Question about Platoon Squad and Deployments Update Post

2Next

Replies

• Angelloyd wrote: »
    CG keeps saying they are listening to what people are talking/complaining and then they do this.
    Listening =/= taking action
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    All I know is that when I want to sit down and have some fun with a video game, the first adjective that I hunt for is "deliberate".

I remember back in '98 when metal gear solid came out, I checked the back of the box and the first sentence said, "get ready for deliberate stealth action!" I was sold!!
  • Wow so the developers have totally missed the feedback from the players with this one and moved the goal posts to make it harder. I understand they want people spending but this just seems like a knee **** reaction to people perhaps doing too well too soon in TB?

On a positive note - TW beta is looking promising.
  • It’s just an inventive way of pushing people to spend gear and credits on useless characters, and selling new packs and bundles
  • Why are people still complaining about this kind of things? Just spend the few thousands $$$ as you are supposed to, and wait for the next opportunity to do the same. Because what else could you get in real life with the kind of money they are asking for, anyway? Barely a car, a house and a private jet. Who needs food anyway?
  • The only DELIBERATE action here was EA putting FO ships into platoons so players would buy those packs. I hate it but I'm not surprised, it's EA remember.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Snake2 wrote: »
    All I know is that when I want to sit down and have some fun with a video game, the first adjective that I hunt for is "deliberate".

I remember back in '98 when metal gear solid came out, I checked the back of the box and the first sentence said, "get ready for deliberate stealth action!" I was sold!!
    It's fun to do things deliberately to others.

It's not much fun to have others do things deliberately to you. Especially if you have no opportunities to pay them back in kind.

Better to be the hunter than the hunted.

Maybe if we could design tasks for game devs to perform that are equivalent to "buy a TIE Silencer or else fail this TB platoon," that would actually be deliberate fun. ☺️
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • MDTODDY
    41 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Territory battles are a load of boring old rubbish and this doesn’t improve them in any way. :(
  • ... wait why are people mad?

They just said they'd hand pick the beginning platoons (I assume to mean to ensure new and rare toons aren't in there), but will leave the final few as is (aka random with a few tbd exceptions).

Means low and mid tier guilds don't miss out on early stars and abilities, while elder/ spender guilds are rewarded with late stars (stars low guilds can't achieve anyway)

Honestly. Pick your battles folks. This is literally what we asked for.

... and if my assumption is wrong I'll be mad then. Not now.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    ... wait why are people mad?

They just said they'd hand pick the beginning platoons (I assume to mean to ensure new and rare toons aren't in there), but will leave the final few as is (aka random with a few tbd exceptions).

Means low and mid tier guilds don't miss out on early stars and abilities, while elder/ spender guilds are rewarded with late stars (stars low guilds can't achieve anyway)

So you will be happy that in phase 4-6 that the platoons requirers the latest Marquee toons at 5,6&7* well good for you (and EA) that you want to throw that amount of money at every toon, only to receive lousy rewards in the end
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Boo to corporate
    Sorry to kozi no matter the **** of your post you re going to be taking the brunt of this.

Again boo to corporate - your decisions are the ones making people leave and then your way to make more money will be the reason why those that remain to stay will leave as well.

Edit: Not a bad word but I guess it’s banned- here’s the definition- the choice and use of words and phrases in speech or writing.
    Post edited by Vinny_Vader_Vedi on
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs just looking for clarification on the last sentence of the post. Are characters/ships that weren't in the game at the time of the initial TB going to be included in platoons? If so, at what point in the release cadence will they be introduced into platoon requirements?
  • Maegor wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs just looking for clarification on the last sentence of the post. Are characters/ships that weren't in the game at the time of the initial TB going to be included in platoons? If so, at what point in the release cadence will they be introduced into platoon requirements?

I think we ll find out today in tb first rather than those in the know.
  • Ztyle wrote: »

So you will be happy that in phase 4-6 that the platoons requirers the latest Marquee toons at 5,6&7* well good for you (and EA) that you want to throw that amount of money at every toon, only to receive lousy rewards in the end

But that's not what they said. They said those will be randomized, and will continue to exclude certain (recent) characters.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »

But that's not what they said. They said those will be randomized, and will continue to exclude certain (recent) characters.

They didn't say recent though. The exclusions are, and always have been, CLS, Hoth bros, CHS, and hoth leia.

They didn't say recent though. The exclusions are, and always have been, CLS, Hoth bros, CHS, and hoth leia.

^This. They left enough ambiguity for the possibility to remain that future marquee or other characters COULD show up.
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »

That is what they said. Not "recent" but required characters. So Phoenix will be excluded still from P5 and R1 excluded from platoons in P6 in addition to the Hoth toons. New release toon are absolutely going to be in platoons 4-6.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Yeah hate to break it to you weaver, but your assumptions are way off. The point of that last kozi post was to create confusion, not clarity. Clearly it's working

^This. They left enough ambiguity for the possibility to remain that future marquee or other characters COULD show up.

I'm not about to get outraged because a Kylo Ren Unmasked could show up in my phase 6 platoon. My guild is around 72m gp as is, we only are getting 1 or 2 stars in later territories anyway. I find the scenario where the odd new character appearing in platoons causes a guild to lose a star to be an edge case. Guilds that are 3 starring later TB missions stand a good chance of having some spenders amongst their ranks.

I mean, my guild still isn't capable of filling out every platoon at later phases with the current roster of platoon characters.

I guess I just don't see the circumstance of this causing a guild to lose stars being common. But my (and all of our) experience is anecdotal.
    Maegor wrote: »

Fair enough, my assumption was a bit generous.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah hate to break it to you weaver, but your assumptions are way off. The point of that last kozi post was to create confusion, not clarity. Clearly it's working

His confusion is not based on what the post said . The post is fairly clear, short on the point of what ' available in game' actually means.

We can expect that any toon in game at any star count could be required in platoons at any time in p4-p6. Yes this includes marquee toons that are only available in packs (this is my assumption until we are told otherwise), but could also include DS toons which may lower the number of repeat toons. Again a little more explanation on the exact point above but the rest is clear.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

His confusion is not based on what the post said . The post is fairly clear, short on the point of what ' available in game' actually means.

We can expect that any toon in game at any star count could be required in platoons at any time in p4-p6. Yes this includes marquee toons that are only available in packs (this is my assumption until we are told otherwise), but could also include DS toons which may lower the number of repeat toons. Again a little more explanation on the exact point above but the rest is clear.

You've stated the exact questions that need answering. This is where the confusion exists. Marquee toons? Ds toons? There are now more questions than before the post, which is my point.

There's been a precedent set (intentionally or not) by not having wicket or veterans in platoons. If you add them, ds toons(??), and future marques without specific announcement, It's a problem, imo.

Players can't have a "sense of accomplishment" with moving goalposts on the same tb.

Release a different one if you want to increase the difficulty.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You've stated the exact questions that need answering. This is where the confusion exists. Marquee toons? Ds toons? There are now more questions than before the post, which is my point.

There's been a precedent set (intentionally or not) by not having wicket or veterans in platoons. If you add them, ds toons(??), and future marques without specific announcement, It's a problem, imo.

Players can't have a "sense of accomplishment" with moving goalposts on the same tb.

Yes there are still questions but my point was before they issued a response there were more questions and confusion. I just wanted to point out that there is 1 basic point that still need clarification and this response didn't add to the confusion, it merely left one open ended point to figure out.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member

Yes there are still questions but my point was before they issued a response there were more questions and confusion. I just wanted to point out that there is 1 basic point that still need clarification and this response didn't add to the confusion, it merely left one open ended point to figure out.

TBH, until this post and the new ships showing up in platoons yesterday, I think most had it figured out. That platoons would only include characters/ships that were in the game at the original launch of TB, and that certain toons wouldn't show up. That's why we haven't seen the vets + map-wide toons + plus wicket.

Any way you can pass a message up the ladder and ask for a clarification sooner rather than later on what we can expect moving forward?
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member

Agree to disagree then. Before this tb I knew what my guild needed to farm to reach our goal of 6/6 all platoons for the rebel hoth tb.

After this tb but before the post I wondered if the new ships were supposed to be there.

After the post, I (sort of) know the ships are supposed to be there, and now I have absolutely no clue what to expect from future platoons in the rebel hoth tb.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Muaddib wrote: »
    The intention is for us to have a more deliberate experience with platoons. You want us to intentionally fill platoons? Or are we to do it consciously? I intentionally fill platoons already. With intent even. I honestly don't understand what you mean by this. . . .

. . . I'm starting to understand why this last Marquee event gave 1 fewer star.

Ohhhh.

Wait, I think I get it now: they want to deliberately curate a platoon in such a way so that we'll have to deliberately buy packs in order to fill them.