to choose then gear up sabine..she can be used in a future mando faction :wink:
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Would u advise to do this even in raids, or would u use watch and learn on Hera to get the Expose?
    I use this strategy even in raids (though I drop Kanan usually, in favor of Sabine's DPS). Hera will sometimes get an expose off, but increasing the number of turns Chopper takes will if you're lucky get offense and speed ups on like half the team.

Phoenix has become my go-to squad for P2 AAT.
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Though there is probably an analysis to be done on whether it's not more beneficial in the long run to pick Hera instead because it lets her get off Play to Strengths more often, which you can use to call Ezra (which reduces *Ezra*'s cooldowns, which means he can get off Watch and Learn more often...)
  • Ok.. So who would u use play to strength on? Because of the potency gain, wouldnt u use zeb? The potency gains would only affect a basic that gives debuffs, right?