Removing gear and ability materials at a cost

Edward
651 posts Member
edited November 2017
It happens sometimes that we mistakenly install gear and Zeta to characters that we didn’t intend to. For example, I put a Mk 6 CEC Fusion Furnace on JE by mistake.
V4kl8ud.png
Post edited by Edward on

Replies

• I'd... actually would kinda like that kind of thing.
  • Gear I think is a good idea but once a tier is reached you can't go back.

Not sure about ability mats.
  • It’s those kind of good ideas that don’t make money
  • I don't see it as a money thing. You've acquired the gear, it's yours. Whether it's on toon A or toon B - what's the difference?
  • I was so sure that this thread was going to be about zombies.
  • The can put a timer on it say 10 minutes.
  • Or have a "are you sure" to apply option that can be turned on or off
  • The can put a timer on it say 10 minutes.

More likely they would add a confirmation screen to be annoying.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Seems like people would exploit it so they wouldn’t have to farm gear for new toons and only have to have one or two geared up teams (for example: use an undergeared team for a tb mission, move gear to another team for another mission)
  • It could cost, say 10 or 50 crystals, wouldn't be too abused
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No thanks.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • You messed up. Deal with it.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Seems like people would exploit it so they wouldn’t have to farm gear for new toons and only have to have one or two geared up teams (for example: use an undergeared team for a tb mission, move gear to another team for another mission)

This^
  • Anton23
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't like this idea! Many people could take out gear from old characters to new one. Like switching mods. Why do I need to farm those gear? I can just take it from someone. That's bad. It will cause disaster in the game and ruin it!
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Put a hefty crystal price on it and it might happen.
  • Revi wrote: »
    Put a hefty crystal price on it and it might happen.

So give an advantage to whales who dont care about dropping crystals...

Dont like any aspect of the idea.. once you press equip thats it done
  • Plus one
  • Anton23 wrote: »
    I don't like this idea! Many people could take out gear from old characters to new one. Like switching mods. Why do I need to farm those gear? I can just take it from someone. That's bad. It will cause disaster in the game and ruin it!

What? How in the world would it ruin the game?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Anton23 wrote: »

What? How in the world would it ruin the game?

He gave the reason in the very comment you're responding to. It basically turns every 7*g12 roster into a 114(?)*g12 roster if you're willing to keep switching gear.
    It devaluates having a large roster.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Don't see how it devalues having a huge roster, would think it would have the opposite effect. I have a huge roster but most are under G8 G9 and completely useless. I also had my kid put gear on toons I had no intention of gearing and have other toons waiting for that gear.

It would be great to have the ability to move that gear to the correct too. At least once, doesn't have to be like mods.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    You messed up. Deal with it.

Hard proposition for those that spend a lot of cash on this game and have an unreversable error made on your account by your kids or family. I would gladly pay nicely to roll back a few gear levels, even if it meant losing the gear. This is the only game I have played that would not reverse mistakes or errors when a paying customer took the initiative to call customer service. I called customer service 2 times and was told it was not possible the first time, then was finally told "you can't prove it was a family member that was playing the account". Fair enough, but it cost them a whale, going f2p or maybe dolphin only from now on and will have to not let family share an account. I understand why, because if you do it for one, you have to do it for all.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Don't see how it devalues having a huge roster, would think it would have the opposite effect. I have a huge roster but most are under G8 G9 and completely useless. I also had my kid put gear on toons I had no intention of gearing and have other toons waiting for that gear.

It would be great to have the ability to move that gear to the correct too. At least once, doesn't have to be like mods.

when I say it devaluates having a large roster i obviously meant having many characters geared, not only having many characters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Don't see how it devalues having a huge roster, would think it would have the opposite effect. I have a huge roster but most are under G8 G9 and completely useless. I also had my kid put gear on toons I had no intention of gearing and have other toons waiting for that gear.

It devalues a huge roster, because having many characters and having gear on them is the goal, and if this changes was made it would make a person with less toons but the right gear able to keep up with a meta change or raids in the same way as a large roster as they could move it around as needed.

This game is a grind, you would basically negate the whole process.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Hybridplug wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    You messed up. Deal with it.

Hard proposition for those that spend a lot of cash on this game and have an unreversable error made on your account by your kids or family. I would gladly pay nicely to roll back a few gear levels, even if it meant losing the gear. This is the only game I have played that would not reverse mistakes or errors when a paying customer took the initiative to call customer service. I called customer service 2 times and was told it was not possible the first time, then was finally told "you can't prove it was a family member that was playing the account". Fair enough, but it cost them a whale, going f2p or maybe dolphin only from now on and will have to not let family share an account. I understand why, because if you do it for one, you have to do it for all.

I'd say that players that spend a lot of cash are least affected by not being able to un-equip and re-equip gear. Heck, it will have a negative effect on the spenders' competative advantage. (wich this thread is about) That is unless it's rediculously expensive ofcourse.
    From a business point of view it's better to lose one whale than lose all the income from players who aren't buying gear anymore because they can just re-equip gear on different toons. Maybe in your case they could have made an exception since you're a whale (based on the information you provided) without influencing their income negatively and keeping you as a high spending customer. It might cause a backlash, "whales get special priveledges" and what not, but i couldn't care less about that personally. I would probably care if i was a small spender though and i can understand that small spenders would have an issue with that.
    Your specific issue, zombi, and your solution for that particular issue has nothing to do with this thread though. Imo it's flawed game design when a characters is more usefull when said character is underdeveloped than whnen said character is maxed. That's the real issue, especially in a game in wich you can not remove gear. If they solve that issue, the issue this thread is about (not being able to un-equip and re-equip gear) will become a non-issue for you.
    Anyway, i'm with @swgohfan29 on this one. If you messed up, deal with it. If you're spending loads of money it's probably also wise to pay extra attention to what you're doing.