Minor account problem

Is it possible to get my son's account changed from a minor account to a normal account? I didn't realize when I set it up there would be no game chat or ability to change your account name. With territory battles this makes it a little unfair for him, in that he is unable to communicate and coordinate with his guild or receive instructions. I know in my guild the people that dont communicate get thrown out.

I understand the reason the restrictions are set on a minor account, but as a parent willing to accept full responsibility for my son's account and supervise his playing, I don't see a reason to limit the account. I called customer service and they revered me to the forums

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately no there is no way to change this.

The new tools which will be released soon will help mitigate this issue as they are directly on the playing field and should be visible to him and allow him to follow instructions. His communication will still be limited unfortunately.
  • Options
    Has the account been linked to iOS Game Center or Google Play ID?
  • Options
    Its an linked to our Apple account on the ipad.
    It's ridiculous given the amount of censorship used In The chat feature already.
  • Options
    I don't believe there is no way to change this. If developers have the ability to clone accounts over new ones, and modify accounts, they should be able to alter the settings for an account, if they can't then they don't see like capable developers or whatever their actual job description is.
  • Options
    Log in via another iDevice. There’s a good chance you might trigger the FTUE and you can then change the age.
  • Options
    I don't own any other Apple devices.