When cls event come? [MERGED]

Replies

• i already said when it will return. August 2019
  • Coming soon! Dec 23!
  • Ywepii8 wrote: »
    Coming soon! Dec 23!

coming soon! Dec 5! Oh wait...........
  • If you Luke at the hint for the coming month, it’s clear as Sky who’s the Commander.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    I think they won't repeat R2. They need to contain the huge wave of CLSs that will rush the arenas when they'll repeat his event.

Some factors need to be taken into account: the community will erupt into a riot if they don't give another CLS within the year and there is already quite a lot of discontent for various matters. Plus, Jedi Rey is well locked behind the proverbial paywall, so only players which managed to farm the vets (usually veteran players which have a lot of crystals for refreshes) and shoppers which spent money on FO and the vets will unlock her (I still think that a lot of people which state they farmed the vets for free actually feel ashamed of admitting they spent some hundred on bundles, refreshes and shipments, but whatever).

I think they will be way less than the people which got CLS at the first event and Jedi Rey seems to be weaker than Luke. Sooooo, nope. I think they won't make R2 along with CLS this time.

So newer players shouldn't get the same chance as older players because of poor game design, i.e. that CLS is to powerful? I hope you are wrong and I guess we just have to wait and see but I think a lot of players will be disappointed if they don't get the same chance as the first installment of CLS.
  • Yes, nice word game :-)
    Luke event is already in production and every one wants him back for xmas.
    It fits perfectly ;-)
  • Except that it won’t be Christmas. The Recurring Event on the 23rd will be R2. You can’t panic farm R2 so they need to give everybody a chance to panic farm.
    Luke will be in January, maybe Dec 31st.
  • MajorP wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    I think they won't repeat R2. They need to contain the huge wave of CLSs that will rush the arenas when they'll repeat his event.

Some factors need to be taken into account: the community will erupt into a riot if they don't give another CLS within the year and there is already quite a lot of discontent for various matters. Plus, Jedi Rey is well locked behind the proverbial paywall, so only players which managed to farm the vets (usually veteran players which have a lot of crystals for refreshes) and shoppers which spent money on FO and the vets will unlock her (I still think that a lot of people which state they farmed the vets for free actually feel ashamed of admitting they spent some hundred on bundles, refreshes and shipments, but whatever).

I think they will be way less than the people which got CLS at the first event and Jedi Rey seems to be weaker than Luke. Sooooo, nope. I think they won't make R2 along with CLS this time.

So newer players shouldn't get the same chance as older players because of poor game design, i.e. that CLS is to powerful? I hope you are wrong and I guess we just have to wait and see but I think a lot of players will be disappointed if they don't get the same chance as the first installment of CLS.

New players shouldnt have access to chars that are way too op. They should use synergies before getting op Chars.
  • Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    MajorP wrote: »

New players shouldnt have access to chars that are way too op. They should use synergies before getting op Chars.

OK, so I have a full DS empire team, full old school rebels, full Resistance team, a full Jedi team and scoundrels. How many more synergy team do I have to own before I'm "entitled" to have the same chance to unlock CLS as players who started, let's say early 2017? As I barely missed R2 7 stars the first time. CLS is also required in TB.

@Th3Ch40t1C I don't think we will agree on this. I think it's only fair if we get the same chance as older players and you don't
    Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »

OK, so I have a full DS empire team, full old school rebels, full Resistance team, a full Jedi team and scoundrels. How many more synergy team do I have to own before I'm "entitled" to have the same chance to unlock CLS as players who started, let's say early 2017? As I barely missed R2 7 stars the first time. CLS is also required in TB.

@Th3Ch40t1C I don't think we will agree on this. I think it's only fair if we get the same chance as older players and you don't

Show me your collecrion on swgoh.gg
    https://swgoh.gg/u/flashfighters/collection/
    This is mine. And if you have a full empire team, you could have gotten R2D2 the last time already. If you didnt have them 7* last time, it is not my fault, but yours. You saw the R2D2 event 2 or even 3 times since you joined, so dont tell me you didnt have time.
    Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »

If every new player had access to all the op chars, then the whole arena would look like in the top 100. also, people who played longer have a higher chance of acquiring those characters. What would the advantage of older players be if everyone had the same chances? That is exactly how these games work. The longer you play ==> the better your collection & chances on events will become
  • Th3Ch40t1C
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Also, about him being required in TB: i doubt that after half a year of playing you would be able to complete any of those special missions.
  • What level are you anyways? About level 60? You cant even have the gear level on the chars that would be required for r2d2 event
  • I only got R2 5* the first time round but I had every other toon required by pure luck, old Ben from Yoda event, st Han from scoundrels, Leia cos I ran rebels and fb Luke had been sat at 6* but had him at 7* by the event for a while.

I have R2 cos I prioritised him so I understand if they don't do another event for him yet, if you didn't see CLS become immediately important to your roster and start to farm that's on you.

I only started in March so would've been very lucky to get CLS first time around but I'm on every day, doing Hpit, working towards HAAT, getting zetas and I think we're due a shot pretty soon.

Oh and I'm level 85, 28 7* toons. Not really worried about TB but for heroic raids and arena he's a game changer.

https://swgoh.gg/u/j0w0k/collection/
  • Suggestion: Why can't events be entered early once all requirements are met? Say pay 100 crystals to access any special event early? That way as soon as you meet the requirements you could jump right to it?

I'm hoping that they update the yoda and palp events so that once you complete them it draws a new legendary event you haven't 7* the toon. Those two events being on the calendar are meaningless to me as I 7* them months ago. Or add a bonus mission to those events that gives zetas.

I'm overall ok with the 3 month cadence on thrawn and the like since they're meta but not game breakingly essential like cls. Normally for me I need those 3 months to get the required toons up to snuff anyway.

Cls just went too far by penalizing entire guilds for not having 50/50 cls and not have cls return every month exponentially increasing a guild level punishment. I'm ok if my choices of what to farm/not farm impact me negatively when new meta characters are released, not ok that I'm directly punished for the farming choices of my guildies.
    Suggestion: Why can't events be entered early once all requirements are met? Say pay 100 crystals to access any special event early? That way as soon as you meet the requirements you could jump right to it?

I'm hoping that they update the yoda and palp events so that once you complete them it draws a new legendary event you haven't 7* the toon. Those two events being on the calendar are meaningless to me as I 7* them months ago. Or add a bonus mission to those events that gives zetas.

Paying to play events is a pretty darn good idea...most everyone has already paid something to get to the point of being ready for a major event anyway.

And as you say, it'd be awesome to replay those events you've already successfully played for zetas or even character shards all over again for the shard shop!
  • be it be it be! now be it!Cls !!!!!
  • I would love to know the date for when the next cls event is going to Return, I've been waiting since I had missed the last one and I'm now ready for whenever it may return.
  • lol at the comments re R2.... its certainly not going to be R2 on the 23rd of December. Its there in black and white. CLS is returning - you only have to look at the events calendar. Hope you guys are ready to take CLS to level 85 g12 with zetas quickly.
  • As the title states any thoughts on when we will see CLS again?
    Finally finished that terrible old ben grind , geared my toons. Anxiously waiting
  • Don't know. Nobody has thought to ask so the they never had to give an answer......
  • Next week.

Seriously, given the teaser we got in the recent update, and where the second blank event falls on the event calendar, I'd put a very high likelihood that Luke's Journey is returning just after Rey's ends, next Friday or Saturday.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • farqs wrote: »
    lol at the comments re R2.... its certainly not going to be R2 on the 23rd of December. Its there in black and white. CLS is returning - you only have to look at the events calendar. Hope you guys are ready to take CLS to level 85 g12 with zetas quickly.

No cls already returned on dec 5 right?
  • How do you know?
    How do you know?

I presume this because with the help of the dates and to have a recurring event I assumed that EA will return with the cls at Christmas, this site reinforces what I say:

https://swgohevents.com
  • That date is not so sure.But I hope that December 23 is the return of the event.
    That date is not so sure.But I hope that December 23 is the return of the event.

I put it on December 25 along with a thoughtful emoji, it's in December that I speculated, the day is the least important.
  • Raindragon
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Logost wrote: »
    Ywepii8 wrote: »
    How do you know?

I presume this because with the help of the dates and to have a recurring event I assumed that EA will return with the cls at Christmas, this site reinforces what I say:

https://swgohevents.com

The owner of that site confirmed on FB that he made it up (was originally posted as Dec 5) but after he got slammed about it, he updated it to show a range of dates (still no proof). I took pics of the conversation, but can’t seem to post them

Edit: here link to Imgur
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • nothing is confirmed yet but my guess(and hopes) is that requiring event on 23rd is cls or LHJ what ever you like more might also happen 23rd daring droid, 24th lukes HJ we will see shortly. Christmas is for presents after all right?