Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• I am going to unlock Lando at level 69 tomorrow. I assume he unlocks at 4 stars? Should I delay Wedge by getting Lando to 5 stars or should I just leave Lando at 4* until I get Wedge to 7*?

I think Lando is only for credit heist so does he need to be 5* or is 4* ok?
  • Azeotrope wrote: »
    I am going to unlock Lando at level 69 tomorrow. I assume he unlocks at 4 stars? Should I delay Wedge by getting Lando to 5 stars or should I just leave Lando at 4* until I get Wedge to 7*?

Credit Heist Tier III and IV need 5x 5* scoundrels to unlock. Next one is on monday, idk if you will manage to get it on time. Good luck.
  • wawrzon wrote: »
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    I am going to unlock Lando at level 69 tomorrow. I assume he unlocks at 4 stars? Should I delay Wedge by getting Lando to 5 stars or should I just leave Lando at 4* until I get Wedge to 7*?

Credit Heist Tier III and IV need 5x 5* scoundrels to unlock. Next one is on monday, idk if you will manage to get it on time. Good luck.

Well, I don't even have 4 other 5* scoundrels. Plus I thought the Tiers were limited by your player level, not stars of characters.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    wawrzon wrote: »

Well, I don't even have 4 other 5* scoundrels. Plus I thought the Tiers were limited by your player level, not stars of characters.

I pretty sure credit heists mirror training droid heists in that they are limited by number of scoundrels and player level.
  • My one comment that will be useless is that first mod guide has a lot of smart info to at least save some credits and gear but nails on a chalkboard to listen to
    So I have been following the guide and it had helped immensely. I have stayed in the top 10 of my arena. In the next couple of days I will have my last phoenix squad member at 7 stars. How do I keep ahead in the arena now since all my characters are 7 star? They are all gear level 7 & 8.

So I have not really got a good answer to my previous question and now my fears are coming true. The other phoenix squads are getting closer to the same power as mine and I wasn't able to beat one of them today even though they had lower power than me.

How do I keep ahead?
    So I have not really got a good answer to my previous question and now my fears are coming true. The other phoenix squads are getting closer to the same power as mine and I wasn't able to beat one of them today even though they had lower power than me.

How do I keep ahead?

Sorry about that. ;)

Phoenix vs Phoenix is getting a bit more difficult, but there are still plenty of other teams like nightsisters at the top who should be easy to beat with your team. But I think this is the point where Phoenix starts losing its dominance, so you just keep gearing them wherever you can while also building a new team to transition to. That's how I'm handling it, anyway.

• Wedge takes absolute priority over all other toons imo.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Hi guys!

So I re-started yesterday in a new account and get Jyn in the first chromium pack after 4-5 rerolls so I am not doing it anymore. I read this guide and the other one 'Perfect Start 2017' and I have a question:

I have decided to go for phoenix squad first because of all the advantages it provides at beggining-mid game and then make the transition to a rebel squad (without forgetting scoundrel squad for credit heist event) so I know the priorities. In this guide apart from the first tip of try to get a good hero from the first pack there is no mention about the phases mentioned in the other guide so my question is the following one: In the other guide you have certain phases to follow in order to be competitive in arena and so while in this one there is no phase at all, just show what should be your farming priorities and follow them to be an efficient player.

1) Which guide should I follow?

2) Do I really have to spend like a month only farming cantina battles from lvl 8 to 27 (phase 2 in the other guide) in order to be competitive in arena and get good rewards? Won't I be efficient and competitive in arena/GW/TW/Raids if I just keep leveling up doing dailies and knowing my farming priorities from each store as this guide shows?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Hi guys!

So I re-started yesterday in a new account and get Jyn in the first chromium pack after 4-5 rerolls so I am not doing it anymore. I read this guide and the other one 'Perfect Start 2017' and I have a question:

I have decided to go for phoenix squad first because of all the advantages it provides at beggining-mid game and then make the transition to a rebel squad (without forgetting scoundrel squad for credit heist event) so I know the priorities. In this guide apart from the first tip of try to get a good hero from the first pack there is no mention about the phases mentioned in the other guide so my question is the following one: In the other guide you have certain phases to follow in order to be competitive in arena and so while in this one there is no phase at all, just show what should be your farming priorities and follow them to be an efficient player.

1) Which guide should I follow?

2) Do I really have to spend like a month only farming cantina battles from lvl 8 to 27 (phase 2 in the other guide) in order to be competitive in arena and get good rewards? Won't I be efficient and competitive in arena/GW/TW/Raids if I just keep leveling up doing dailies and knowing my farming priorities from each store as this guide shows?

There's competitive and there's locking out rank one/two in arena for several months with a massive head start.

It's upto you which you consider fun. I wouldn't want to spend a month claiming bonus energy and nothing else.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Yeah, exactly! spending one month just doing cantina battles and claiming energy would bore me for sure.

The problem that afraids me is how would this affect to my overall perfomance, I mean just doing dailies and unlocking content while I prioritize my heroes farming as stated in this guide (phoenix squad first) but without following those phases in the other guide?
  • @wawrzon, @naraic thank you :)
    i bought a second chromium. with bronzium pulls and events i managed to get Old Ben/Asajj (chromium), Dooku/Lobot (Bronzium) and KyloRen/KR Unmasked (events). I am lvl 27 and farmed Lando shards 65/80.

1) Would a squad with Lando(L)/OB/Boba/Dooku/KRU be good enough (transitioning into the Wedge rebel squad maybe with Leia instead of STH, because i already have a OB as a tank)? Or should i still go for phoenix?
    2) i have a 7000 guild tokens (worth ≈75 shards). this guide says i should use them to get Luke/Maul/SunFac/Rey but wouldn't it be better to get B2 (counter/buff immunity), Barriss (useful for GW), OldBen (instead of cantina nodes) or simply purple raid gear (lvl 8+)?
    3) With my old account i experienced a lot of problems and could only farm 2 toons each in cantina/squad/gw store. after that i needed the tokens for credits/prestige/ship material and blueprints in order to stay top 20 in fleet arena. If i have to do that again, i wont be able to farm any others toons that are recommended in this guide. so my only option would be hard nodes and cantina nodes. is there any other way?
  • @wawrzon, @naraic thank you :)
    i bought a second chromium. with bronzium pulls and events i managed to get Old Ben/Asajj (chromium), Dooku/Lobot (Bronzium) and KyloRen/KR Unmasked (events). I am lvl 27 and farmed Lando shards 65/80.

1) Would a squad with Lando(L)/OB/Boba/Dooku/KRU be good enough (transitioning into the Wedge rebel squad maybe with Leia instead of STH, because i already have a OB as a tank)? Or should i still go for phoenix?
    2) i have a 7000 guild tokens (worth ≈75 shards). this guide says i should use them to get Luke/Maul/SunFac/Rey but wouldn't it be better to get B2 (counter/buff immunity), Barriss (useful for GW), OldBen (instead of cantina nodes) or simply purple raid gear (lvl 8+)?
    3) With my old account i experienced a lot of problems and could only farm 2 toons each in cantina/squad/gw store. after that i needed the tokens for credits/prestige/ship material and blueprints in order to stay top 20 in fleet arena. If i have to do that again, i wont be able to farm any others toons that are recommended in this guide. so my only option would be hard nodes and cantina nodes. is there any other way?

1. I can't say, KRU will be undergeared. I won't speculate, seems a bit lackluster, but I don't have much experience with KRU, Dooku and OB.
    2. B2 is useless for you, seems nice, but will be a wasted investment. OB would probably be best for you. I changed guide some time ago, OB is included there.
    3. Well, you do have only 2 mandatory units in GW - rest into ship blueprints. All in all you jsut need to farm 1 unit at a time from each store - I never sauid to farm 2 at the same time. Honestly - I dont understand the question.
    Yeah, exactly! spending one month just doing cantina battles and claiming energy would bore me for sure.

The problem that afraids me is how would this affect to my overall perfomance, I mean just doing dailies and unlocking content while I prioritize my heroes farming as stated in this guide (phoenix squad first) but without following those phases in the other guide?

There is no guarantee you will get results if you hoard energy. There are 3 factors that influence how you do in arena - neither of them is "hoarding energy":
    - number of whales in shard - they will outperform you, especially in early-mid game, no preparation will help you get past that
    - number of ppl at the same payout - if you get 6-7 ppl fighting for the same payout then it's hard to get results since ppl will snipe each other
    - setting arena shard chat/server - most important of all, you can nullify both previous problems if you got sensible and helpful ppl in shard, you can organize payouts and group focus to pacify other troublemakers

Whether you hoard energy is irrelevant in the end - all is based on luck. It will help you get a head start, but I wouldn't wait more than 5-7 days to jump in. I myself didn't wait at all.
  • Well, I hoarded energy so I could jump from level 27 to 40 and it took a little over a month of hoarding.

I am so glad I did it. As you can see under my name azeotrope on swgoh.gg I have an average arena rank of 3. All those extra crystals I get are a huge help! I have not spent one dime on this game.

This guide has been great!
  • Here’s a very basic question: how do you start a new account?
  • wawrzon wrote: »
    3. Well, you do have only 2 mandatory units in GW - rest into ship blueprints. All in all you jsut need to farm 1 unit at a time from each store - I never sauid to farm 2 at the same time. Honestly - I dont understand the question.

thank you for your answer :)
    just to make it clear what i meant: i was only able to farm 2 units after another in each store to 7* (not at the same time, and all pre lvl 60). After hitting lvl 60 i couldn't farm ANY other unit, because i needed everything for fleet materials, prestige, blueprints or credits. So i am afraid, that i wont be able to farm more than 2 units to 7* in each store, just because i have to farm fleet stuff.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    wawrzon wrote: »

thank you for your answer :)
    just to make it clear what i meant: i was only able to farm 2 units after another in each store to 7* (not at the same time, and all pre lvl 60). After hitting lvl 60 i couldn't farm ANY other unit, because i needed everything for fleet materials, prestige, blueprints or credits. So i am afraid, that i wont be able to farm more than 2 units to 7* in each store, just because i have to farm fleet stuff.

You should not need to farm ship material. If you do its a sign you are not in a good enough guild. You should have a solid income of ship material from tank raids. As long as you are in a guild that raids twice a week you can do the job here.

Also you should never farm credits. You only need to do that if your scoundrels can't do the job. Being in a good raid guild and finishing galactic war really helps your credits too.

Similarly prestige should come from challenges. If you need to farm prestige through shops it's a sign you didn't farm enough blueprints to unlock the latest level of the ship challenges.

Finishing 50th in a normal tank raid is the same as spending 600 cantina currency on building materials.
    Post edited by Naraic on
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Well, I hoarded energy so I could jump from level 27 to 40 and it took a little over a month of hoarding.

I am so glad I did it. As you can see under my name azeotrope on swgoh.gg I have an average arena rank of 3. All those extra crystals I get are a huge help! I have not spent one dime on this game.

This guide has been great!

Is it your main account or a secondary account? I can understand that one month of hoarding only if it is a secondary f2p account while you continue working in your main one. Honestly, for a newbie who has started it has to be hard and boring to wait for a month only hoarding just because he/she wants to start in the right direction.

My question is, as you already know, is that time important enough to keep you hoarding for a month instead of doing dailies and farming correctly your characters from the very beginning within that period of time? For a newbie like me, my answer is no but for an experimented player who wants to roll a secondary f2p account, yes.

P.S: It is my second day and I am level 21 with Hera almost unlock 20/25 aiming for Ezra, 510 crystals in the budget and feeling kinda excited :smiley:
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Is it your main account or a secondary account? I can understand that one month of hoarding only if it is a secondary f2p account while you continue working in your main one. Honestly, for a newbie who has started it has to be hard and boring to wait for a month only hoarding just because he/she wants to start in the right direction.

My question is, as you already know, is that time important enough to keep you hoarding for a month instead of doing dailies and farming correctly your characters from the very beginning within that period of time? For a newbie like me, my answer is no but for an experimented player who wants to roll a secondary f2p account, yes.

P.S: It is my second day and I am level 21 with Hera almost unlock 20/25 aiming for Ezra, 510 crystals in the budget and feeling kinda excited :smiley:

The benefit is magnified if you have a 6 or 7 star character and a guild that doesn't mind you not generating tickets. You get a lot of credits and ship building materials. Gear and possibly shards for the big raid characters too.

You will notice a lot of pwople who hoard and rush too far will find themselves with less raids when they hit level 60 and a shortage of fleet materials.

If I were you as a new player I might run two accounts. One to play with and have fun and one to min max. If you min max too much you kill the enjoyment. Either that or just hoard enough to get into a new shard on the first day.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    You should not need to farm ship material. If you do its a sign you are not in a good enough guild. You should have a solid income of ship material from tank raids. As long as you are in a guild that raids twice a week you can do the job here.

Also you should never farm credits. You only need to do that if your scoundrels can't do the job.

Similarly prestige should come from challenges.
    hmm, my guild does heroic rancor once a week and AAT 2-3 times a month. i didn't even realise that AAT gives ship materials :D this could also be the reason, why i do not have enough credits :/.my scoundrels are ok for now (6-7* Boba/STH/Lando, 4* Chewie, 3*CadBane). i can do Tier III easily (and Tier IV is still locked due to level restrictions).
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

Also you should never farm credits. You only need to do that if your scoundrels can't do the job.

Similarly prestige should come from challenges.
    hmm, my guild does heroic rancor once a week and AAT 2-3 times a month. i didn't even realise that AAT gives ship materials :D this could also be the reason, why i do not have enough credits :/.my scoundrels are ok for now (6-7* Boba/STH/Lando, 4* Chewie, 3*CadBane). i can do Tier III easily (and Tier IV is still locked due to level restrictions).

Should be doing aat twice a week. Maybe 5 every two weeks. Coming 50th in an aat raid is the same as coming 5th in fleet for a day. Not massive but it does add up. Raids also give some credits.

You shouldn't have to farm in either in stores.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    @Naraic thank you!

By the way I'm slightly spoilt in guilds. There's 4 big guys and the rest are small so I can usually pull off a top ten in raids. Very active. 30k tickets most days so we hit 5 aat a fortnight and are just shy of a heroic rancour every second day.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member

The benefit is magnified if you have a 6 or 7 star character and a guild that doesn't mind you not generating tickets. You get a lot of credits and ship building materials. Gear and possibly shards for the big raid characters too.

You will notice a lot of pwople who hoard and rush too far will find themselves with less raids when they hit level 60 and a shortage of fleet materials.

If I were you as a new player I might run two accounts. One to play with and have fun and one to min max. If you min max too much you kill the enjoyment. Either that or just hoard enough to get into a new shard on the first day.

Well, I can solve that by getting Ezra 7* since he is useful and joining a guild which doesn't mind I get benefits from raids untill I get a good squad to help them in TB and raids, right?

Regarding to the two accounts, lets see first if I can manage and do well by following this guide haha. My goal is to be competitive in arena while unlocking the characters that would help me get those legendary heroes like CLS, Thrawn, EP, etc, at some point of the game.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member

Well, I can solve that by getting Ezra 7* since he is useful and joining a guild which doesn't mind I get benefits from raids untill I get a good squad to help them in TB and raids, right?

Regarding to the two accounts, lets see first if I can manage and do well by following this guide haha. My goal is to be competitive in arena while unlocking the characters that would help me get those legendary heroes like CLS, Thrawn, EP, etc, at some point of the game.

Most guilds require 600 tokens a day so finding a guild that will let you hoard and sit there will be difficult. Otherwise you have the idea right.
  • I did hoard on my first and main account. I did research before starting the game so that I could get a great start. Yes it did get boring after awhile but I am glad I did it because it is great being at the top of my arena. The extra crystals help you advance even quicker.

But yeah, you do need patience to hoard that long. Just find something else to distract you for that month :)
  • I got obi-one Kenobi (old Ben) on my first reroll, should I keep it and go on with this? If yes ,what should I farm first in order to have good synergy
  • jloff
    42 posts Member
    If you haven't played before, you could start with 2 accounts... 1 for hoarding energy at L27 for 2-3 months and the other one to play now and try out different teams to get a feel for the game and watch how the arena develops so you know what works. The main benefit of the hoarding strategy is you hit the ground running and get a high arena rank early which gives you extra crystals which helps you stay high rank and build up your teams faster. If you don't hoard then you will have to pay $$ to stay high rank so that goes against F2P - if you want F2P with no hoarding it will be tough to crack the top50 arena until you get CLS.

If you are hoarding, it really doesn't matter much which toon you roll on the first bronzium though ideally you want one that you'll use. Getting baze or chirrut early won't guarantee you'll dominate arena - 1 toon doesn't carry a team in the early stages. If I pulled old ben on my first bronzium I'd stick with him (you need him eventually for CLS) and build a rebel team (lando/leia/sthan/ackbar) then transition to wedge/biggs later. Don't be afraid to put 1 or 2 DS guys into a rebel team, eg. Kylo and/or Boba, as they have their own individual strengths which can combine well with rebels.

Long term you need to plan around the legendary events... ultimately getting CLS is they key to being successful beyond L80 (for now at least). To get CLS you need R2 and to get R2 you need a strong empire team made easier with Thrawn, but palpatine is also pretty good. Thrawn requires phoenix so having an early phoenix strategy is good - no they aren't arena viable past about L55 or so (once mods come into play) but they are important for a few events and remain useful in GW/TB/TW.

If I was starting over I would prob take the phoenix route early to help with GW and arena through to L50-55 while developing a more viable arena team to take me up to L80's before getting CLS/JTR but also I'd be keeping an eye on the legendary events timetable to be ready for those events. And for fleets I would focus on the executrix as you need tarkin for empire and zeta challenge. There are a number of viable arena teams for that L50-L80 period so comes down to preference, the 2 most popular being rebels with wedge lead and nightsisters.

One other point that's prob already been made... credit crunch is real.. upgrading 5-dot mods costs a small fortune as does levelling up your toons after L50. The credit heist becomes crucial and for that you need a decent scoundrel team so having lando/boba/sthan etc. is important even if you only take them up to 5* initially.

• Hey guys, at lvl 53 currently and roster is below:

https://swgoh.gg/u/hermanbloom/collection/

I don't see them mentioned much, all the talk seems to be about Phoenix and Rebels but I am kinda playing this game in terms of who I like the most character wise, so I am trying to make a FO team. 2 x Kylo, Phasma, FO Stormtrooper. Plus Boba.

Is this in any way viable? I just like using those guys a lot (well just about to unlock Phasma). I have Boba, ST Han and Chewie as Scoundrels and am farming Lando (and only five shards away from Denbar), Boba, FO Storm and getting Phasma and Tarkin shards from the shops.

I realise this isn't going to make me a top 10 player or anything, but is there anything fundamentally broken with this approach? Or a better FO mix I should look at?

Thanks
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Are you spending?

Kylo Ren Unmasked is shipments only so all your crystals will have to go there. While tanks can be viable at lower stars eventually you would suffer at lower stars.

Obviously the new first order executioner looks good but we dont know where he will be farmed or how.