Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    wawrzon wrote: »

A word of advice - don't plan more than 3 months ahead. Game changes all the time, new units are added or patched, new game modes or store changes affect it as well, so what you planned in advance might not be viable anymore after half a year. It's nice to have a plan, but pls be flexible. A lot of what is suggested rides on your daily ranking in both arenas or raid drops. All of this can fluctuate greatly and you might end up lacking at times. Gear and shard farming , especially from cantina, is RNG based so be prepared for a lot of unpleasant surprises.
    Having said all of that - good luck and have fun :)

For example I started in late November. I joined a random guild a did 3 hpit raids in two weeks week and ranked about 35th.

I moved after that to a guild aimed at newish players. There's 3 big giants that lime to lock down top positions in raids but I can often get 5-7th in hpit and I'm doing it three times a week. I'm about 4 weeks from unlocking raid Han. Im planning on skimping on scoundrels and waiting for raid han. If this means I fail one or two tier iv credit heists with sth lando boba default Chewie and 2 star Dengar (I unlocked because I had a surplus of guild currency and I was behind on lando farming) then that's what I have to do but it means I can skimp on an extra scoundrel.

That's a great way of adjusting this guide to your situation. Kudos to you. Being f2p means focused and flexible. You never know what events await us, how raid drops turn out for you or what bronzium surprises you get.
  • Options
    So I have been following the guide and it had helped immensely. I have stayed in the top 10 of my arena. In the next couple of days I will have my last phoenix squad member at 7 stars. How do I keep ahead in the arena now since all my characters are 7 star? They are all gear level 7 & 8.

I am working on the follow-up arena team but it will be awhile before they are all unlocked/stared/geared to take the place of the phoenix squad in the arena.

I also have been struggling in the fleet arena, can't get into the top 20.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    So I have been following the guide and it had helped immensely. I have stayed in the top 10 of my arena. In the next couple of days I will have my last phoenix squad member at 7 stars. How do I keep ahead in the arena now since all my characters are 7 star? They are all gear level 7 & 8.

I am working on the follow-up arena team but it will be awhile before they are all unlocked/stared/geared to take the place of the phoenix squad in the arena.

Well you should be a few levels above most of your arena shard because you have been doing 3 of each refresh every day with your rank.

What ships are you running

If you are in a good guild. You need the guild currency to help you get good equipment to stay ahead. I found that a lot of people don't have their ships fully levelled up. A guild running regular tank raids earns fleet currency for you to keep everyone levelled up.

I'd say that a lot of the top people in fleet shards bought one or more the packs (boba kylo etc) to help them out. You can't stay ahead of the whales that start with a 4 star ship when you star with two stars.
  • Options
    I don't see fleet currency as any guild raid rewards....

I am on swfoh.gg under azeotrope.

So you are saying that continuing to do 3 each daily refreshes will keep me ahead in arena? I am not sure about that.... I beat people several levels ahead of me.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see fleet currency as any guild raid rewards....

I am on swfoh.gg under azeotrope.

So you are saying that continuing to do 3 each daily refreshes will keep me ahead in arena? I am not sure about that.... I beat people several levels ahead of me.

Fleet currency as in ship building materials.

Not necessarily ahead in arena but it will keep you ahead in levels of a lot of people. The most important thing is gear. If you can have your characters fully geared and close to to the top in levels well you have an advantage.

It's very easy to win on offense in this game so will have to climb every day no matter what.
  • Options

You can easily take them to g8-9 without regret. Ezra should be geared even further since he is a great unit and will help you a lot in TB, TW or future arena squads.
    Fleet arena is much different than squad arena - you can't hoard to get ahead, so you will struggle at beginning against whales. Try to stay competitive and gear your pilots. Focus on Biggs, JC and TFP, both unit and ship. You need to land initial TL from either TIE to be competitive. IT might be problematic with both TIE at low lvl and gear. Get all your pilots to max possible lvl and gear, mods included. I added a few new infos to guide, also including ships.
  • Options
    What's the reasoning behind not getting the Phantom ship for early arena? Seems like you could just farm Sabine to 2 star and have a high crew power ship for early arena along with Ghost. Since you'll eventually need it for the Chimera anyways would this be a viable option for early fleet arena or is the ship just too bad despite its high power?
  • Options
    What's the reasoning behind not getting the Phantom ship for early arena? Seems like you could just farm Sabine to 2 star and have a high crew power ship for early arena along with Ghost. Since you'll eventually need it for the Chimera anyways would this be a viable option for early fleet arena or is the ship just too bad despite its high power?

Also since I pulled a Baze from the first Chromium would running a Wiggs, Chaze, Ezra team be the best option transitioning out of Phoenix for arena?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm not the op but I would reccomend farming Sabine in her hard node. First for gw as she can plug into the Phoenix team if you have a tough node and lose someone. Secondly for phantom which has some good synergies with ghost.

It's not amazing but at 2 star with two 7 star crew and a 4 star crew it can do the job well.
  • Options
    Hi, before reading this, I had started farming Jin Erso in my guild store (only got 15 shards thus far so it's no biggie, but still, those guild currencies don't come too quiclky). Should I stop farming her and switch to farmboy luke?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    zorglub wrote: »
    Hi, before reading this, I had started farming Jin Erso in my guild store (only got 15 shards thus far so it's no biggie, but still, those guild currencies don't come too quiclky). Should I stop farming her and switch to farmboy luke?

First off if you feel guild store currency doesn't come to quickly you need to get into a guild that does raids you can take part in regularly. Until level 70 came (and more gear slots became available) I always felt as if I had too much currency.

Secondly you will farm jyn eventually (rogue one mission in tb and for tmr for raids) so don't feel like it's wasted but yeah I would stop farming her now.
  • Options
    My guild is alternating between lvl 4 and lvl 6 raids, doing about one of each once per week. They have a rule that lvl 65+ players aren't allowed to get more than 1 attack in on pitIV so I get to take part in that one, but not in pitVI obviously. I get most of my guild currency from dailies, but that's only about 150 per day, so I'd say i can make 3-4 token purchases per week in the guild store.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    My guild is alternating between lvl 4 and lvl 6 raids, doing about one of each once per week. They have a rule that lvl 65+ players aren't allowed to get more than 1 attack in on pitIV so I get to take part in that one, but not in pitVI obviously. I get most of my guild currency from dailies, but that's only about 150 per day, so I'd say i can make 3-4 token purchases per week in the guild store.

I'd make it a priority to get someone up to 7 star so you can take part in heroic raids then move guild to somewhere where you can do heroic raids even if you score a zero the rewards will be better.

Also one level iv raid and one level vi raid is 97k tickets. A good guild should be close to 30k tickets a day and producing shy of 210k tickets a week. So you are roughly half capacity on tickets. It may be the best you can take part in with the characters you have available but dont be afraid to move soon.
  • Options
    Thanks very much for this guide. I am lvl 49 and have been doing quite well with a team of Chewie, Boba and two Kylo's but reading this guide and around the forums now (I only joined the forum a couple of days ago) it looks like I am focusing on the wrong characters (and I am hitting a progression wall now as well).

So I switched to the Pheonix team farming, but am a long way from a functional team (Hera 3*, Chopper, Zeb and Kanan two* and Sabine and Ezra yet to unlock).

Should I keep trying for all these? Should I try and get one of my current A-Team guys up to 7*? Something else entirely?

Also, I am going Chopper in Cantina Store, Kanan on Squad store and Zeb on GW store, who should I be getting from Guild Store (I don't have Guild Events store unlocked yet).

My roster is here:

https://swgoh.gg/u/hermanbloom/collection/

Thanks

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Keep going Phoenix. Sabine is option but I say do her hard node for gw/ships reasons.

Boba will stand to you for credit heists but doesn't need anything more for right now.

Guild store you can go maul and sun fac when you see them for later ships use and Luke and Ben if you have currency towards the next cls event. There's nothing really immediate in there imo. Rex can be a decent post Phoenix leader too.
  • Options

You will need her eventually for TB, TW and raids. She is a part of Cassian's U-wing crew as well. We had both legendary events recently so they won't come anytime soon. So you can unlock her now if you want to. Luke is still a necessity, but you can postpone farming him if you wish so. It's advisable to get either Old Ben or Luke running now, since you will get much more important units or gear to farm later on.

It's all about being effective. Sabine is a slow farm and imo not worth it. Her ship won't be as useful as most think. You need a U-wing for Chimeara event, so whether you have Phantom early on doesn't matter all that much. You will get both TIE up quite fast since they're in quite a few places. My assumption is that you won't have anough currency daily to farm: scimitar/slave/TIEAdvanced, Ghost, Vader/Chirrut/Wedge/FOTP. First two are mandatory on a daily basis, not much left for other - you will have to choose. So it's easier to get both TIE from GW or pilot from cantina node/hard node. I'm not saying it's a bad choice, but that's my reasoning.
    Thanks very much for this guide. I am lvl 49 and have been doing quite well with a team of Chewie, Boba and two Kylo's but reading this guide and around the forums now (I only joined the forum a couple of days ago) it looks like I am focusing on the wrong characters (and I am hitting a progression wall now as well).

So I switched to the Pheonix team farming, but am a long way from a functional team (Hera 3*, Chopper, Zeb and Kanan two* and Sabine and Ezra yet to unlock).

Should I keep trying for all these? Should I try and get one of my current A-Team guys up to 7*? Something else entirely?

Also, I am going Chopper in Cantina Store, Kanan on Squad store and Zeb on GW store, who should I be getting from Guild Store (I don't have Guild Events store unlocked yet).

My roster is here:

https://swgoh.gg/u/hermanbloom/collection/

Thanks

Your team will fall off a cliff any second now, so use it as long as you can (farming mods after 50lvl will help). Getting phoenix will be a good idea, but they won't be that big help in arena - when you get them ready other ppl will have stronger teams.
    I would suggest farming Boba as you are now, chopper afterwards. Getting Lando and TFP from cantina node. Ezra afterwards. STH first from squad arena. Biggs from GW store. You should get Rex from guild store after 60lvl. If you're in a heroic raid guild then get a 7* hero asap, if not just do what you need atm. This route will help you maintain a good arena team and prepare well for fleet arena.
    I know that getting phoenix up is very helpful, but idk if it's the best thing to do now. You should still get them to 5* whenever you have currency ready, but they won't be of much use in your arena.
    Either way, you can't go wrong with what I wrote or what @Naraic suggested.
  • Options
    Thanks very much. I got confused as wasn't sure if I was too far along for the Phoenix team, and now there seems to be so many possible characters that I could/should go for, that I have ended up not really knowing what to do!
  • Options
    So the Yoda event comes on the 25th of January. Should I increase Mace Windu's stars from 4-5 before the event so that I have five 5+ star Jedi for the event? This would mean I would have to stop Stormtrooper Han at 4 stars until Mace is 5. Is it worth delaying STH about 55 shards later so that I have 5 Jedi? They are both in the same store.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    So the Yoda event comes on the 25th of January. Should I increase Mace Windu's stars from 4-5 before the event so that I have five 5+ star Jedi for the event? This would mean I would have to stop Stormtrooper Han at 4 stars until Mace is 5. Is it worth delaying STH about 55 shards later so that I have 5 Jedi? They are both in the same store.

For me Yoda is not awesome. I don't need an extra Jedi for something. I will stay away. If I was rushing I would be rushing for 7 star. Perhaps to run an extra team for raids. Not a priority at the moment anyway for me.

That said if you don't think the arena store is a choke point for you in getting a new team ready feel free to delay Han as you are not delaying your team.
  • Options
    So there is no advantage to doing the Yoda event except you get another Jedi?
  • Options
    I've been following this guide for the most part but I've made a few slight deviations based on my own circumstances within the game and I'm wondering how I should proceed going forward.

The main thing to note is that my cantina farms aren't as far along as they should be and have deviated from this guide slightly. I'm in a training guild for a larger guild family and the criteria to move up from my training guild is that I assemble a full team of 7* characters. As a result, I farmed Hera to 4*, Ezra to 7*, Hera to 5* and rather than Lando to 5* I'm currently farming Hera to 7* (she's currently at 59/85). When I hit level 69 (I'm currently level 63), should I switch to Wedge Antilles or should I finish farming Lando/TFP to 5* first?

I'm farming Wedge shards from the fleet store when they do appear to make up for lost time in the cantina (I also haven't been able to afford as many refreshes as most as this is my first account so I started 16600 in my shard, I'm top 50 now though).

The rest of my Phoenix is nearly 7* (Zeb is 85/100, Kanan is 60/100 and Chopper is 30/100) and so I'm beginning to plan for a transition to a Rebels arena team. My Biggs is 4* and I have a 3* ST Han from the Light Side Starter Pack. I'm guessing my first Rebels team should be Wiggs, ST Han, Ezra, X? Who should that fifth member be? Or should it be something else?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Can you complete training droid heists and credit heists at your level. That's why you need scoundrels like lando. If the answer is yes then you don't really need him higher now and can delay til. If the answer is no you need to push him.

Similar question regarding tfp. How are you doing in fleet arena. You bought a light side starter pack that gave shards for clone sergeant and Jedi Consular. If you have these guys a star above you may be able to do well in fleet arena without tfp. If not he needs to be pushed as he has a great ship.
  • Options
    Can you complete training droid heists and credit heists at your level. That's why you need scoundrels like lando. If the answer is yes then you don't really need him higher now and can delay til. If the answer is no you need to push him.
    I'm okay for credits at this point in time but I can see that the bottleneck is approaching, are credits from credit heist really more important than crystal income from arena rank though? As that's what I'd be sacrificing by farming Lando before Wedge.
    Similar question regarding tfp. How are you doing in fleet arena. You bought a light side starter pack that gave shards for clone sergeant and Jedi Consular. If you have these guys a star above you may be able to do well in fleet arena without tfp. If not he needs to be pushed as he has a great ship.
    I'm currently placing top 100 in fleet arena, so I'm missing out on the crystal income for getting top 20. Is TFP to 5* likely to bridge the gap enough to make it worth delaying Wedge to 7*? If so I see the argument, but not for TFP to 5* before Wedge if all it's going to do is bring me up to top 50, where I still won't be earning crystals.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Credits from credit heist gives you ability to farm and upgrade mods and keep your characters levelled up. It is an essential investment to maintain your crystal income.

I'm not sure if tfp will make the difference to bring you upto top 20. Like all things it depends but it definitely helps an arena team do well.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/juliabella/ This is me. What do you suggest? I don’t understand mods and haven’t opened the fleet yet. Also, I don’t know what to do about my guild. Help!
  • Options
    Credits from credit heist gives you ability to farm and upgrade mods and keep your characters levelled up. It is an essential investment to maintain your crystal income.

I'm not sure if tfp will make the difference to bring you upto top 20. Like all things it depends but it definitely helps an arena team do well.
    I suppose I'll prioritise Lando to 5* and delay TFP until after Wedge, then. I'll focus hard on ships in the GW store and make a push for top 20 once my arena team is in better shape.

• Options
    I’m working on Phoenix. My top 5 have done pretty well so far, but the arena is getting tougher daily. I’m ranking in the 200-350 range and need synergy in my squads.
  • Options

No advantage, only credits and crystals. You can delay it as long as you want, unless they introduce a mythinc version of that event.
    Caiiiius wrote: »

I suppose I'll prioritise Lando to 5* and delay TFP until after Wedge, then. I'll focus hard on ships in the GW store and make a push for top 20 once my arena team is in better shape.

Yes, Lando is the best choice. Go with Wedge, since he has a great ship as well (for this part of the game). Prioritize his ship in GW when you start farming him.
    As Naraic said - credits will be your bottleneck in the future, so it's best to do heist regularly.
    Julia wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/u/juliabella/ This is me. What do you suggest? I don’t understand mods and haven’t opened the fleet yet. Also, I don’t know what to do about my guild. Help!

Mods are all about speed, so choose mods with best speed secondariesand crit chance. Rest is in the videos in guide - to much to single all out here.
    I’m working on Phoenix. My top 5 have done pretty well so far, but the arena is getting tougher daily. I’m ranking in the 200-350 range and need synergy in my squads.

I would suggest you drop phoenix as a whole, it's kinda too late to get them now and you will drop either way. Focus on Lando, TFP or Ezra, STH, Ackbar, Biggs, Old Ben and Boba - these will help you create a great arena team. Read primary guide: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide/p1. Going with classical rebels farm would be better for your account.
  • Options

No advantage, do it when you have your jedi ready. Unless they introduce a mythical version of this event, you can skip it for now.
    Caiiiius wrote: »

Yes, best choice is to get Lando done first, credit heist is the best source of credits, which will be a bottleneck for you soon. Go with Wedge afterwards - he is essential for arena and has a great ship - farm this ship from GW along with Wedge shards.

Get a 7* character as soon as possible - it will help you get into a decent guild - as long as you generate 600 tickets daily - check here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/player-guilds .

Forget about phoenix altogether, it's too late for them. GO with classic rebels as previous guide suggested - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide/p1 . Farm Lando, Boba, STH, Biggs, Old Ben, Ackbar, Ezra or TFP. This should help you maintain your arena rank and get ready for fleet arena.
  • Options
    Thanks! I already have most of those and will make them top priority.