TW Constructive Feedback Thread

Prev1
  1. Increase rewards for bottom row. It gets ignored because no one wants to waste ships so they all focus top and middle. Or make the buffs for top and middle favor defense, but rewards are always more fun.
  2. The new officer tools look very helpful IMHO, although I don't know why the other officers in my guild did not deign to use them. Is there something I'm missing or is it just not apparent enough?
  3. Separate in game chat rooms would be great, so discussion about raids and tw and tb can be kept coherent.
  4. An element from tb where finishing one sector can give you buffs in another sector might make things more interesting.
  5. A bigger feature would be to have choices or customization for ai behavior, especially on defense. E.g. set a squad to focus fire on toons with a certain tag like Attackers. Or set a toon to prioritize one ability over another any time they are both off of cooldown.
  6. Very interesting mechanic that capital ships were not excluded from the one-use rule. I like it!
  7. It is unclear what happens when you kill a squad leader and lose, then go to fight them again. Which one is the new leader? I know it is probably same as GW but I'm not certain what happens there, either. Would be very great for both if there was some sort of definitive indication of the current enemy squad leader.

Fellow testers, please feel free to add to the list, or offer better suggestions! If you just want to complain, make your own thread! :trollface:

Replies

• One thing i had a hard time monitoring is who had had attacked and who hadn't... one sugestion to fix this i have is to add everyone registeted in TW to defensive banners & offensive banners on the status screen at zero... this way not only officers, but all guild members can see who has attacks left and a rough estimate by comparing defensive score to offensive score... not perfect but it would help immensely.

Overall great job guys! I love it! Rewards are sweet too... but not sweet enough to rot out our teeth... which is healthy so im happy! <3<3<3
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    One thing i had a hard time monitoring is who had had attacked and who hadn't... one sugestion to fix this i have is to add everyone registeted in TW to defensive banners & offensive banners on the status screen at zero... this way not only officers, but all guild members can see who has attacks left and a rough estimate by comparing defensive score to offensive score... not perfect but it would help immensely.

Overall great job guys! I love it! Rewards are sweet too... but not sweet enough to rot out our teeth... which is healthy so im happy! <3<3<3

I think the zero designation will be in the final release. Overall thought it was fun definitely not tournaments 2.0 like some were thinking. And not a time sink like TB even for officers.
  • Franimus
    128 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    1. Ability to sort squad list by power rating. Useful when I've already used my top squads and then a new sector opens up.
  • Franimus wrote: »
    1. Ability to sort squad list by power rating. Useful when I've already used my top squads and then a new sector opens up.

Some one mentioned that in another post and a dev responded so i think its a possibility
  • I would like to see offence squads/heroes being allowed to be re-used with their stats carry-forward if they survive an offensive attack.

The mechanics for TW is similar to GW, that defensive squads that survive keep the stats and carry-forward to a new offensive battle, and allow offensive squads to continue being used until they are no longer viable.
  • I would like to see offence squads/heroes being allowed to be re-used with their stats carry-forward if they survive an offensive attack.

The mechanics for TW is similar to GW, that defensive squads that survive keep the stats and carry-forward to a new offensive battle, and allow offensive squads to continue being used until they are no longer viable.

I disagree. That would make it so easy on offense. I think this way adds strategy to how you choose defensive squads and how you choose matchups on offense.
  • Did someone recognize a restriction for offense? Would it be possible to attack with a huge amount of even weak squads to win? As the damage done in a first attack remains for the defender.
  • Every successful defense should be rewarded some banners (5 or 10 banners, or even just 1 banner).
    I think this will lead to a more complex strategy and in the end these banners can make the difference.
  • Every successful defense should be rewarded some banners (5 or 10 banners, or even just 1 banner).
    I think this will lead to a more complex strategy and in the end these banners can make the difference.

Awesome idea and rly noteworthy.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    I would like to see offence squads/heroes being allowed to be re-used with their stats carry-forward if they survive an offensive attack.

I disagree. That would make it so easy on offense. I think this way adds strategy to how you choose defensive squads and how you choose matchups on offense.

I also disagree, don't want one sqaud killing 10 sqauds. It would ruin the whole thing
  • Ability to edit and move squads around before the lock is crucial.

@FitzChivalry makes a good point... defense is the best offense.

And a great defense could add a few more banners so that could break ties in future TW...

Idk how exactly to calculate it... but maybe if a defensive team wins it adds 5 banners
    If that same team defends twice it gets 10 and if it defends 3 times it gets 15 banners... etc...

Thst would definitely break like 99% of ties.
  • I kept thinking about the very first thing I posted about rewards or buffs, and I have to say I'm not too sure now what to recommend now that tw is over, if anything with that needs changed at all. Hopefully will get a better idea after next tw.
    I would like to see offence squads/heroes being allowed to be re-used with their stats carry-forward if they survive an offensive attack.

If you want something that looks like gw, plays like gw, and feels like gw, then play gw. Tw needs to be different from gw. Thanks for posting an idea though.
    Every successful defense should be rewarded some banners (5 or 10 banners, or even just 1 banner).

Hard to say whether defensive win banners would be best. Just like any other new game mode we all need to adjust our strategies. If guilds deploy better defenses then that resolves the tie just as well as more banners. Maybe.
    Berator wrote: »
    Did someone recognize a restriction for offense? Would it be possible to attack with a huge amount of even weak squads to win? As the damage done in a first attack remains for the defender.

I think turn meter also persists, so that would not help much. But if that is all you and they have left... This is where guild coordination comes in. About halfway through a lot of us were basically depleted but we still had members who hadn't attacked yet. So we asked them to take out specific squads so we could all move on. Ofc as time goes on players will recognize what they need to do without discussion.
    Spawn_88 wrote: »
    Ability to edit and move squads around before the lock is crucial.
    As mentioned in another thread, yes!
  • GREAT thread of feedback!

I'm probably a broken record at this point, but I want to remind everyone that Territory Wars, like Territory Battles will be a living feature and improvements are sure to come.

Great insights and lists!

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Agree w @FitzChivalry that maybe 1 banner per successful defense would be balanced. Some feedback on how your defense has performed would be nice
  • Jailwatcher
    151 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I loooooved the beta Territory Wars. It is a lot more engaging than Territory Battles as its not a simple wave of stormtroopers where once you have the team that wins, it never changes.

Note: also posted this in the mega thread in general.. but wanted to make sure it was part of the specific beta discussion also

Things I liked were:

Strategy: Depending on the defence they had set, there was not a "right or wrong" team to use, it varied for the team I was facing so was using some of my lesser teams on their lesser defence, better teams for better defenders.. And we had a couple of defenders where we had to send in two or three people to finish it.

Suspense: This helped that we were matched with a very similar GP guild (80 mil gp) but it was in the dying minutes we took the win by taking one of the last territories. We didn't even get the real rewards but I was really engaged and pumped to win in such a close war!

Matching Guilds: Sounds like we were lucky here as others didn't have this experience, but we were within a couple of mil GP which as said in the suspense, meant a great game. My guess is when live and the larger pool of guilds to match to the matching will be closer for all.

Not to much of a time sink:
    Setting defence took about 10 minutes, attacking took about 20 minutes (broken into approx 6 battles over a few times).. not to much for this type of mode

Things that may need work:

Rewards: Probably the only area that needs work as the difference between winning and losing did not seem huge.. Hopefully an area they will work on as they did with TB

Officer Tools: While being able to set orders is good, not knowing what territory they were set in is annoying. Am hoping a way to either go straight to the territory from the inbox message or a naming system to identify where the message is from could be implemented

All in all, I think its a great mode and is a LOT better than TB
  • I really enjoyed the beta, and the strategy of employing deep parts of your roster. This strategizing was definitely my favorite part. I thought of two potential ways to improve TW:

1) I didn't see why there needed to be a Join and Defensive Setup phase. Defensive setup is completely independent of your opponent, so I don't think we need to wait for the matchmaking to do that. I also think that setting defenses is done fairly individually and guilds will pre-coordinate where it isn't. It might as well be allowed for people to join and set their defenses.

The biggest benefit from this is territor wars could be cut down from three to two days, which would allow us to potentially fit two in between territory battles, which I think would be great.

2) Much more minor, but the battle lists would automatically refresh and send me back to the top as they were updated, so I would lose my place and what I was looking at. This was a minor inconvenience, but an annoyance that could be more prevalent with more activity. I think maybe just modifying the list to show a team as Defeated or something might be better than removing it from the list.
  • Joe_T97 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the beta, and the strategy of employing deep parts of your roster. This strategizing was definitely my favorite part. I thought of two potential ways to improve TW:

1) I didn't see why there needed to be a Join and Defensive Setup phase. Defensive setup is completely independent of your opponent, so I don't think we need to wait for the matchmaking to do that. I also think that setting defenses is done fairly individually and guilds will pre-coordinate where it isn't. It might as well be allowed for people to join and set their defenses.

The biggest benefit from this is territor wars could be cut down from three to two days, which would allow us to potentially fit two in between territory battles, which I think would be great.

2) Much more minor, but the battle lists would automatically refresh and send me back to the top as they were updated, so I would lose my place and what I was looking at. This was a minor inconvenience, but an annoyance that could be more prevalent with more activity. I think maybe just modifying the list to show a team as Defeated or something might be better than removing it from the list.

1) The reason from another post i read is that the amount of defensive squads you can assign is based on how many people register in the prevew.. Full 50 means you can assign 25 defensive squads, 40 registered would be 20 defensive squads
  • What will prevent one guild from placing one team on defense in each node, to starve the other team on banners? So they get all the victory banners and clear the board with all of the banners?

There has to be a 'clear first' victory award either huuuge amount of banners awarded, or immediate victory.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Rogee wrote: »
    What will prevent one guild from placing one team on defense in each node, to starve the other team on banners? So they get all the victory banners and clear the board with all of the banners?

There has to be a 'clear first' victory award either huuuge amount of banners awarded, or immediate victory.

Because setting defensive squads is 20 banners, victories are only 10 banners, but conquering territories is 700-1100+ banners. Setting one or no teams actually starves your own guild of banners.
  • Let edit the teams or delete one time deployed
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Every successful defense should be rewarded some banners (5 or 10 banners, or even just 1 banner).

@FitzChivalry makes a good point... defense is the best offense.

And a great defense could add a few more banners so that could break ties in future TW...

Idk how exactly to calculate it... but maybe if a defensive team wins it adds 5 banners
    If that same team defends twice it gets 10 and if it defends 3 times it gets 15 banners... etc...

Thst would definitely break like 99% of ties.

Will it also stop the offense tactic of throwing some rubbish toons in to get the defense to use up their specials?
  • Something I would like is the ability to see the details of my opponent's characters like in the Arena. That way I can see if they have a Zeta and the speeds of the characters.
  • Henckel wrote: »
    Something I would like is the ability to see the details of my opponent's characters like in the Arena. That way I can see if they have a Zeta and the speeds of the characters.

You can still look at character details before battling, nothing is different in that regard.

I really liked TW overall, but something needs to be done about how easy it is to tie. Granted, both the tw I took part in were very high GP matchups, their needs to be separation so that you actually feel accomplished for winning
  • Peempo wrote: »
    Henckel wrote: »
    Something I would like is the ability to see the details of my opponent's characters like in the Arena. That way I can see if they have a Zeta and the speeds of the characters.

You can still look at character details before battling, nothing is different in that regard.

I'm not able to see the character details. When I select a character portrait I get sent to the Select Attack Squad screen.
  • I think the number one thing i would say is give us a better interface for making squads.

Hear me out, what we have had up until now has been ok, its worked, but in TW you pretty much want to ahve all your toons in a squad, which would ideally mean you would want to sort your toons just like you do on the character screen.

Further to that it would be really nice if you could turn off the toons already assigned to a squad. With 134 toons to go through some tools to make up the squads would be pretty awesome.

• Overall I think this mode has way more potential than TB and for much less of a time sink.
    The thing I noticed that I think needs improvement is the squad select screen. For the first time, I am really using every single unit I have and trying to work out useful squad comps that are far beyond the couple (very similar) squad comps used in all the other game modes. I spend most of my time scrolling through my squad list trying to find specific toons when having some kind of filter would be far more useful. I think we could make room on the screen by drastically shrinking the portraits of the selected squad to make room for more than 2 columns and some filters (including faction & role). I know this isn't TW specific but while it was just a minor annoyance in the other modes, it seems like a much bigger deal here in TW because I'm really trying to create as many squads as I can.
  • Henckel wrote: »
    Peempo wrote: »
    Henckel wrote: »

I'm not able to see the character details. When I select a character portrait I get sent to the Select Attack Squad screen.

Long-click the portrait.

I find myself agreeing more with the need for rewards to scale based on banners. At least that way if there's a tie they both get good payout for all the effort.

I also second the note about squad selection needing more work especially due to tw.

And notifications somewhere, either inbox or chat, would be great at start of each phase.

There was also a lot of confusion even at the end of the 2nd tw about lockdown. I think that needs better communicated. Some guild mates had the wrong or no mods, making us unable to take down the very last squad.
  • BobaFettsEvilTwin
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Could be to do with the limited number of beta test spaces, but we've taken a pasting due to the match making. We fielded 8 players/8mil gp on the first run and 6 players/7.5mil gp on the second. Both rounds, we've faced off against teams of 6 players each with 2-2.5mil rosters. Not surprisingly, we got hammered on both counts.
  • I posted some thoughts on a new thread which hasn't been approved yet, so I'll add my thoughts here.

As people have said before, ties for both guilds fully conquering the map should result in both guilds getting the first place rewards. We spent the time and played through everything properly so we shouldn't be penalized for that. Implement other tie-breaking rules so this is less like to happen, but reward us for playing the game. Otherwise, guilds will colloborate and just set defense and stop in order for both guilds to earn second place rewards with no effort.

Speaking of tie-breaking, earning banners on defense is probably the easiest fix. It is unlikely that both guilds will have the exact same number of defense wins. Some other things that could prevent ties would be to increase the number of teams you can set on defense for each territory. For a 100M GP guild, it is very easy to set 200 teams on ground defense and still have over 400 teams available for offense. That will practically guarantee that all territories will be conquered. However, increasing the number of teams on defense means that there will be so many more attacks necessary which will drag out the game. Another option would be to limit the number of guild attacks available on offense. So you would have to manage your attacks to not use them all up. You can also add a time limit to battles like in arena that will also give strong defenses an advantage.

In terms of logging, I like the new stats, but I would like some improvements. As mentioned earlier in the thread, having all guild members listed with a 0 or blank value at start will make it easy to see who hasn't yet set a defense or attacked. Don't make me check off my own list to find out who is missing. Let me sort the list alphabetically so that if I want to track separately it will be easier to do. Please provide a battle log for all of the battles. I would like to know how my defense team did. Did it successfully defend? What team beat it? Maybe leave the completed battles in the territories so that you can look at the team that beat it and see what mods were used, etc. A replay video would be nice so that guildmates can offer critique and advice on attack strategy.

In the UI, I noticed that the battle log for each territory is blank if the territory was conquered while the app is closed. I went to sleep last night and when I woke up this morning and checked the status, a lot of territories were conquered on both sides, but the battle logs were blank.