Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• I spent on the Kylo Unmasked pack as a little xmas present to myself, that's all I intend to spend though unless something amazing comes up.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I spent on the Kylo Unmasked pack as a little xmas present to myself, that's all I intend to spend though unless something amazing comes up.

Thing is you will fall behind with kylo ren unmasked as unless you spend crystals on him you won't be able to star him up more. If you spend crystals you will slow your levelling.
  • hermanbloom
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So maybe he gets left behind. Can still use the other Kylo, Phasma, FO Storm, Boba and Tarkin? Though guess that isn't a FO team as such at that point.

Basically I know nothing about the Phoenix characters so therefore, even though I know they are great in game, they hold little interest to me in terms of "fun". So I was just trying to work on a FO team as I like some of those characters. Plus my Dark Side roster seems better than my Light Side, though guess I could change that with a fair bit of farming.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    So maybe he gets left behind. Can still use the other Kylo, Phasma, FO Storm, Boba and Tarkin? Though guess that isn't a FO team as such at that point.

Basically I know nothing about the Phoenix characters so therefore, even though I know they are great in game, they hold little interest to me in terms of "fun". So I was just trying to work on a FO team as I like some of those characters. Plus my Dark Side roster seems better than my Light Side, though guess I could change that with a fair bit of farming.

I don´t know your goal for this game but for what I have read, you are just looking for a FO team to have fun with. You can try a squad like Phasma (L) FOTP, Kylo Ren, FOST, FOO, they are all from FO faction and eventually you would have access to the BB8 event who requires FO characters :)

For your lightside way, you could work either on the phoenix squad or rebel squad, both will give you great results at the beginning but only the second one is viable for endgame.
  • Yeah I guess I am trying to figure out "is a FO team OK, or should I scrap the idea". I like Boba as well, so was working on the Scoundrels for the Credit Heist which seems to be vital. I will look into the FO team you suggest, thanks. My goal is to be good in the game, but I am not looking to be top in Arena and stuff like that, I just don't have the time (have a baby which demands a lot of my time!) to really delve into all the mechanics of the game I guess, so I would like to work with the characters I enjoy, like FO, and see where that takes me.

Unless the answer is "nowhere fast"!
  • How high are we supposed to level Ashoka's ship before abandoning it?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    whitemeat wrote: »
    How high are we supposed to level Ashoka's ship before abandoning it?

There's are challenges that need 8 5 star ships and it doesnt make sense to level something to 4 star then level something else for the challenge so I would say 5 star then let it fall to your bench and be overtaken.
  • The OP says to get Lando to 5 star and then later 7 star. What is the purpose of this? Is he only for arena team and credit heist?

I don't plan to use him in my arena team. I currently have him at 4 star. Is there any reason I should get him more stars? I am getting Wedge shards right now so getting Lando shards would slow Wedge down.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    The OP says to get Lando to 5 star and then later 7 star. What is the purpose of this? Is he only for arena team and credit heist?

I don't plan to use him in my arena team. I currently have him at 4 star. Is there any reason I should get him more stars? I am getting Wedge shards right now so getting Lando shards would slow Wedge down.

One of the first mod challenges that you will do (other than health mods) requires 5 five star scoundrels. As you need to farm scoundrels for credit heists it is more achievable than for example jedi or ewoks.

Tier iii (level 70) and iv (level 80) credit heists are tough and without a decent investment you will miss out on credits. If you can clear them you can probably clear the scoundrel credit heist.
  • Thoughts on leveling up Phantom II in place of Ahsoka's ship if I don't care about Yoda and would rather be more prepared for Chimera? Curious how much that sets me back based on having to farm it alongside Ghost, but I think it's the better focus in this instance, no?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Thoughts on leveling up Phantom II in place of Ahsoka's ship if I don't care about Yoda and would rather be more prepared for Chimera? Curious how much that sets me back based on having to farm it alongside Ghost, but I think it's the better focus in this instance, no?

I use phantom ii. I find it's very much a rng ship. I can win against much stronger teams If I get the critical up from the second special (partially because crit chance up on everyone for two turns is massive and partially because it counts as a buff for ghosts call an assist and two buffed rebels) for on my first move but i can lose to a fleet my level if I don't.
  • Azeotrope wrote: »
    The OP says to get Lando to 5 star and then later 7 star. What is the purpose of this? Is he only for arena team and credit heist?

You need him at 5* for CH and mod challenge. He can be also slotted in for arena, in certain matchups. HE is also good in TB. Whether you take him to 7* it's up to you, but he is a very good choice - you do need more 7* units for raids as well.
    Thoughts on leveling up Phantom II in place of Ahsoka's ship if I don't care about Yoda and would rather be more prepared for Chimera? Curious how much that sets me back based on having to farm it alongside Ghost, but I think it's the better focus in this instance, no?

Ifyou don't have Baze and aren't in dire need of Chirrut then you can spend currency on Phantom. You will have to thread carefully against opponents with Scimitar, since you lack a reliable cleanser in fleet, but going stealth yourself fixes that.
  • A little question here guys,

I entered today in a new shard, Im lvl 32 rank #478 and climbing without problems (I think I will reach top 100 by the end of the weekend), my team for now is Chewwie 4* (L) Kylo 4*, Jyn 4*, Luke 3* and Ezra 2* (gear IV), I already have Hera and Chopper (gearing both) but only 2* like Ezra and for tomorrow I will have Kannan also.

Is it good to continue with that team till I unlock Kannan and Zeb and then full phoenix squad? Should I start going 4 phoenix squad + Kylo or Jyn untill I get Zeb? or should I stick with this team until I get full phoenix squad at 3* minimum?
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    ManuG wrote: »
    A little question here guys,

I entered today in a new shard, Im lvl 32 rank #478 and climbing without problems (I think I will reach top 100 by the end of the weekend), my team for now is Chewwie 4* (L) Kylo 4*, Jyn 4*, Luke 3* and Ezra 2* (gear IV), I already have Hera and Chopper (gearing both) but only 2* like Ezra and for tomorrow I will have Kannan also.

Is it good to continue with that team till I unlock Kannan and Zeb and then full phoenix squad? Should I start going 4 phoenix squad + Kylo or Jyn untill I get Zeb? or should I stick with this team until I get full phoenix squad at 3* minimum?

any thoughts? :(

PS: Rank #383
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member

I'm not sure. I'd say 4 phoenix's synergy would do better than Chewie etc. I'd wait til you have Kanan and then switch. His unique is just so important for the team.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

I'm not sure. I'd say 4 phoenix's synergy would do better than Chewie etc. I'd wait til you have Kanan and then switch. His unique is just so important for the team.

Even if they are 2*? My shard is fresh, rank 1 is only lvl 42 and top 50 hasn´t any completed phoenix squad yet so I think it is achievable to get. I would have Kannan by tomorrow and my Hera is 5 shards from 3*, I realised she is easier to farm than Ezra lol
  • Azeotrope wrote: »
    Very good point. Looks like i will go for this transition:

Rex (L) - Guild store (but haven't got Luke and Rey to 5* yet)
    STH - Squad arena store
    Boba - Cantina store, Hard nodes
    Wedge (Ezra) - level 69 cantina nodes
    Biggs - GW store, Hard nodes

This looks much more doable :)

The original post says this tean is good for "mid game". What is mid game and what is late game? How would this team do in late game?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member

STH - Squad arena store

The original post says this tean is good for "mid game". What is mid game and what is late game? How would this team do in late game?

I believe late game is when people have event characters.

For example thrawn cls r2d2 raid Han jtr gk bb8.

That said a wedge lead with Biggs Ezra and chaze would out do it.
  • Naraic wrote: »

STH - Squad arena store

I believe late game is when people have event characters.

For example thrawn cls r2d2 raid Han jtr gk bb8.

That said a wedge lead with Biggs Ezra and chaze would out do it.

ok, so I am still trying to decide what to transition into since I have all my Phoenix to 7 stars. Need to be working on the right team.

Like I said before I was planning to do: Rex, STH, Bobba, Wedge, Biggs. But not sure if that is the best.

From the guide it seems that Rex is only mentioned for this team makeup and no where else. The guide says to take him to 7 stars. Seems like a big investment if you can just make another team without him. Maybe I should make a team like Wedge (L), Biggs, STH, Ezra, Boba which doesn't use Rex and just slowly work on Rex...?

Also, the guide says that Phenoix squad is good for beginning and mid game so why would you even need to transfer into another team before getting event characters?
  • Ships Focus: Chimaera Team: (Biggs, Ghost, Phantom, Wedge, Cassian's U-Wing)
    Zeta Team Side Team (TFP, FOTP, Tie Adv, Slave + Sunfac/GS)

Fleet Arena Team 1: JC, GS, Clone, FOTP, TFP? whatever **** you start with
    Fleet Arena Team 2: Biggs, TFP, FOTP, JC, GS, Ghost
    Fleet Arena Team 3: Biggs, TFP, Tie Adv, Ghost, Phantom (Slave, FOTP, Wedge)
    Fleet Arena Team 4: Biggs, TFP, Tie Adv, Tie Reaper*, FOTP (Slave, Fives, Ghost, Phantom)

Fleet Commander: (1) Ackbar = helps give speed boost to old school rebels; offers cleanse for GW/arena
    (2) Tarkin = helps give speed boost to empire; needed for R2; Offense down for GW
    *Mace Windu is inefficient

These should be your progressive fleet goals as a F2P player looking for efficiency and compatibility with other goals in the game: (I) Squad Arena
    (II) Fleet Arena
    (III) Legendary Characters: (Palp, Thrawn, R2, CLS [] BB8, JTR) (*Yoda is inefficient, so skip)
    (IV) Credit Heist (Scoundrels)
    (V) Zeta's
    (VI)Heroic Raids (GK, Han Solo)
    (VI) TB/TW

Shop Focus: (GW): Biggs, Zeb, K2SO + Ships^ (Biggs, Wedge, TFP, FOTP, Fives)
    (Arena): STH, Kanaan, Tarkin, Ackbar(opt.), Leia, Cassian, Nebit(5*)
    (Cantina Store): Chopper, Lando, Boba, FOO, Poe, Fives
    (Cantina NRG): --EARLY-- Ezra, Hera, Lando, Wedge, TFP, Old Ben, FBL, Finn, Kylo
    --LATE-- Vet Han, Vet Chewie, Death
    --MODS-- (Health, Speed)*** farm a needed; very important; see other guide
    (Regular NRG): --EARLY-- RG, Sabine(2*), FOTP, FOST, Rey, Finn
    --LATE-- Baze, Shore/Reaper, Nihlus; Ghost, Phantom, Falcon
    (Guild Store): FBL, Rex, Res Troop, Rey, Jyn Erso, Sun Fac (3* opt.) + GEAR
    (Fleet Store): Chirrut, Vader, Ships^ (Ghost, Phantom, Tie Adv, Slave)
    *can speed up*--Wedge, FOTP, Tarkin, AA, Rex
    (TB/TW Store): G12 + Tough Purple Gear (*see other guide somewhere)

• Also, the guide says that Phenoix squad is good for beginning and mid game so why would you even need to transfer into another team before getting event characters?

There is a gap between mid-game and event chars you need to transition through and phoenix might not hold well through that period.

In my shard phoenix dropped off when top10-20 got hold of wedge around L70. So for a while the top50 was 50% phoenix, then they transitioned to 50% wedge, then transitioned to event chars (thrawn, r2, palpatine) and finally CLS & JTR are now the 2 dominating along with a few NS teams. I should mention NS teams have been holding top10 comfortably for a while even with CLS.

One guy still running Rexx lead with CLS as support - he's been top5 since about L50.

• Also keep in mind as a f2p you will be a step behind the p2p guys at the top who will hit L70 when you are still L65 thereabouts so your phoenix team will go from competing for top20 to competing for top50 pretty quickly.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Also, the guide says that Phenoix squad is good for beginning and mid game so why would you even need to transfer into another team before getting event characters?

Mainly because a team build around one or both of the rebel synergy duos (Wiggs and chaze) or a thrawn led empire team will blow them away.

I'm not convinced by rex so I'm not farming him. I'm going wedge lead sth Leia/boba/lando/Ezra with the last two being a 2 from 4 pick depending on the opposition. I'm not far from a 5 star raid Han so he will be going in at 5 star too. Maybe thrawn will fit in the team too even though it's rebels. It works for the 'titan team'.

Wedge is farmable in cantina at level 69 and in fleet store at level 60. Chirrut is farmable in fleet store at 60. That really what marks the end of the early phoenix domination.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Event characters are on a schedule, so you don't know if you'll make it in time or not, that's how CG earns their $$$, forcing ppl to panic farm.

About Phoenix remark - it's all about effectiveness and trying to dodge the bullet. Phoenix aren't great in arena (unless heavy zeta'd) and drop off a cliff the further you go into the late game. You could stick with them and invest in g10-11, but in the end you would be left with nothing to show - they will get outperformed. Switching them early on prevents you from taking loses later on. It also prepares you for other aspects of the game like TB, TW, fleet arena or raids, where classical rebels fare much better. How much effort you need to put into catching up or staying ahead all depends on your arena shardmates and whales.
    I'm not convinced by rex so I'm not farming him. I'm going wedge lead sth Leia/boba/lando/Ezra with the last two being a 2 from 4 pick depending on the opposition. I'm not far from a 5 star raid Han so he will be going in at 5 star too. Maybe thrawn will fit in the team too even though it's rebels. It works for the 'titan team'.

Wedge is farmable in cantina at level 69 and in fleet store at level 60. Chirrut is farmable in fleet store at 60. That really what marks the end of the early phoenix domination.

Everybody underestimates Rex, he is currenty 5th most used Leader after JTR, CLS, MT, GK. He was in top5 in leaders ever since I joined this game. In a crit heavy meta he will be viable and will help in you a lot of matches. His drabacks are that he is very squishy and isn't so good on defense (but many teams aren't). If you got a lot of whales in arena or opponents with superior mods then he is the only option to win. I can asure you - you won't outdps them with Wedge (unless you get a pretaunter or GK). I use him to this day and still take #1 in arena amontg 10 JTR teams. That being said - before g12 he can have problems with CLS and Raid Han, Chaze teams are his Achilles heel.

All in all, this guide is meant to be adapted to everyone's playstyle and arena situation, as well as legendary events shifting schedule. Just pick the best solution for your situation - you have a plethora of ways to do it following this guide.
  • Hi guys,
    i'm new to the whole forum thing and i posted a discussion and got some good feedback and i've been reading this thread for a couple of days now and was hoping i could get some more feedback and advice from here.

I have been following the guide since i started in late December and ive been farming the phoenix team and that's it. I know that when phoenix starts to be not viable in arena its best to transition to a classical rebel team with wiggs etc however if the thrawn event comes in Feb (i think i read that is a good estimate somewhere) can i get some advice as i want to transition into a Thrawn team if i can unlock him. It would probably be 6* i get him at.

I know if i go with an Empire team lead by Thrawn it will help me get R2 and i can get EP with the phoenix squad too.

To make it clear i'm really looking for idea for Thrawn teams that will be able to compete in Arena around lvl 65-70 (maybe ill be that by the time i unlock him) that i could start farming now?

Any feedback at all will be greatly appreciated thanks.

https://swgoh.gg/u/starwars2nd/collection/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Thrawn is next thursday for a week.

I don't know if you will get him at 5 star or miss the boat. I don't know how tough it is sorry.
  • wawrzon wrote: »

Everybody underestimates Rex, he is currenty 5th most used Leader after JTR, CLS, MT, GK. He was in top5 in leaders ever since I joined this game. In a crit heavy meta he will be viable and will help in you a lot of matches. His drabacks are that he is very squishy and isn't so good on defense (but many teams aren't). If you got a lot of whales in arena or opponents with superior mods then he is the only option to win. I can asure you - you won't outdps them with Wedge (unless you get a pretaunter or GK). I use him to this day and still take #1 in arena amontg 10 JTR teams. That being said - before g12 he can have problems with CLS and Raid Han, Chaze teams are his Achilles heel.

All in all, this guide is meant to be adapted to everyone's playstyle and arena situation, as well as legendary events shifting schedule. Just pick the best solution for your situation - you have a plethora of ways to do it following this guide.

I got Rex finally this morning after being farming him in guild and fleet store (with Wedge).

Would it be good an arena squad with Rex (L), STH, Biggs, Boba, Ezra while I get Wedge (35/80 from fleet store only because im 65) and then Wedge for Ezra?

• Naraic wrote: »

I don't know if you will get him at 5 star or miss the boat. I don't know how tough it is sorry.

Really?? Aw no all my hopes for thrawn and i won't even be ready for it! I need to do some serious re-thinking now :(

Thanks for letting me know though!
  • Opened Baze in the first pull. When I transition from Phoenix to Rebels, who should my fifth be? Wedge(L), Biggs, Chirrut, Baze, Ezra or Boba? Ezra obviously gets the leader bonus and I'll have him at 7* g8, but Boba has a great kit, and I will be leveling him for heists anyway (currently 5* g7).
  • TheQwe wrote: »

I got Rex finally this morning after being farming him in guild and fleet store (with Wedge).

Would it be good an arena squad with Rex (L), STH, Biggs, Boba, Ezra while I get Wedge (35/80 from fleet store only because im 65) and then Wedge for Ezra?

It is a good team, but doesn't work against everybody - like NS. However it will beat any whale team out there. It all boils down to have some decent mods on your team.

Really?? Aw no all my hopes for thrawn and i won't even be ready for it! I need to do some serious re-thinking now :(

Thanks for letting me know though!

Thrawn can be put in any team, he is a plug&play character, same as CLS, Han, R2, GK - they work well in any setup, so you're not limited to having him as your leader. You can easily put him in a support role, to disable opponent tank or damage dealer while your rebels do the dirty work.