MK-V gold mod looking for an owner

I have just started this whole mod challenge business having so far three MK-V gold mods installed with the help of Gaming-Fans' guide. But now I got fourth one for which I haven't found a right guy. Here are the specs:

Shape: Processor (diamond)
Mod: Health
Primary: Defense
Secondaries: Protection, Potency, Offense, Critical Change

Is there anyone who could have this permanently without being changed off for something better later? Including the junk characters? If not, what about giving it to someone for temporarily? Who could it be? If I didn't want to change its owner all the time, a junk character could be a good choice just because there are much better characters to focus on. This way I wouldn't have to level it up quickly, but could keep upgrading it little by little to get the daily reward (2,250 coins per day isn't THAT bad for this purpose) and using the money to better characters. Or should I just give it to some of my top guys, level it fast and then giving it to someone else when getting better mod for that top guy?

Not really fancy of idea just selling it since it's only my fourth MK-V gold mod and those are quite hard to come by.

What do you think?

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    To answer part of the question, unequipping a mod is so cheap that I wouldn't sweat having to do it later at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Sell it because it's a terrible mod.

You want mods with speed secondaries. Potency, crit damage, and speed sets are the best.

If you are that new to mods and don't have very many, you can just stick it on someone who needs one. It's not hard to change it later.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    You probably won't be using that mod on your best guys down the road, but if you have guys that have an empty slot, you should equip it. The cost to remove it later is negligible. The biggest cost of upgrading a mod comes between levels 12 & 15, so if you don't have a lot of credits, you can take it to 12 without hurting yourself too much. You won't be getting the max benefit from set bonuses at 12, but until you have enough decent mods to have everyone fully equipped, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Definitely look for mods with speed secondaries, though. Speed isn't the only thing that matters, but it is very important.
  • Okay, thanks for the replies. :)
  • What I'm about to say will not be popular advice regarding mods.

I concentrated on the Mod Set bonus. It has been a huge help L15, 5 pip mods of the correct SET Bonus. Then, using the rating system to make sure my arena team has the very best rated mods of the correct set bonus. then go back to upgrade the mod rating of the lowest mod.

I now keep passing those down, while improving my arena mods when I come across a better rating. Pip is priority, then rating means more to me than primary stat, until I come across a Mod set with the primary I need that has a better rating. Level new 5pip mod, replace, repeat.

Once I had enough 5 pip, level 15 mods, of various stats... when an even cam up,TB, or pilots I had a large selection. Over the last few months, I have hundreds of 5pip Level 15 mods of various Primary stats and now it is easy to be very selective of the mod I level up.

I know it is expensive, and not efficient, but I felt (for me) it was more important to be able to slap 30 hand-me--downs on Phoenix squad to get Thrawn than not have any mods because I was waiting for the perfect mod. Get a couple hundred mods to L15 and keep passing them down until they are sold off.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • @Speedokillz That's exactly what I have been doing. I now have the majority of my roster with some sort of mods on them. Then as I replace mods I can re-assign them. It's helped me greatly in TB and in raids.
  • If nothing else you can put it on a pilot, the stats on mods are irrelevant for them.