Zeta of K-2SO

Hi together
I checked out the zetas from the rogue one team and i have a question.
What is the difference between "recovers protection" (Han) and "gains max protection" (K-2)?
I think recovers 5% prot. is clear but what does "max protection" means? Does it means the same with different words? I don´t think so.
If i receive max protection then i only will have the benefit of that if K-2SO reach again his full protection back + the gained max protection.
Or do i understand something wrong here?

In combination with zeta Jyn, K-2SO will recover 5% protection for every buff he gets, but i don´t think that he will recovers his full protection back during a fight. So zeta K-2SO seems to be senseless.

It would be great if some RogueOne players bring some light onto this story.
Thanks GOH-Freaks

Here the official discription:

K-2SO:
K-2SO gains 1% max protection whenever he takes damage

Stormtrooper Han:
Whenever Han takes damage he recovers 5% protection

Replies

• Options
    When K2 starts a match, he has a certain protection level, referred to as max protection. Let's say this is 50k. If he gains 1% max protection, he is now at 50,500 max protection. Another 1% gain puts him at 51,005 max protection. This does not mean he currently has that. But when coupled with someone that can heal protection (like Jyn zeta lead, or HYoda), you can now heal him up to that new value.

STH, on the other hand, gets hit, and then gains 5% protection regeneration after the hit. His total allowable protection stays the same, though.
  • Options
    You are correct. K2's zeta only allows the Max amount of protection to increase but doesn't give it to him. You would need something else for him to recover protection like jyn's zeta or thrawn's special
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Max protection refers to the total protection pool.

So let's say he starts with 50,000 protection, gaining 1% would put his total at 50,000, but the percentage his bar is at won't change until it's filled by an effect such as Jyn's zeta leadership.

It is a similar mechanic to abilities that affect max health, such as Darth Nihilus' Annihilate.
  • Options
    I believe it increases his maximum protection only. So he starts out with say 30k, takes a hit, now has 30,300 protection. If he recovers protection it would be X% of his max.

I would personally LOVE to run the light side droids with zetas on KS, both of R2's, BB's Self Preservation, and Chopper. I'd like to try them under a zJyn lead, Ackbar, and yes Lobot.
  • Options
    Based on the descriptions, here is how it should work.
    Say K2 has 20000 protection when the match starts. This is his max protection. Assume every enemy hit does 1000 damage.
    1. An enemy shoots him. His MP increases by 1% to 20200, but his protection bar is at 19000 due to the damage.
    2. Another hit. His MP increases another 1% to 20402, but his protection bar is now 18000.
    3. Third hit, MP up to 20606, P is 17000
    4. Fourth hit, MP=20812, P=16000
    5. And so on

But what happens when you pair him with zJyn? K2 almost always counter-attacks and gains taunt when damaged. Taunt triggers zJyn 5% protection regeneration.
    1. MP=20200, ProtRegen=5%*20200=1010, P=20000-1000+1010=20010
    2. MP=20402, PR=1020, P=20030
    3. MP=20606, PR=1030, P=20060
    4. MP=20812, PR=1041, P=20101
    5. etc
    K2's protection regen increases every time he gets damaged if he regains Taunt, under zJyn.

Now say zStHan has 20k protection. Every time he gets damaged, he regains 1k protection.

That's how it should work. How it actually works is anybody's guess.
  • Options
    Hey wow. Now i understand. Thank you very much folks!!!
  • Options
    So I have it. It does increase his protection pool but it does also seem to recover protection even without Jyn. I have seen this when running him in P3 AAT without zJyn lead where he basically lost all protection but then started to slowly gain it back.

If you read the character strategy it clearly states that he recovers protection when hit.

I'll try to back this up in GW tomorrow if I get the chance.

For the record I also have zJyn lead which is the obvious place to use it but I would say there are much better zetas.
  • Salsc
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Greetings,

Does the max protection gained by K-2SO continue across multiple encounters? (i.e. phase 1-6 of territory battles) If so it would mean protection would get a healthy boost during early encounters against weaker opponents and make him really strong in later phases. Trying to confirm to decide what to do about my LSTB Phase 6 R1 team...

Regards,
    Salsc