Can we get EA on the same page across games?

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited November 2017
Just reading this update from EA on Battlefront 2 clearly shows the disconnect for its players across its games and platforms. As a player, it would be something truly wonderful to get the same level of treatment and respect as players of console games. Why is there such a massive PR difference amongst your entities? I’m truly trying to rule out financial impacts, as that should never be used to gauge and drive proper customer relations (in a perfect world).

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/pre-launch-update

https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/star-wars-battlefront-ii-microtransactions-go-offline-until-ea-can-make-changes/
SnakesOnAPlane
Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on

Replies

• I mean, they are entirely different studios. Think about EA like the United States. Each state is a studio. California is very different than Texas.

Corporate only has so much power to activrly wield when it comes to things like how studios interact with players.
  • You had to go there. LoL but I was thinking the same. If we all stuck together we would have a bigger voice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to better sub forum.

The market will open back up there, just give it time.
  • Agreed @SnakesOnAPlane completely, I think it's because abusive pricing models are the norm in freemium games, so it's viewed as par for the course. I wish Disney had some idea how bad this game suckers kids into gambling as well
  • The idea that EA has different areas of it’s business that doesn’t know what the other is up to isn’t new but it doesn’t mean the issue of how our game is treated by them doesn’t need to be addressed as well.

There are a great many players such as myself that have made a commitment to the game in time, effort and money. It seems that the further into the game we go the more they are asking us to give of these things and without needed improvements we have asked for.

Mobile games are a large part of EA’s revenue and it should be treated on par with all other platforms and have the numerous outstanding issues addressed.

Why does it take such a massive outpouring of negative commentary to move you? Why not listen to your very dedicated player base before SWGoH has a similar outpouring? Why wait until Disney’s CEO calls your CEO and Mainstream media puts you in a bad spotlight?

What will it take to get you to listen to us?
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »
    I mean, they are entirely different studios. Think about EA like the United States. Each state is a studio. California is very different than Texas.

Corporate only has so much power to activrly wield when it comes to things like how studios interact with players.

What?!?
  • Maegor wrote: »
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    I mean, they are entirely different studios. Think about EA like the United States. Each state is a studio. California is very different than Texas.

What?!?

Exactly! This individual is clearly clueless to reality. Corporate always has final say. End of story. They aren’t democracies. LOL!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • It will be interesting to see how the international jurisdictions handle this case, they are going into uncharted waters for a mobile game that could have a far reaching impact on these types of games.
  • It is wrong period that most all gaming corporations are greedy. It all started from older games and the black market of currency, etc...then those player saying hey your missing out on millions. Guess what they did listen. Other mobile games out there making over 400 million in first year of release on free download game. Now believe it or not it causing not only unfair advantages however it is actually causing a gambling addiction effect too. It will get fixed once people stop paying or stop playing all together. However, I fear it is to late because of the addiction it has caused. Now to have to buy a game then pay more money for advantage, looks, updates, etc...is wrong. So gamers when is enough of this. When is pay to play better than skill and actually causing skill players to buy to keep up with the pace. Enough is enough!
  • YES! Aside from starting a change.org and sending it to Disney or Mrs. Kennedy directly, asking them to hold EA accountable for ALL star wars games, perhaps addressing our concerns under this pretext will give us a voice! I don't mind paying for somethings but when you are essentially gambling for an unknown quantity and putting characters behind either a 2 year or 300 pay wall, it's hopefully time that EA and CG listens to the fan base. This is a freemium game, but can we get back to a sensible medium in character and shard cost versus gouging us dedicated players.
  • It's almost like Dice really values their players and wants to provide a positive experience.
  • Its ridiculous. Pay for a chance to get 5 or more shards or pay to maybe get shards for the character you want is absolutely gambling. They need to remove it from this game. If they want to price new characters at 300$ a pop thats fine with me. I would rather that than their current approach of addicting you to the shard pull. Right now thats the only game as everything else is “auto”. This needs to change and we need to either pressure the game developer or petition esrb or our legislature. Just search for change.org lootboxes and you’ll see what i mean
  • Peempo wrote: »
    Agreed @SnakesOnAPlane completely, I think it's because abusive pricing models are the norm in freemium games, so it's viewed as par for the course. I wish Disney had some idea how bad this game suckers kids into gambling as well

Agreed. At some point Disney will have to set guidelines to prevent the SW community from being exploited. Yes, the content is great and I don’t mind paying for great content, but there is a line between fair business and abusive practices.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Peempo wrote: »
    Agreed @SnakesOnAPlane completely, I think it's because abusive pricing models are the norm in freemium games, so it's viewed as par for the course. I wish Disney had some idea how bad this game suckers kids into gambling as well

I'm sure they are aware. They just don't care. Same thing as tobacco companies with smoking. All they see is profit, and will do what they think will earn them the most profit. They will only cut back when players fight back enough to the point where they see a loss in profit. I personally cut back on spending cause I don't feel that CG/EA cares about what the community wants enough so as a paying consumer I don't feel respected enough. I only see them making adjustments to territory battles (except that platoons are still skewed a ton needing too many lobots on final day,and new first order ships). There have been many things asked time and time again that have not been implemented. This includes ticket counter correction, buff/debuff spam taking up the whole screen so you can't see whom has what buffs or debuffs half the time, and in ships this still means we often can't select which ship we want to (camera angle seems to be an issue as well), mod sets, ability to spend more than 1 group of ally points at a time (they fixed this for training droids). I find it absurd that these issues all still exist, and I have been told some have been fixed for a while in the Developer version of the game. Some of them are not a lot of work either to implement. I also don't appreciate the gross bias towards some factions over others. Droids (especially Grievous), bounty hunters, and separatists have been among the most requested factions for a rework for over a year, but we keep getting additions/reworks of factions few ask for or more rebels that no one asks for. I wish microtransactions had never come into gaming, but it is what it is, and this has become the norm now.
  • I hope most models move to subscriptions after in apps get burnt out.