Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• Notorious wrote: »
    wawrzon wrote: »
    Notorious wrote: »

I too want to see how the other stores are adjusted.

Currently I have three accounts primed and ready to go: Baze, Rex, and Lando. I have the Google Play promotion for 7* Rey. I might just hold off on popping one of these accounts until the last minute. I believe the last day to use the promo is January 31st.

How would you proceed if you were in my position?

I wouldn't wait that long. We will get a bonus starting tomorrow - for TLJ release and probably smth for xmas or new year. That's a bit to miss on going forward, especially if we'll get double drops. Take into account that game mightchange a bit with new units released in the future. So there won't be any "great" time to join the game, you will always have to adjust.
    Overall I would start after today's update.
    When it comes to units I would still probably go with Baze. He is just that good. Even though you will start with Phoenix, he can still be slotted in until you get Zeb and he will do a great job. Even later on he can be slotted for specific matchups, like Maul, NS or Chaze counterparts.
    Even with 3-4* stars, but high gear, he can be viable till 85lvl (I saw myself how it works). Rex and Lando can be farmed from multiple stores or nodes, so you can catch up on them. A team of Ackbar, Ezra, Leia, Baze and (Chirrut/Biggs) seems like a nice transition. You wouldn't need to invest so heavily into STH with Baze around.
    And who knos, maybe his shards will be available soon in some store.
    Either way, you can't go wrong with any of these starting characters. I would suggest starting soon, since we will get some good bonuses next 2-3 weeks. ON a side note - we will probably be getting R2 event at start of february and Thrawn afterwards, so you might make it in time to get both to at least 5* which would increase your arena potential greatly. These events occur every 3-4 months, so you will be missing out on them if you start late.

Ok thanks. That all sounds like a solid plan. I was holding out because I figured that since I was starting late my shard mates would also be starting late. But the whales would get a bigger jump on me with these events coming up since they would be able to do them at short notice while I would have to wait for the next go in a few months time.

To be frank, you will always have a disadvantage againt dolphins and whales, that's how this system works and why you can play for free. From experience, you will be frustrated playing against them either way, so there's no sense to wait. If you're really unlucky, you can start over in 3-4 weeks like you intended too, but with much more experience under your belt ;)
  • Quick questions:

1) What about Sabine Wren? She is not mentioned anywhere in the guide.

I have heard in multiple places that Chopper is pretty useless outside of Phoenix, and Chopper is also ranked lower according to: this ranking table put together by multiple SWGOH YouTubers.

Am I right assuming individually she may be stronger than Chopper/others, but she is the weakest link when in the Phoenix team setting? (or is she interchangeable with any of the others? who?)
    2) I have a few things not accounted for in the guide that may be reason for be calling for a change and optimization in strategy. So I am looking for a some tailored guidance that may differ from this guide given my situation.

Check my: https://swgoh.gg/u/abysuno/

Quick Overview:
    -I followed this guide perfectly (other than a few slip ups early on, out of habit I did a few ls/ds battles and a couple daily's before lvl 28).
    -Got in shard at rank ~290 a few days ago, easily reached #1, with only 1 real competitor (I see you Moon Light Saber). Now there are more and it is quickly getting harder.

Note, I Have:
    -4* Kylo Ren (masked - free promo everyone gets)
    -3* Baze (first Chromium)
    -7* Rey (Scavenger) along with a few crystals - (Google Play promo)
    - ~1300 Crystals, remaining from Rey Promo+Arena Rewards (typically used on the first tier 50 regular and 100 cantina refreshes)
    My problems
    -Arena - Keeping top position is getting more difficult.
    -Galactic War - I am getting nowhere - Afraid to fall further behind, already behind w/ no Zeb. (My old account I had no issues, Kylo, RG, JC, Boba, Ezra - However those were my main toons and getting these now would take me off track from this guide).

QUESTIONS
    a. What should by my current Arena+GW Lineup + Strategy? (at least until I get Zeb and Phoenix juiced up)
    b. Changes to character farming schedule? Who to prioritize or completely skip? (Guild Store, guide says focus on Rey/Luke.. I already have Rey, do I go for Luke now, or skip to Rex>Sun Fac>Maul, or ?? - Store always changes, so who should I pass on/always buy?)
    c. Any changes to farming schedule due to update on new Rey?
    d. How should I spend crystals to stay ahead of the race and maintain a top position in arena? (should I overspend to race to any specific character, gear, or level ((like 50 to unlock mods)) etc?)

+Any other advice you may have for me!

----

This is my first post, so I want to start out by giving a YUUUUGE thanks to RAW for the original, wawrzon for the update and everyone else helping out!
  • nxv
    49 posts Member
    The problem with Sabine is that she is a long farm for little added value.

I wouldn't count on Baze either, as the only place you'll be seeing him is a hard node in Light T9 or for crystals in the main store (not worth it).

It's kinda difficult to answer since you're low level and 7* Rey is helping you out, but some solid toons that help solidify your offense and defense early on are Barriss and Boba Fett. Barriss is a massive healer / debuff and Boba an AOE blocker / massive damage dealer.

Phoenix needs to be a little higher and complete to be viable but can easily be beaten. So I'd probably go for Rey / Ezra / Kylo / BF / Barriss in arena for now. No synergy per se but some solid characters focused on DPS

Later on, you'll want to work towards R2 and Thrawn 5*
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Theabyss wrote: »
    Quick questions:

I have heard in multiple places that Chopper is pretty useless outside of Phoenix, and Chopper is also ranked lower according to: this ranking table put together by multiple SWGOH YouTubers.

Am I right assuming individually she may be stronger than Chopper/others, but she is the weakest link when in the Phoenix team setting? (or is she interchangeable with any of the others? who?)
    2) I have a few things not accounted for in the guide that may be reason for be calling for a change and optimization in strategy. So I am looking for a some tailored guidance that may differ from this guide given my situation.

Quick Overview:
    -I followed this guide perfectly (other than a few slip ups early on, out of habit I did a few ls/ds battles and a couple daily's before lvl 28).
    -Got in shard at rank ~290 a few days ago, easily reached #1, with only 1 real competitor (I see you Moon Light Saber). Now there are more and it is quickly getting harder.

Note, I Have:
    - ~1300 Crystals, remaining from Rey Promo+Arena Rewards (typically used on the first tier 50 regular and 100 cantina refreshes)
    My problems
    -Galactic War - I am getting nowhere - Afraid to fall further behind, already behind w/ no Zeb. (My old account I had no issues, Kylo, RG, JC, Boba, Ezra - However those were my main toons and getting these now would take me off track from this guide).

QUESTIONS
    a. What should by my current Arena+GW Lineup + Strategy? (at least until I get Zeb and Phoenix juiced up)
    b. Changes to character farming schedule? Who to prioritize or completely skip? (Guild Store, guide says focus on Rey/Luke.. I already have Rey, do I go for Luke now, or skip to Rex>Sun Fac>Maul, or ?? - Store always changes, so who should I pass on/always buy?)
    d. How should I spend crystals to stay ahead of the race and maintain a top position in arena? (should I overspend to race to any specific character, gear, or level ((like 50 to unlock mods)) etc?)

----

This is my first post, so I want to start out by giving a YUUUUGE thanks to RAW for the original, wawrzon for the update and everyone else helping out!

1. Sabine can't be farmed easily early on. Her main focus is to give juice to phoenix squad, so they can be competitive in arena at end game. She was recently removed from guild store, so she is excluded from guide. Any Phoenix member (apart from Ezra) is pretty useless outside of this party. Chopper is a must, because of his great kit. Sabine is a better choice for end game relevance, but that's not the case with phoenix in this guide.
    2. a) Arena will be competitive all the time - AI is awful on defense, so any good offensive team will beat you. Even after a year of playing I still drop to #20 or lower during the day - you just got to get used to it. Best solution for that is to find other ppl from shard, start a discord/line server and propose a non agression pact. The absolutely worst scenario is when you got active ppl at your payout - I share mine with 6 other peaple and it's really dreadful. Where others have max 1 person they share it. This can't be helped.
    Best lineup atm would probably be Sabine, Ezra, Chopper, Baze and Rey. Has enough dispellers, taunters and dps to deal with any opponent. You can sub in Kylo for Baze or Chopper, depending on matchup.
    GW - early GW is all about healing and survivability, so JC, Talia and RG can be quite useful, There are a lot of guides how to complete GW daily, so I won't get into detail. Just use multiple toons to get their TM ready.
    b) You don't have to spend currency - you can simply hoard it for now. You will have to get Luke eventually, so getting him now isn't a bad idea. His legendary event is just around the corner, so you won't need Farmboy Luke until March. You will have to farm Maul and Sun Fac either way, but idk if they're available at your lvl - Rex definitelly isn't until 60lvl. Fully crafted gear is a great idea as it saves up a lot of energy. Saving up currency is a good option imo. Check guide again - I updated it recently.
    c) No. Veteran smugglers are awfully hard to farm, so nobody from young shards will get her for a long time.
    d) Sad truth is that you won't outpace whales, so I wouldn't overinvest. Refreshing energy regularly will give you the biggest advantage you can get. It's not a sprint, but a marathon. Getting Baze to 4* (shipments) after phoenixes become less reliable will help you greatly - if you plan on using him in your team. Your biggest investment will be getting "ok" mods on your arena team after 50lvl, as well as farming them once you can 3* health mod challenge. It won't happen until 62-65lvl, but those 4-5* mods will give you a huge boost and advantage in arena.
    Best advice would be to stay patient and focused. There will be times in arena where you'll get frustrated by bad rng or others stomping on you, but it's only temporary. This game (like any ft2 games) is about consistency. You will get your train going once you join a fleet arena. Getting high ranks in both will generate enough daily crystals gain to go forward full throttle.
    To finish my reply - you need to get used to phoenix units first. They're not a dps/auto team most ould love to use. You actually need to think and make decisions while using them. They can beat anybody at this stage of the game.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Hi @Theabyss

Just one thing you may not have realised. Zeb and his unique is essential to make phoenix work in galactic war. You don't have him yet but when you do you will realise I am right. Once you get Zeb you will find galactic war easy. Why? At the start of every battle he gets (and with hera lead all phoenix members get protection) this can take damage and it will be completely fresh next battle. You might find one or two galactic wars tough but once you get Zeb you will sail through.

Sabine used to be Guild store, guild events store and one hard node. Now she is just one hard node. So it's no longer a choice of which phoenix squad is the best but rather a choice of which phoenix squad is easier to get. That said I would do her hard node dailly. Why? If you get unlucky in galactic war and lose someone a two star Sabine will fit better with your phoenix squad than a seven star Rey.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Hi @Theabyss

Just one thing you may not have realised. Zeb and his unique is essential to make phoenix work in galactic war. You don't have him yet but when you do you will realise I am right. Once you get Zeb you will find galactic war easy. Why? At the start of every battle he gets (and with hera lead all phoenix members get protection) this can take damage and it will be completely fresh next battle. You might find one or two galactic wars tough but once you get Zeb you will sail through.

Sabine used to be Guild store, guild events store and one hard node. Now she is just one hard node. So it's no longer a choice of which phoenix squad is the best but rather a choice of which phoenix squad is easier to get. That said I would do her hard node dailly. Why? If you get unlucky in galactic war and lose someone a two star Sabine will fit better with your phoenix squad than a seven star Rey.

7* Rey > 2* Sabine. I love Sabine but I'd much rather stick Rey in there at 7* than Sabine at 2*. Even with bonus protection and other unique bonuses I honestly don't think it's even close to being at Rey's level at 7*. Just my opinion though
  • I think you should keep in mind that this game is built around synergy: the more synergy your team has (or parts of it, i.e. "Chaze"), the better you will perform.

As such, even though I am no fan of Phoenix myself, you will find your team so much stronger with a full Phoenix Squad, even though individually for sure Rey and Kylo are stronger than Zeb and Kanaan.

So first priority, I would say, is get Zeb and Kanaan in your team, and then keep the Phoenix 5 max geared for your level. Then just star them all the way to 7. Bu the time you got there, you should have a much better view of where to go to.
  • 7* Rey > 2* Sabine. I love Sabine but I'd much rather stick Rey in there at 7* than Sabine at 2*. Even with bonus protection and other unique bonuses I honestly don't think it's even close to being at Rey's level at 7*. Just my opinion though

Maybe you are right. It's just my opinion but the rest of phoenix will get boosts from Sabine being active and Sabine will get boosts from the rest of phoenix being active.

I still think a weak Sabine is as good at fitting into phoenix squad for galactic war as any strong character.
  • wawrzon wrote:

- Cantina nodes: Hera Syndulla (to 4*), Ezra Bridger (7*), Hera (at least 5*), Lando Calrissian (at least 5*)/TIE Fighter Pilot (at least 5*)/3-5* health mods

So I have watched the mod videos and figured them out but not sure about how much to invest in them. What dot levels should I put on my phoenix squad and how much to upgrade them?

Currently I have all one and some two dot mods but they are all the ones suggested on this sight for the phoenix team:
    crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

I have them leveled to 15 to get the double bonus.

So how much should I invest in higher dot mods for the phoenix team and which ones/levels. Your guild says to go for only health mods but those aren't advised from the above website.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    My opinion. Don't upgrade 1 dot mods at all. I did and it was a waste of credits.

Get your mods from tier 3 mod challenges not mod battles. This will drop 5 dot mods.

Health mods are the only mods you can get 5 dot mods easily early. 5 dot mods is much more important than mod type.

The only tier 3 mod challenge you can do is the health mod one (defence needs 5 five star Jedi, critical chance need a 5 five star jawa etc) so only do that for now. It's much better to get a 5 dot mod than a 1 dot mod.

So if 5 dot mods are the only one that matter how much do you want spend chasing them them?

For me after a credit heist I spend a few hundred cantina energy on mod challenges then pick one or two good mods to upgrade.

Just to sum up health mods are the worst type of mods but they are the only mods you can get at 5 dot early on and dot level is more important than mod type.
  • Azeotrope wrote: »
    wawrzon wrote:

- Cantina nodes: Hera Syndulla (to 4*), Ezra Bridger (7*), Hera (at least 5*), Lando Calrissian (at least 5*)/TIE Fighter Pilot (at least 5*)/3-5* health mods

So I have watched the mod videos and figured them out but not sure about how much to invest in them. What dot levels should I put on my phoenix squad and how much to upgrade them?

Currently I have all one and some two dot mods but they are all the ones suggested on this sight for the phoenix team:
    crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

I have them leveled to 15 to get the double bonus.

So how much should I invest in higher dot mods for the phoenix team and which ones/levels. Your guild says to go for only health mods but those aren't advised from the above website.

Essentially what @Naraic said.
    Maybe I wasn't too clear on it, so I will specify it here. Essentially you should get 5* mods asap on your arena team - they will buff your power immensely. It doesn't matter what mods you equip early on, as long as you get a good stat boost. King of mods is speed stat.
    Modding a unit from suggested sites should be considered end-game recommendation. Don't be bothered by it. Go with what has best stats atm. Remember that once you get a good mod, it can be easily swapped when you change your arena team, so don't be afraid of investing in great mods.
  • wawrzon wrote: »

You aren’t limited to any capital ship in this guide. Core team of Biggs, TFP, FOTP, JC, Ahsoka, Ghost can thrive under any lead. For Mace lead you should farm Rex’s ship as well and prioritize Fives. Pls refer to this guide for more info on ships - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/79552/mostly-inclusive-guide-to-ships/p1

So I will be unlocking fleet today. I will have all these characters unlocked, Biggs, TFP, FOTP, JC, Ahsoka, Ghost. How much should I invest in upgrading the characters for fleet? Should I level them to max and gear as high as I can and upgrade all abilities if possible?

Since I am doing phoenix squad, my characters for Ghost are already leveled. If I am transitioning eventually to option #1 arena team then Biggs would be good to invest in. But what about the other pilots? Also, who should my leader be, Akbar or Tarkin? Seems Tarkin would be used later for ability material challenges.

I do have a profile on swgoh.gg under azeotrope

FYI, the link above in the quote doesn't go to anything.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I hope you don't mind me chiming in as well all the time.

Here is what he meant to link to I presume.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80289/mostly-objective-ship-by-ship-analysis#latest

Obviously the more you upgrade your pilots the better your ships will be. You should level them as much as possible and upgrade their gear an abilities as much as possible. It's best to

For me I'm level 64 and top 10 of my arena shard.

Ghost is definitely my mvp ship and it's the only one with 7 star characters heavily geared and with good abilities.

TFP and FOTP have great ships. I would invest more in gear for tfp because he can be in your empire team for R2D2. FOTP will be needed for bb8 at some stage. Vader similarly I'm buying his ship when I can eventually I will unlock it but he will be geared for R2D2. Im buying Boba's ship too as I will use boba for credit heists. Basically it helps if you can justify using the pilots elsewhere. Ahsoka and Jedi Consular will probably be in my team for Yoda and Biggs and Wege will be in my arena team.

So there is a core group of nine pilots that I'm going to gear for some other reason eventually. There are a few better pilots but I'm focusing on the ones that have other uses.

Maul is a better pilot with a better ship but I don't have a reason to focus on him so I wont as much.

Also throw the best mods you can spare on your fleet arena team. The 1 dot level 15 mods you levelled up by mistake will do fine for a while.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I hope you don't mind me chiming in as well all the time.

Here is what he meant to link to I presume.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80289/mostly-objective-ship-by-ship-analysis#latest

Obviously the more you upgrade your pilots the better your ships will be. You should level them as much as possible and upgrade their gear an abilities as much as possible.

For me I'm level 64 and top 10 of my arena shard. Ghost is definitely my mvp ship and it's the only one with 7 star characters heavily geared and with good abilities.

TFP and FOTP have great ships. I would invest more in gear for tfp because he can be in your empire team for R2D2. Vader similarly I'm buying his ship when I can eventually I will unlock it but he will be geared for R2D2. Basically it helps if you can justify using the ships elsewhere because you are already going to gear them eventually.

You aren’t limited to any capital ship in this guide. Core team of Biggs, TFP, FOTP, JC, Ahsoka, Ghost can thrive under any lead. For Mace lead you should farm Rex’s ship as well and prioritize Fives. Pls refer to this guide for more info on ships - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/79552/mostly-inclusive-guide-to-ships/p1

So I will be unlocking fleet today. I will have all these characters unlocked, Biggs, TFP, FOTP, JC, Ahsoka, Ghost. How much should I invest in upgrading the characters for fleet? Should I level them to max and gear as high as I can and upgrade all abilities if possible?

Since I am doing phoenix squad, my characters for Ghost are already leveled. If I am transitioning eventually to option #1 arena team then Biggs would be good to invest in. But what about the other pilots? Also, who should my leader be, Akbar or Tarkin? Seems Tarkin would be used later for ability material challenges.

I do have a profile on swgoh.gg under azeotrope

FYI, the link above in the quote doesn't go to anything.

1. In the end - most ships will be needed, for various events or Territory Battles. So it's more about the order in which you get them, rather then "if" you should get them. You should invest as much as is needed to be in top10 or higher, hard to tell exactly.
    2. Because of being ftp and a high LS focus in arena, best choice is Ackbar. For all fleet challenges you need strong pilots, not capital ships, only star lvl matters. I've done my zeta challenge with 53lvl Tarkin ship. From those pilots that you mentioned only Ahsoka and JC don't need to be highly invested in, because you won't use them in end game arena.
    Bottom line - new game modes themy added recently incourage you to gear and lvl up as many toons as you can. So you have a green light to invest as much as you can in main teams for both arenas.
    2. Because of being ftp and a high LS focus in arena, best choice is Ackbar. For all fleet challenges you need strong pilots, not capital ships, only star lvl matters. I've done my zeta challenge with 53lvl Tarkin ship. From those pilots that you mentioned only Ahsoka and JC don't need to be highly invested in, because you won't use them in end game arena.

I really appreciate your advise and Naraic!!

So if I am going to invest in Ackbar and I have Chirrut as a chromium pull. Would it be better for me to transition from the phoenix team into option number 2?

Just trying to figure out what I will transition to so I don't invest in a team I won't use or decide to change later.

So if I am going to invest in Ackbar and I have Chirrut as a chromium pull. Would it be better for me to transition from the phoenix team into option number 2?

Just trying to figure out what I will transition to so I don't invest in a team I won't use or decide to change later.

Probably, but not necessarily. All depends on your opponents and mods you will get. If you don't have enough high speed mods then Rex is a better option. Usually you should take best toons for arena team. What I wrote in guide are "frames" of teams you could transition into. You have to tweak them depending on matchups. Any team with Leia relies heavily on crits, so Rex is natural born. At this stage it's hard to say what will work best since mods are what will win you matches in the end.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    ì

By option 2 do you mean

Ackbar (L), STH, Ezra, Leia, Chirrut

If so I have one major problem. You are using 3 people from the squad arena store. You won't be able to transition for ages probably 3 months farming squad arena to get all three to 7 star. Probably more as you may fall down the rankings before that. I'd reccomend going for a squad that you can get without relying on one shop for 3 members.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    By option 2 do you mean

Ackbar (L), STH, Ezra, Leia, Chirrut

If so I have one major problem. You are using 3 people from the squad arena store. You won't be able to transition for ages probably 3 months farming squad arena to get all three to 7 star. Probably more as you may fall down the rankings before that. I'd reccomend going for a squad that you can get without relying on one shop for 3 members.

Very good point. Looks like i will go for this transition:

Rex (L) - Guild store (but haven't got Luke and Rey to 5* yet)
    STH - Squad arena store
    Boba - Cantina store, Hard nodes
    Wedge (Ezra) - level 69 cantina nodes
    Biggs - GW store, Hard nodes

This looks much more doable :) Now I just need to figure out how strong to make my phoenix team and when to transition.
  • Greetings, im looking at rerolling and following this post is a good first chromium pull worth it to keep trying to get?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    This looks much more doable :) Now I just need to figure out how strong to make my phoenix team and when to transition.

How much of a priority is events to you? I started a little earlier than you and am planning on having 7 star viiii/ix Phoenix ready for Palpatine (probably second week january) and thrawn (Mid Febuary) before transition.
  • Greetings, im looking at rerolling and following this post is a good first chromium pull worth it to keep trying to get?

It depends on if you want to min max. A good pull in 80 shards of a 4 star which means you can hit the ground running so much easier.

Let's say you pull lando and you want to go phoenix. That means you don't have to divert at any stage to get lando to cover your credit heists. Or if you aren't going phoenix having a 4 star that fits in with what you are farming is a massive head start.
  • Thank hou naric ill keep trying so far lots of 2*
  • @wawrzon why do you suggest using ackbar as main fleet commander?
    and just out of curiosity: would it be a good choice to use mace instead, along with galactic republic ships (rex, fives, jc, ahsoka, plo koon, clone sarge)? it might have less damage output but there should be high synergies. additionally, all those taunts could protect attackers like poe. would this be an alternative?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @wawrzon why do you suggest using ackbar as main fleet commander?
    and just out of curiosity: would it be a good choice to use mace instead, along with galactic republic ships (rex, fives, jc, ahsoka, plo koon, clone sarge)? it might have less damage output but there should be high synergies. additionally, all those taunts could protect attackers like poe. would this be an alternative?

I believe that he is going for a minimal investment team for fleet.

Ackbar is one his choices for arena. Also the leadership ability for Ackbar is doubled for rebels and involves gaining protection and crit damage if you attack out of turn.

If you have goat's special (calls assist and two assists from any buffed rebels) and Biggs (taunt counts as an assist) together with Biggs gaining assist when your team target locks. Wedge and/or phantom (If you farm Sabine in hard nodes) can further synergises with these two and Ackbar.

Only one of your team is on his arena options so you need a full new team. For a free to player player you need to minimise the number of people you farm so when someone can do double duty you take it.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @wawrzon why do you suggest using ackbar as main fleet commander?

As I mentioned at start - this is an adaptive guide focused on maximizing gains to be able to compete with paying players. Ackbar is mentioned as the best fleet commander, because he will be used by you in different facets of the game all the time (TB, TW). Even in end game arena, he is still present. Currently he is the leader of best HAAT raid team, that scores above 35m+ in tank. So investing gear in him is not a waste. However in terms of ranking best fleet commanders, Ackbar should be considered worst of all 4 currently in the game. That being said - I still run him at end-game arena and am able to get #1 daily.

Your main pilots early on are either rebels or synergize well with rebels (target lock fleet), so gearing them will boost your power in both arenas. JC's ship, Ghost or Biggs ship synergize well with Ackbar's protection up as they call many assists.

Mace is a better fleet admiral than Ackbar, especially in mid and end game. To make him good you need to gear him, Ahsoka, CS and Fives - those are 3 characters that have no use outside of fleet arena or mod challenge. Rex is a great unit to farm, but his ship is a rare drop in store and will be hard to get. Plo Koon is even worse to farm than any of those mentioned above.
    With all that being said - Windu can be a great choice if you change pilot composition a bit. He actually is better than Ackbar when running a TL fleet with Vader, FOTP, TFP, Biggs and Fives.

One last thing to mention - you need Ackbar's Home One at 7* to unlock currently best capital ship - Thrawn's Chimaera.
    Post edited by wawrzon on
    Quick questions:

Quick Overview:

Note, I Have:
    My problems

QUESTIONS

----

1. Sabine can't be farmed easily early on. Her main focus is to give juice to phoenix squad, so they can be competitive in arena at end game. She was recently removed from guild store, so she is excluded from guide. Any Phoenix member (apart from Ezra) is pretty useless outside of this party. Chopper is a must, because of his great kit. Sabine is a better choice for end game relevance, but that's not the case with phoenix in this guide.
    2. a) Arena will be competitive all the time - AI is awful on defense, so any good offensive team will beat you. Even after a year of playing I still drop to #20 or lower during the day - you just got to get used to it. Best solution for that is to find other ppl from shard, start a discord/line server and propose a non agression pact. The absolutely worst scenario is when you got active ppl at your payout - I share mine with 6 other peaple and it's really dreadful. Where others have max 1 person they share it. This can't be helped.
    Best lineup atm would probably be Sabine, Ezra, Chopper, Baze and Rey. Has enough dispellers, taunters and dps to deal with any opponent. You can sub in Kylo for Baze or Chopper, depending on matchup.
    GW - early GW is all about healing and survivability, so JC, Talia and RG can be quite useful, There are a lot of guides how to complete GW daily, so I won't get into detail. Just use multiple toons to get their TM ready.
    b) You don't have to spend currency - you can simply hoard it for now. You will have to get Luke eventually, so getting him now isn't a bad idea. His legendary event is just around the corner, so you won't need Farmboy Luke until March. You will have to farm Maul and Sun Fac either way, but idk if they're available at your lvl - Rex definitelly isn't until 60lvl. Fully crafted gear is a great idea as it saves up a lot of energy. Saving up currency is a good option imo. Check guide again - I updated it recently.
    c) No. Veteran smugglers are awfully hard to farm, so nobody from young shards will get her for a long time.
    d) Sad truth is that you won't outpace whales, so I wouldn't overinvest. Refreshing energy regularly will give you the biggest advantage you can get. It's not a sprint, but a marathon. Getting Baze to 4* (shipments) after phoenixes become less reliable will help you greatly - if you plan on using him in your team. Your biggest investment will be getting "ok" mods on your arena team after 50lvl, as well as farming them once you can 3* health mod challenge. It won't happen until 62-65lvl, but those 4-5* mods will give you a huge boost and advantage in arena.
    Best advice would be to stay patient and focused. There will be times in arena where you'll get frustrated by bad rng or others stomping on you, but it's only temporary. This game (like any ft2 games) is about consistency. You will get your train going once you join a fleet arena. Getting high ranks in both will generate enough daily crystals gain to go forward full throttle.
    To finish my reply - you need to get used to phoenix units first. They're not a dps/auto team most ould love to use. You actually need to think and make decisions while using them. They can beat anybody at this stage of the game.

You're awesome! Thanks for the quick and super detailed reply!

I'm now lvl 53, have my Ezra 7*, working on the others and just getting to gear 7 which the added protection will make a huge difference. Plus ever since I got my Zeb GW have always been 100% completed!

I have looked at your guide, all special character event requirements, and all the current meta according to swgoh.gg to come up with what I think is the most efficient path to end game domination.

Still have a few questions:

1) Yoda is good, but not a Meta character like others, so I put his requirements at a lower priority. That being said, he needs 5 Jedi's, your guide+Jedi's I will gather from events adds up to 9 Jedi's, which definitely is excessive.

Ezra and Kanan are a given for the first 2, but what is the reasoning behind Ahsoka, Mace Windu, and JC? None of them are Meta worthy, or have any other uses that cannot be filled by someone better suited from what I see.

I have not gotten there yet, but I believe JC is there for use of his ship. So that is an understandable 3rd. But if Ahsoka and Mace are strictly for Yoda because of the Jedi tag, wouldn't it be a better option to get Old Ben (who is needed for other events, and is now Meta w/ Rey JT) as a 4th, and then either work on Barris Offee (who also has Meta viability) as a 5th or assume you will be close to having GK by then as a 5th?

Please let me know if I am missing any reasoning for not skipping Ahsoka and Mace. But this seems to be the most efficient path for toons that are required for other events and/or Meta worthy.

2) Rey (Jedi Training) is one of the biggest meta toons in the game and the next biggest Meta Leader aside from CLS. So I place her obviously as one of the highest priorities. You do not schedule out the requirements for her event. You breifly mention Finn briefly as being "worth farming" later in the game, but not sure if this was prior to the new Rey. Where would you schedule farming Finn at now?

In your response you said that the Vets are a late game, and hard, slow farm. However knowing they are reqs for one of the biggest toons in the game, where would you schedule farming the vets now?

Given question 1 & 2 where would schedule Old Ben?

3) BB8 - A meta toon + req for another meta toon so this is high up on my priority list. I seen you said to get your Kylo after wedge is 7* in a response but in the guide I don't believe you scheduled a time to get Phasma or FOO?

4) R2D2 5 empires - Isn't Vader an extremely slow farm? If you will be using Ackbar for fleet, does Tarkin have
    a use outside of the R2 event?

If not, is Tarkin interchangeable? If so could you skip him and get somebody like Colonel Starck you mentioned is needed later on in Territory, or somebody who has even a slight bit more Meta viability like Death Trooper, Shoretrooper or Krennic?

If he is needed I am assuming it is simply because he is required in fleet, and/or is simply the fastest farm?

5) Resistance for Speed Mods - is the best option to be able to skip over Trooper + Poe and wait to use toons I'll already be getting - Scav Rey (got from Play promo), R2, BB8, Rey JT, Finn?

Thanks again!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Not the op but I hope you don't mind my opinions

1 Ahsoka has a ship too (It's the only one that can dispel buffs) and the op seems to reccomending all fleet leaders rather just one as you use them in different challenges. I'd personally bet on Old Ben or General Kenobi being my fifth.

2 Rey needs 10 characters (resistance and first order, one is free from events) two you need to be level 82 to begin farming. CLS is believe it or not much more accessible. You basically need about 3 months dedicated farming for the vets alone so Finn for Rey isn't a priority.

3 Kylo is another cantina farm, if you put him after the immediate requirements for meta and cls (Ezra, hera, lando, wedge a little help on tfp)

You will have plenty of time to pick up plasma and foo basically once you start farming the vets start buying those two in their store. We have had 3 heroes journeys and so far 100% of the time the relevant droid has been just before the event. What's more there will probably be better first order characters added between now and when you need to worry about a first order team.

4 tarkin is a must for fleet. You will need a dark side capital ship and five dark side ships (at least) for the zeta challenge which comes around in the late 70s and is essential. Also I believe tarkin is in platoons for territory battles too. Also if you have zeta Vader on raids empire characters with aoe are great.

Vader is a slow farm but he is one of the main men in the fleet meta so you will be doing it anyway. Buy him every time you see him in fleet store. There will probably be two more r2d2 events before the next Luke heroes journey so you have some time.

5 do you really want to leave it til at least 3 months past level 85 for speed mods?
    Post edited by Naraic on
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You're awesome! Thanks for the quick and super detailed reply!

I'm now lvl 53, have my Ezra 7*, working on the others and just getting to gear 7 which the added protection will make a huge difference. Plus ever since I got my Zeb GW have always been 100% completed!

I have looked at your guide, all special character event requirements, and all the current meta according to swgoh.gg to come up with what I think is the most efficient path to end game domination.

Still have a few questions:

1) Yoda is good, but not a Meta character like others, so I put his requirements at a lower priority. That being said, he needs 5 Jedi's, your guide+Jedi's I will gather from events adds up to 9 Jedi's, which definitely is excessive.

Ezra and Kanan are a given for the first 2, but what is the reasoning behind Ahsoka, Mace Windu, and JC? None of them are Meta worthy, or have any other uses that cannot be filled by someone better suited from what I see.

I have not gotten there yet, but I believe JC is there for use of his ship. So that is an understandable 3rd. But if Ahsoka and Mace are strictly for Yoda because of the Jedi tag, wouldn't it be a better option to get Old Ben (who is needed for other events, and is now Meta w/ Rey JT) as a 4th, and then either work on Barris Offee (who also has Meta viability) as a 5th or assume you will be close to having GK by then as a 5th?

Please let me know if I am missing any reasoning for not skipping Ahsoka and Mace. But this seems to be the most efficient path for toons that are required for other events and/or Meta worthy.

2) Rey (Jedi Training) is one of the biggest meta toons in the game and the next biggest Meta Leader aside from CLS. So I place her obviously as one of the highest priorities. You do not schedule out the requirements for her event. You breifly mention Finn briefly as being "worth farming" later in the game, but not sure if this was prior to the new Rey. Where would you schedule farming Finn at now?

In your response you said that the Vets are a late game, and hard, slow farm. However knowing they are reqs for one of the biggest toons in the game, where would you schedule farming the vets now?

Given question 1 & 2 where would schedule Old Ben?

3) BB8 - A meta toon + req for another meta toon so this is high up on my priority list. I seen you said to get your Kylo after wedge is 7* in a response but in the guide I don't believe you scheduled a time to get Phasma or FOO?

4) R2D2 5 empires - Isn't Vader an extremely slow farm? If you will be using Ackbar for fleet, does Tarkin have
    a use outside of the R2 event?

If not, is Tarkin interchangeable? If so could you skip him and get somebody like Colonel Starck you mentioned is needed later on in Territory, or somebody who has even a slight bit more Meta viability like Death Trooper, Shoretrooper or Krennic?

If he is needed I am assuming it is simply because he is required in fleet, and/or is simply the fastest farm?

5) Resistance for Speed Mods - is the best option to be able to skip over Trooper + Poe and wait to use toons I'll already be getting - Scav Rey (got from Play promo), R2, BB8, Rey JT, Finn?

Thanks again!

1. Reason for those 5 is to get mod challenge done as fast as possible. Mentioned in description that you only need them at 5*, so those I mentioned can be aquired fairly easy and fast. When it comes to Yoda event and getting them to 7* it's up to you to choose from those 9 mentioned. Ahsoka is actually a must farm - she is the earliest dispeller you can get. You will need her for capital ship challenge (5x LS ships) as well as countering Scimitar's retribution, which can singlehandedly kill your fleet under Ackbar lead (protection up each time a ship retaliates). It also prevents Mace Windu lead fleets from timing you out using forced taunt. JC you guessed correctly. Windu - you get him at 4* for free, so bringing him to 5* is fairly quick. If you don't mind unlocking mod challenges and mod shop credit purchases at 85lvl then you can choose GK and Barriss as last 2.
    2. Seems there is a huge misconception regarding RJT - she is in current meta, but in no way is she game changing. Some facts:
    • - she is very hard to obtain - unlocks at 7* and needs 2x Cantina node farms, 16 energy each - both are useless outside of her Hero Journey
      - she is not dominant in arena - I am 16:1 against all Rey lead teams while using Rex(L), GK, Han, R2, DN with only one mod set of 100+ speed on this team, she cna be easily beatable if you know how to play
      - she needs a specific team to work well, so you will need every unit in this team to be geared high, it's not smth you should be concerned right now, since meta might change drastically once you reach a level when you can unlock her.
    Fin is still the better choice. He can be obtained much earlier - every unit in his team can be farmable early, you only need 1 zeta for his team to work (Rey needs 4-5) and is a better leader for Territory Battles. Farming him should be a priority once you get spare cash in other shops - he works only with resistance, so you need to time farming all 5 units. Vets - I ouldn't suggest farming them at all in this guide. There are far too many more important things to use cantina energy on than those two.
    Old Ben - farm him to 5* when you get some free cantina energy, hard to tell when, since you will be limited by other legendary event schedule. You can farm last 2* when you get info on possible reappearance of his Hero Journey. He can be farmed from 2 places, so you don't have to get him to 7* off the bat.
    3. BB8 is not a meta toon, he is only meta under new Rey. There are more pressing matters to do before getting him. Start farming Phasma once you settled in with ship shards from GW - all depends on your fleet arena and how you fare there. Farming FOO depends on you - cantina shop doesn't have many usefull units, so you can choose which to farm as you need it.
    4. Vader is a slow farm, but you will get him for free anyway - you can farm additional shards in fleet store. He will be in your future main fleet for arena. Tarkin is best choice, because you get him at 4* early on and you will need to lvl him up for zeta mat challenge. He is also needed for DS Territory Battle. DT, ShT and Krennic are all farmable after 80lvl, so they're a very bad choice.
    5. Apart from BB8 and R2 (which are dependant on an unknown schedule) you have to get Finn, Poe and RT. They are the core of zeta Finn team. If you don;t mind waiting then pls do so, otherwise proceed as mentioned in guide.

A word of advice - don't plan more than 3 months ahead. Game changes all the time, new units are added or patched, new game modes or store changes affect it as well, so what you planned in advance might not be viable anymore after half a year. It's nice to have a plan, but pls be flexible. A lot of what is suggested rides on your daily ranking in both arenas or raid drops. All of this can fluctuate greatly and you might end up lacking at times. Gear and shard farming , especially from cantina, is RNG based so be prepared for a lot of unpleasant surprises.
    Having said all of that - good luck and have fun :)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017

A word of advice - don't plan more than 3 months ahead. Game changes all the time, new units are added or patched, new game modes or store changes affect it as well, so what you planned in advance might not be viable anymore after half a year. It's nice to have a plan, but pls be flexible. A lot of what is suggested rides on your daily ranking in both arenas or raid drops. All of this can fluctuate greatly and you might end up lacking at times. Gear and shard farming , especially from cantina, is RNG based so be prepared for a lot of unpleasant surprises.
    Having said all of that - good luck and have fun :)

For example I started in late November. I joined a random guild a did 3 hpit raids in two weeks week and ranked about 35th.

I moved after that to a guild aimed at newish players. There's 3 big giants that lime to lock down top positions in raids but I can often get 5-7th in hpit and I'm doing it three times a week. I'm about 4 weeks from unlocking raid Han. Im planning on skimping on scoundrels and waiting for raid han. If this means I fail one or two tier iv credit heists with sth lando boba default Chewie and 2 star Dengar (I unlocked because I had a surplus of guild currency and I was behind on lando farming) then that's what I have to do but it means I can skimp on an extra scoundrel.