Ties based on both clearing shouldn't happen.

We cleared the map first and with more banners within 13hrs. The other team still needed to clear the bottom three nodes. Woke up this morning and they had finished the last nodes. And it's a tie? Frustrating.

Replies

• If that's the case then every guild should set all their defences, then do nothing else and collect the rewards a day later
  • Agreed. How can you both clear all challenges, max your banners, yet tie for "2nd place". Effectively we both lost?!
    Additional and exclusive banners should be available through some kind of challenge system to avoid this. Though it could be hard to implement something that doesn't benefit a guild based on their timezone and how many members they have online at particular time attack phase goes live.
    There is just so little incentive to progress beyond 600 banners with any guild that is half capable - because you'll both just " lose"!
  • How about some chewie shards to sweeten the tie? :o
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Seriously though... successful defensive teams should get 5 banners for defending... 10 for defending twice... etc... that would eliminate like 99% of ties... even if both guilds cleared the map.

Another idea is awarding a bonus of like 2-3 zetas or omegas or a single whole gear piece for clearing map. And if both teams clear map they both get the bonus.

As far as both teams getting 2nd place... picture this... a grassy field, a moonlight night, 2 samurai meet each other and know death is the only way they are leaving... both charge, a flash of steel, all goes red, each samurai is mortally wounded, but each has to much pride and honor to let the enemy see him die by the enemies hand... so they both commit seppuku simultaneously...

Thus both get 2nd place... but get the map clearing bonus.
    Post edited by Loose_Lee on
  • I agree, but even with defensive teams scoring, ties are possible. The idea that in a tie both teams effectively lose is broken. Both teams achieved maximum possible score and should receive maximum possible rewards.
  • hunchew wrote: »
    I agree, but even with defensive teams scoring, ties are possible. The idea that in a tie both teams effectively lose is broken. Both teams achieved maximum possible score and should receive maximum possible rewards.

looks like they found a way to actually make it so you have to put up a few decent defenders and not focus entirely on offense...
  • Award points for defensive wins and if a tie still results, then faster team wins - simple - done.
  • First team to finish is a horrible and inconsiderate way to determine it, sorry to say. Even those in same timezone have completely different schedules.

How about a separate tier of rewards for ties?
  • I think that once people know what they are doing this will only be a problem when Whale guilds fight each other.

People are prioritising offense instead of defence but your better off making your defensive teams as good as possible and then beating their defences with your second tier squads.

Whales vs Whale guild battles will still have a problem of too many draws because they have the roster depth to always clear out the opponents defences entirely. At a certain GP level they may need to increase how many squads per territory can be assigned to make sure peoples rosters are under some pressure.
  • If you clear the board, you should get a first place prize
  • Our guild beat a team by 10 banners all becuse we set 1 more defensive team both side cleared the table so if both sides can set max defense and still clear it will be tie everytime
  • Been thinking about this one a lot actually. The best I've come up with is very similar to what yasonfyehald suggests.

For every defensive win, you should be awarded some sort of score. Say 5-10 points. It would have to be overwritten if the offensive fully completes the board and defensive doesn't so that they can still come in 1st place. Otherwise if both teams fail to complete the board the most points wins and if both teams succeed in clearing the board the tie would solely come down to overall score being identical.

That would greatly lesson the odds of a tie ever happening without trying to hash out how to make this another overly time sensitive bit of mobile game play. We need to keep things as far as time down to a minimum. The 24 hour periods are the best overall fit as they allow the majority to go about their RL business without feeling like they HAVE to get in the game right this second. A mobile game should be more about a momentary escape from RL, not "How can I plan my RL around this mobile game.

The time crunch is starting to have many guilds lose members.
  • As said before by other members, I think that time shouldn't influence the result. The game is global and the start of the TW will be different in each part of the world, none of us can expect people to wake up in the middle of the night or skip work/school or a travel just to participate in TW without hurting the guild result.
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    If you clear the board, you should get a first place prize

I agree and if both teams clear, then both get 1st place prize.

BTW, I loved the samurai analogy and I get why the tie leads to 2nd place prize. However, in mobile gaming, ties in TW should result in 1st place.
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    If you clear the board, you should get a first place prize

I agree and if both teams clear, then both get 1st place prize.

BTW, I loved the samurai analogy and I get why the tie leads to 2nd place prize. However, in mobile gaming, ties in TW should result in 1st place.

Then both guilds could defend only one territory with only one team. Both would clear easily and take 1st place. You know they can talk to each other (on discord, etc.) during defense phase and plan this, right?
    I think in case of a tie both guilds should take 2nd place, but ties shouldn't happen so often/easily. Neither to win the first guild to clear is not an option nor correct.
    I just think successful defense should earn some banners, even just 1 banner per successful defense and that would be enough and correct to differentiate the winner. If it's still a tie after this then it's just bad luck for both guilds, but this will not happen that often IF you could get banners on defense too.

• Platzman
    284 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Any such agreement may be broken seconds before TW end by single win. Do you think that both sides would always behave and not attack/ setup +x defensive teams in last second? I don't know, I would not count on it...

Reward succesful defense is one option.
    More defensive teams is another option. Get it from 4 per member to 8 per member and then Tie would be much less probable. Currently it ends up with 20 toons per member defending against 100 per each enemy member, where end is inevitable..
  • My suggestion: the guild with lower GP wins in case of a tie. Nice and easy.

I'm curious how CG will handle agreements between guilds...
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • My suggestion: the guild with lower GP wins in case of a tie. Nice and easy.

I'm curious how CG will handle agreements between guilds...

There's nothing to agree when we're talking about 1st or 2nd place. War ON!