When cls event come? [MERGED]

Replies

• This post will be moved and burried in a subforum
  • TheShadow1983
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Dok wrote: »
    This game wouldn't be any fun if everyone got every character immediately. I missed CLS the first time, but now it'll be all the sweeter when I get him. Yes, it's designed to make them money. Paying players get an advantage, as they should. But everyone has the ability to eventually get everything they want through normal gameplay. Money just takes a lot of the grind away. While grinding isn't the most enjoyable thing, it does feel good getting those things unlocked without having to spend money (I almost sound like that infamous reddit post now lol). The same can't be said for many other mobile games. Patience is a virtue.

And I don't mind spending money but when it costs $300 plus for a digital toon (x2 in this case)to get a toon that may or may not be relevant I have a problem with that. This is based on pure greed. If this game didn't have Star Wars attached to it, it would have folded a long time ago.
  • Devs said soon
  • When is the anniversary?
  • December 5thish
  • Anniversary is on 24th November, hence the double drops:

Double Drops!
    Make mine a double. In celebration of the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes 2nd anniversary, please enjoy global double drops from 11/24/17 to 11/25/17! Also, be sure to check your inbox on November 22nd for a special gift from the Galaxy of Heroes team (Please note this will not be live until Client Restart)!
  • latest?cb=20160123132950

Yay!!!!! Just saw this. Been spending months and resources prepping. I was hoping we'd get him before all the new stuff from the last Jedi comes out.
  • It's only ever come once, and since then Thrawn has come up three times. Just curious, since they're both "extremely rare" events.

By the way, I love the updates. Great work.
  • 1 year :p
  • Never. At least that is what it feels like...
  • We know as much as you know at the moment :(
  • Kozi said "Soon". I'd say December, maybe before TLJ. If not, early January.
  • Soon, August... Who knows
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • Soon lmaoooooo
  • I would hope before new years but if its longer than that it is what it is. Palpatine took a long time to comeback.
  • In 40 days & 40 nights
  • It's only ever come once, and since then Thrawn has come up three times. Just curious, since they're both "extremely rare" events.

By the way, I love the updates. Great work.

This is false. Thrawn is a legendary event with unlock at 5*. CLS is a hero’s journey with unlock at 7*. Think of it as some mythical epic event. Not the same category at all.
  • Probably before the end of the year. All companies are pushing for that end of year revenue to look fancy for their shareholders
  • How soon does soon mean 10 days 3 months?
  • Love it

• TVF
    36570 posts Member
    f60eeb047ee0678aab14a6c1318791e4--dark-helmet-funny-cute.jpg
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I really hope cls is back by next week. I'm a little peeved that the new TW event can put you against CLS teams to highlight suggested defensive teams. Like thanks devs I already knew cls was stupid good, that's why I want him back before TW.

Cls was already a nightmare on node 12 of GW, let's not make TW the new excercise in frustration.
  • latest?cb=20160123132950

@CG_Kozispoon please stop teasing us! A lot of us have put in the work to be ready. It's time to bring him back before the focus shifts to Last Jedi content. Come on, it's silly delaying it.
  • read somewhere it was December 5th but cant remember where n cant guarantee thats correct but I am hoping it is
  • They need to figure out another game breaker character before trasforming the game into "Star Wars Galaxy of CLS". Basically every team in the game will be a cls team if they make another hero's journey, so they need to release another broken toon (Rey) to balance the cls spam that will happen if they repeat the event. They will probably release old Grey jedi luke as well with the movie, so another toon which is very likely to be totally broken. Soooo let's simply wait and see.
  • @Captain_Apollo I completely agree with ya as well. :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Drazhar wrote: »
    They need to figure out another game breaker character before trasforming the game into "Star Wars Galaxy of CLS". Basically every team in the game will be a cls team if they make another hero's journey, so they need to release another broken toon (Rey) to balance the cls spam that will happen if they repeat the event. They will probably release old Grey jedi luke as well with the movie, so another toon which is very likely to be totally broken. Soooo let's simply wait and see.

My money is on lightsaber Rey with a basic that applies daze (full counter to cls) and expose (can't evade or resist if tagged anything other than resistnce) with a special that is an aoe & daze expose on a 2 turn cd. Unique that gives team offense up, advantage, crit chance & damage up, 65% tm, and foresight for 5 turns whenever an enemy is damaged from expose. Nothing says "fun" like making finn led resistance the only meta team.

Also: they will release cls 1 week prior to new rey coming to the game so everyone will still blow tons of crystals madly farming gear for cls only to have him instantly obsolete by the time everyone gets him to g11 and have to frantically shift to rey. With the shipments revamp that's the ideal event cadence, give people just enough time to gear up cls thinking they have a meta toon but not enough time to truly use said toon before having to farm the new meta.