Another Next Zeta Post

Dok
140 posts Member
edited November 2017
TL;DR: Finn, Cody, QGJ, Solo, wait for CLS?

As the titles implies, I'm looking for some input on where I should put my next zeta (it's ready to go rn, and I'm extremely impatient lol). I know Finn is a solid choice, but my Trooper is far behind in terms of stars. My Clones are pretty much ready to go, but my guild doesn't do HAAT yet, so aside from TB, not sure how useful a zeta on Cody would be atm. There's QGJ, but none of the Jedi I have up are too great. Then there's Solo, who isn't quite ready yet, but I've heard he works great under CLS in p1 of the tank (on that note, does CLS really need a zeta to do well?). I use Zader in arena (Dec 16 shard, even threw my second zeta on Sid :p), but have been trying to get my Rebels up (no Chaze though. Even if I had them, I don't think I'd run them). R2 has a zeta on Number Crunch. I think that's probably more than enough info, so I'll just leave a link to my profile. Thanks in advance :)

https://swgoh.gg/u/doktopus/
Post edited by Dok on

Replies

• Options
    Finn and Han Solo seem to be your best choices

For rebels, you need GK or Chaze in order not to struggle, but shoretropper might work.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    Finn and Han Solo seem to be your best choices

For rebels, you need GK or Chaze in order not to struggle, but shoretropper might work.

I'm not looking for Arena so much as general purpose. I like my somewhat undergeared and understarred Empire/DN team lol. Doesn't do well in the meta, but it does well enough for me. But yeah, Finn or Solo is probably best. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Best bank for your zeta buck is zFinn. They will help massively in tb,gw,and tank raid. A g8 or g9 resistance can pretty much 6/6 any phase of TB with enough speed on poe and potency on the rest.
  • Options
    If you can get your Resistance sorted, Finn

Otherwise, if it will take a few weeks and you will be able to farm another, put it on Solo - he is useful everywhere and fits into any team (I run Phoenix on TB and swap Sabine for him, for example)
  • Options
    If this is best general purpose, 100% go Resistance and zeta Finn. They will help you tremendously in all aspects of the game. Gal War, PVP capable, they are pilots, HAAT raid gods, elite in TB...I think along with Phoenix they would be my choices to start farming for all newer accounts. You get all that and just need 1 zeta and mods don't have to be anything ridiculous and they don't even need to be max gear 12.
  • Options
    I’m going to echo the majority here and say Finn. Resistance squad is so much fun. Running the table without the other team taking a turn is a blast. You will be able to use resistance for most of GW, keeping your other squads fresh. They are great for TB and raids. ZFinn is simply too good not to take advantage of.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sorry guys. Already used the zeta. Good news though, it went on Finn! Need to get a couple abilities omega'd for the expose chance, but even w/ a 3* g6 (g7 now) Trooper, that stuff is crazy. Obviously not useful anywhere but GW atm, but I'm terrible at keeping on track farmwise, so hopefully I'm committed enough to do so now lol.

Was gonna put it on Solo but I was a few purple mats short, next one will go on him, unless something better comes or if CLS needs one (he has 3, I know, but it looks like he's still godly w/o a zeta)

Thanks for the help everyone :)
  • Options
    If you zeta Finn, who should fill out the rest of a Resistance team? Poe, Rey, R2, Trooper? Or do you need BB-8 to be effective?
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Jackets wrote: »
    If you zeta Finn, who should fill out the rest of a Resistance team? Poe, Rey, R2, Trooper? Or do you need BB-8 to be effective?

I've been using Poe, Pilot, Trooper, R2. I think it depends on what you're using them for (tank might need Rey for dps, for example), but as far as the expose stuff goes, Finn with those four are probably best. I don't have BB-8 so I can't comment on that, but Res were extremely effective before he ever came around anyway.
  • Options
    You did take the advice of most people here and you won’t regret it, especially when you build up your resistance team farther. Finn, Poe, and Trooper make up the core of your team. The rest are optional, but I strongly recommend pilot to be a third exposer. Rey is great for damage and to finish counterattackers. But B.B.8 is a great sub-in for her.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options
    I've been using BB8 in TB (with Finn/Poe/RT/Rey, saving R2 for rebel team) and he's a lot of fun. You can actually use his ultimate several times through the six waves.

His counter is kinda wasted though since the other team never attacks. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH