New Arena Rewards Idea

The more I play arena, both squad and fleet, the more I realize how much the AI is awful. If it wasn’t for horrible RNG, which if we are honest happens to everyone at least once in a blue moon, you shouldn’t lose on offense very often. We all have a major advantage when attacking and are at a huge disadvantage when being attacked.

For a while I have had an idea of receiving a small amount of crystals every time you win on defense. I think this would add an interesting dynamic to both arenas. It could work something like this, for each win on defense you receive 10 crystals, paid as a lump sum at your payout. Half of the challenge in arena is finding a team that can win on offense and not get completely buried overnight on defense. It’s impossible to tell how you team actually holds on defense because we don’t know how often we win or lose. By awarding crystals for wins on defense you’re at least allowing us to see how well our team fared that day. I think this would provide players with some extra crystal income without having to increase the payout of each rank. It would also create more opportunities for players to experiment with different teams in arena.

Now of course there is always the option to draw, in that case I would reward 5 crystals. Again your team was successful in holding rank but you didn’t win outright. These would be paid the same way but in a different lump sum so you can see if your team is hard to beat in 5 minutes or if your team is destroying people.

I think these two additions in both arenas would create a more rewarding and competitive experience. As well as provide a small amount of extra crystal income to the player base who have good defensive squads.

Replies

• Options
    I like it, but since crystals are their premium currency, they'd probably prefer to use something else. I do like the idea of knowing how my team holds up on defense though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    Seeing as we now know the Arena defense teams have their damage, if not other stats, modified I don't think they'd reward something they are already tweaking.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Since it got moved I am going to tag @CG_Kozispoon lol
  • Options
    Would be awesome, but I HIGHLY doubt they'll do this. At least not with crystals. I'll take 100 fleet tokens per defensive win, though.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    It is a good idea, but it is too easy to exploit. You can create an alt account, and attack your main over and over again, and if you lose every time your main will gain crystals everytime.
  • Options
    Ryan495678 wrote: »
    It is a good idea, but it is too easy to exploit. You can create an alt account, and attack your main over and over again, and if you lose every time your main will gain crystals everytime.

That would be highly unlikely as you would probably be placed in different shards.
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    Ryan495678 wrote: »

That would be highly unlikely as you would probably be placed in different shards.

True I did not think of that, but you can still work with your shard mates to help each other get more crystals