Rise of The Galactic Empire

MasterQuinanVos
119 posts Member
edited November 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Because (a) I'm bored (b) I love the Empire (c) they should be better than they are in game and (d) I'm very VERY bored...

It's about time the Galactic Empire rose from the ashes to take its rightful place as the dominant force and foremost military power in the Galaxy (of Heroes) and rule the Arena with an Iron Fist!

The Rebels have had their time to shine and now its time to end to their tyranny...

VADER

In essence, this Vader is the Dark Side equivalent of Commander Luke Skywalker, complete with an unashamedly OP and versatile kit which includes Turn Meter manipulation, powerful debuffs, a new personal buff, a lot of DPS and a powerful Leader ability to unite the Galactic Empire as a Faction and make it a force to be reckoned with, as it should be.

Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)

Character Description:

Ruthless Attacker who dominates through Fear and Turn Meter manipulation

Affiliation:

Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Attacker

Subjugate (BASIC)

Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and remove 40% Turn Meter. If the enemy is debuffed, inflict Stun for 1 turn. If the target is not debuffed, inflict Daze and Buff Immunity for 2 turns.

Force Choke (SPECIAL)

Deal Physical Damage to target enemy, dispel all buffs and inflict Fear for 2 turns; then deal damage an additional time for each of the following; if the target is:

- Rebel
- Debuffed
- Above 25% Turn Meter
- Below 75% Protection

Fear: -50 Speed, can’t gain buffs, can’t score Critical Hits, receive damage equal to 20% of their Max Health when damaged. Starts on Cooldown. (Cooldown: 4)

Power of the Force (SPECIAL)

Remove 15% Turn Meter from all enemies and inflict Daze for 2 turns, then deal Physical Damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs. Vader then gains 15% Turn Meter for each debuffed enemy. (Cooldown: 3)

Weapon of the Empire (UNIQUE)

Vader gains ‘Weapon of the Empire’ for 1 turn at the beginning of an encounter and whenever he scores a Critical hit. (ZETA:Whenever Vader scores a Critical Hit he is Cleansed of all debuffs and all enemies lose 10% Turn Meter. This cannot be Resisted.)

Weapon of the Empire: +35% Offense, +75% Counter Chance, +100% Tenacity, +50% Defence, +25% Critical Chance.

It Is Useless to Resist (UNIQUE)

Vader gains 35% Turn Meter when damaged. Debuffed enemies have -25% Critical Chance and lose 5% Turn Meter whenever Vader takes a turn. (ZETA: Whenever Vader uses a Special Ability or an enemy fall below 100% Health, reduce the cooldown of Force Choke by 1 turn.}

The Empire Strikes Back (LEADER)

Imperial allies gain +50% Defence, +25% Offence and +15 Speed. Whenever an Imperial Unit is damaged, they regain 10% Protection and gain 15% Turn Meter. When Critically Damaged, Imperial Units gain an additional 10% Turn Meter and Defence Up for 2 turns.

STATS

Health: 28,878
Protection: 31,012
Speed: 150
Physical Damage: 3171
Armour Penetration: 157
Physical Critical Chance: 43.9%
Armour: 25.2%
Potency: 25%

rogue-one-darth-vader-ending-scene.jpg

GENERAL TAGGE

Tagge is the Imperial R2-D2, and the ultimate Empire Support toon; boosting ally Stats, neutralising his enemies and offering a lot of Support. Whilst R2 conceals himself and protects his allies (both passively and with Smokescreen), Tagge reverses this and exposes his enemies; empowering his allies to crush their opponents. As a proponent of Imperial efficiency and a keen statistical analyst; obsessed with strength through numbers and unswerving resourcefulness, it rings true to Tagge’s character that he functions as a Support focussed on boosting statistics and amplifying combative effectiveness. He is one of my favourite Imperial high flyers; Head of the Imperial Army, Heir to TaggeCo. Industries and a key member of the Joint Chiefs of the Galactic Empire.

General Tagge

Character Description:

Practical Imperial Support who dispels enemy buffs and amplifies the effectiveness of Imperial allies.

Affiliations:

Dark Side, Empire, Support

Resourceful Incursion (BASIC)

Deal Special Damage to target enemy, with a 90% chance to inflict Stun for 1 turn. If this is Resisted, Imperial allies gain 10% Turn Meter and regain 5% Protection.

Might of the Imperial Armada (SPECIAL)

Inflict Stun on target enemy for 2 turns and call all allies to assist, dealing 25% less damage. Imperial allies gain 10% Turn Meter for each Critical Hit scored by this attack. (Cooldown: 4)

Neutralise (SPECIAL)

Dispel all enemies of all buffs. Imperial allies gain Offence Up for 2 turns and 25% Turn Meter. (ZETA: Whilst this ability is available, Tagge gains 5% Turn Meter whenever an enemy gains a buff.) (Cooldown: 3)

Chief of the Imperial Army (UNIQUE)

Whilst General Tagge is alive, Imperial allies have +10% Offence, +10% Critical Chance, +10% Max Protection and +15% Armour Penetration. ( ZETA: Whilst any Imperial Attacker is active, Tagge has +75% Counter Chance and +35% Counter Damage.)

STATS

Health: 31,428
Protection: 40,991
Speed: 138
Special Damage: 5,003
Resistance Penetration: 144
Special Critical Chance: 37.5%
Armour: 30.2%
Potency: 45%

latest?cb=20130221010727

MAS AMEDDA

Mas Amedda is a very overlooked character, despite being one of the key players in the Empire and appearing regularly in any extended universe Canon material (Comics, books etc..) where the Empire or the Emperor himself are concerned. He is a very interesting character and one who has seen a lot; by Palpatines side since his time as Senator of Naboo, Chancellor of the Republic and Emperor of the Galaxy; and even beyond Palpatines death. Although not a fighter, Amedda is a man of keen intelligence and resourcefulness and offers his full unwavering support to Palpatine in all matters and believes in the Imperial dream. Hence his abilities mostly being intent on sustaining Imperial allies, specifically the Emperor himself. Ameda is one-quarter of the Imperial triumvirate which maintain the Galactic Empire: Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin and Amedda.

Grand Vizier Mas Amedda

Character Description:

Shrewd Imperial Support who quickly shuts down his enemies and sustains his allies

Affiliations:

Dark Side, Empire, Support

Grand Viziers Command (BASIC)

Remove 50% Turn Meter from target enemy. If the target is Taunting, dispel all buffs. If the target Resists this attack, Imperial allies gain 10% Turn Meter and regain 5% Protection.

Imperial Emissary (SPECIAL)

All allies are dispelled of all debuffs and gain 40% Turn Meter. Imperial allies regain 25% Protection and gain Speed Up for 2 turns. If Palpatine is present, he gains an additional 25% Turn Meter and resets all Cooldowns. (Cooldown: 4)

The Emperor’s Intermediary (SPECIAL)

Inflict Daze and Ability Block on all enemies for 2 turns and remove 25% Turn Meter. Palpatine gains 50% Turn Meter and regains 40% Max Protection. (Cooldown: 4)

Head of the Imperial Ruling Council (UNIQUE)

Whilst Amedda is active, Palpatine and Amedda have +50% Defence, +25% Max Protection and +20 Speed. Mas Amedda gains Foresight for 2 turns whenever Palpatine takes a turn. (ZETA: Whenever Mas Amedda takes a turn, Palpatine gains Foresight for 2 turns and one random ally is dispelled of all debuffs and gains 15% Turn Meter.)

STATS

Health: 29,721
Protection: 33,382
Physical Damage: 2013
Physical Critical Chance: 17.5%
Defence: 20.2%
Potency: 23%
Tenacity: 51%
Speed: 141

latest?cb=20140530102439

AGENT KALLUS

Agent Kallus is a very interesting and popular character from the Rebels animated TV Series who switches allegiance and defects to the Rebellion from the Empire; trading his position as a top ISB Agent in the Galactic Empire to a double agent (Codename Fulcrum) and member of the Rebel Alliance.

Although interesting from a character development perspective, it’s also interesting in relation to SWGOH as it provides a unique (and as yet unexplored) opportunity to create a toon with factional duality; reflecting the journey of Kallus himself from dedicated ISB agent to a man with "the heart of a Rebel"

As an Imperial, he was an enforcer; trained as a field agent to keep the populace under control and prevent Rebellions from forming or succeeding. As a Rebel, he was an informant, intent on protecting his allies and keeping them safe and one step ahead of the Empire. So, It’s important to reflect this I believe in his Kit and try to strike a balance between an Attacker and a Support.

Agent Kallus (Fulcrum)

Character Description:

Versatile Support who passively boosts allies and crushes his enemies with a powerful AOE

Affiliations:

Light Side, Empire, Rebel, Support

Modified J-19 Bo-Rifle (BASIC)

Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Defence Down for 2 turns. On a Critical Hit, Kallus gains Protection Up (40%) for 2 turns. If Kallus already has Protection Up (40%), grant it to a random ally who doesn’t have it for 2 turns.

Collaborate (SPECIAL)

Call target ally to assist, then deal Physical Damage to target enemy. If the Assisting ally is an Imperial, they deal 50% more damage and inflict Stun and Defence Down for 2 turns. If the Assisting ally is a Rebel, they gain 50% Turn Meter, reduce all Cooldowns by 1 turn and regain 35% Protection. (Cooldown: 3)

Covert Manoeuvres (SPECIAL)

Agent Kallus gains Stealth (ZETA Pt. 1:, Offence Up, Critical Damage Up) and Foresight for 1 turn, then deals Special Damage to all enemies. Enemies above 75% Health lose 25% Turn Meter. (ZETA Pt. 2: Rebel enemies lose an additional 30% Turn Meter and Imperial enemies receive additional damage equal to 25% of their Max Health.) (Cooldown: 3)

Double Agent (UNIQUE)

Agent Kallus gains +12% Defence and Tenacity for each living enemy. For each Rebel ally, Kallus gains +5 Speed and +10% Max Health. For each Imperial ally, Kallus gains +7% Offence and +5% Max Protection. (ZETA: If Kallus is under a Rebel Lead, all Rebel allies gain +10 Speed. If Kallus is under an Empire Lead, all allies gain +10% Offence.)

STATS

Health: 26,626
Protection: 34,836
Physical Damage: 2,826
Physical Critical Chance: 35.2%
Armour Penetration: 89
Special Damage: 4231
Special Critical Chance: 36.7%
Resistance Penetration: 146
Defence: 27.3%
Tenacity: 47%
Speed: 142

His first Special "Collaborate", an Assist Attack; allows the player to select the attacking ally and serves two different functions based on whether the enemy is Rebel or Empire. If the ally is Imperial, this ability becomes a punishing attack, designed to crush the enemy with boosted damage, weaken their defences and halt them in their tracks (Stun)... reflecting the brutality of the Empire and their aggressive military tactics, methods which Kallus himself made frequent use of as an ISB Agent. If the selected ally is a Rebel, the ability switches function, reflecting Kallus's goals as a Rebel, protecting (and healing) his allies and keeping them one step ahead of the game.

His AOE Special "Covert Manoeuvres" deals a good amount of damage and makes Kallus an "attacking support" and with the Zeta deals a lot of damage. It is also involves Turn Meter removal and (with the Zeta) gains various bonuses dependent on whether the enemies are Rebel or Empire.

Finally, his Unique also reflects his Factional duality and provides bonuses which suit either the crushing tactics of the Empire or the swift survivalism of the Rebellion. For each Rebel ally, Kallus gains Health and Speed. As an informant to the Rebellion he needs to stay one step ahead and ensure the same for his allies. So it reflects his tactics as a Rebel: swift, decisive and robust. For each Imperial ally, Kallus hits harder (Offense gains) and gains Armour Penetration. As a Support, his Zeta on this Unique provides bonuses to all team members depending on the Lead (Empire or Rebel) he is serving under. This either makes his Rebels faster and more robust or makes his Imperial allies hit harder... reflection the "in-universe" nature of the factions themselves and the tactics Kallus used whilst serving under them.

kallus-bio-1_d0aac6c0.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720

IMPERIAL SCOUT TROOPER

Scout Trooper is an Imperial toon I see requested regularly on the forums as the next Imperial character or Trooper to appear in the game to help boost the Empires standing as a faction in Arena. Scout Troopers also happens to be my favourite Imperial Trooper.

Scout Trooper

Character Description:

Elusive Imperial Attacker who inflicts Target Lock.

Affiliations:

Dark Side, Empire, Imperial Trooper, Attacker

E-11 Blaster Bolt (BASIC)

Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs. If any buffs were Dispelled, Scout Trooper gains 40% Turn Meter and target enemy loses 10% Critical Chance for the rest of the encounter.

Flash Grenade (SPECIAL)

Dispel all buffs from all enemies, remove 15% Turn Meter and inflict Target Lock for 2 turns. Then, for each debuffed enemy, there is a 25% chance for all allies to gain Offence Up for 3 turns.

Target Lock: Can’t gain buffs, -50% Defence, -10% Critical Chance. Inflict Expose for 2 turns when Critically Hit.

Imperial Marksman (UNIQUE)

Scout Trooper has +5% Critical Chance, +10% Accuracy and +15% Counter Chance for each Imperial ally and gains Stealth for 1 turn at the start of an encounter and whenever he scores a Critical Hit. (ZETA: Whilst Scout Trooper is in Stealth he has +75% Defence and can’t be Critically Hit.) Whilst Scout Trooper is active, all Imperial Trooper allies gain +15% Armour Penetration.

STATS

Health: 25,242
Protection: 19,089
Physical Damage: 3,562
Physical Critical Chance: 34.4%
Armour Penetration: 134
Potency: 62.6%
Defence: 30.2%
Tenacity: 50%
Speed: 162

image_ff8262cd.jpeg?region=0%2C100%2C1920%2C1080&width=768

TARKIN

Finally, my favourite character in the Star Wars Universe (other than Vader himself), Grand Moff Tarkin, Governor of the Outer Rim and Controller of the Death Star Mobile Battle Station. On a hierarchical par with Vader himself under Palpatine, Tarkin is the Emperors political and visionary apprentice and perhaps the only being Palpatine considers his intellectual equal; referring to Governor Tarkin on numerous occasions as the foremost Imperial tactician and an almost unparalleled military genius. Unfortunately, Tarkin has already been reworked before and somewhat recently so any future changes to him look doubtful. However, it is a shame that the most senior member of the Galactic Empire (other than Palpatine) and one of the foremost Architect of the Imperial Order is so weak in Arena; the true battlefield of SWGOH, where the in-universe Tarkin thrives the most and wields his ruthless military might and genius. Hence, I find it rather disappointing that he is severely lacking in any real threat or damage and does not bolster and inspire his Imperial subordinates and allies as he does in Canon literature. Nonetheless, I feel he needs some major changes.

As this is a rework of an existing toon, any amendments are displayed in Bold

Grand Moff Tarkin

Character Description:

Offensive Empire Support with crushing AoE debuffs

Affiliations:

Dark Side, Empire, Fleet Commander, Support

Grand Moff’s Attack (BASIC)

Inflict Defence Down on target enemy for 1 turn, then deal Special damage and dispel all buffs. This attack deals 10% more damage for each living ally. Tarkin gains 50% Potency (stacking) until he next uses Ultimate Firepower.

Ultimate Firepower (SPECIAL)

Deal Special Damage to all enemies and inflict Daze for 2 turns with a 100% chance to remove 50% Turn Meter. This attack gains Offense equal to double Tarkin’s Potency percentage. (Cooldown: 3)

Intimidation Tactics (SPECIAL)

Gain Potency and Offence Up for 3 turns, then inflict Critical Chance Down and Offence Down on all enemies for 3 turns and remove 20% Turn Meter. This cannot be Resisted. Tarkin then gains 15% Turn Meter for each debuffed enemy. (Cooldown: 4)

Callous Conviction (UNIQUE)

Tarkin gains Defence equal to his Potency Percentage ZETA: and 20% Potency per debuffed enemy. Tarkin can’t score Critical Hits but gains +20% Offence and +3 Speed for each living enemy and +10% Resistance Penetration and +5% Max Health for each Imperial ally.

Tighten the Grip (LEADER)

Empire allies gain +30 Speed and +25% Offence. (ZETA: Inflict Defence Down, Ability Block and Expose for 2 turns on enemies that fall below 50% Protection or 100% Health during an Imperial allies turn. This cannot be Resisted.

STATS

Health: 25,156
Protection: 23,132 to 26,273
Speed: 134
Special Damage: 3609
Resistance Penetration: 82
Special Critical Chance: 21.1%
Armour: 26.6%
Potency: 43% to 56%

grand-moff-tarkin1.jpg?quality=85

Thanks for reading. Hope you like the suggestions and ideas...
Post edited by MasterQuinanVos on

Replies

• Great post loves all the ideas SHAME none of it will ever happen. To much rebel love and bias against the rightful rulers of the galaxy. I just find it funny how everyone sheets for the rebels even though they are the bad guys in the whole saga. I mean they were in a rebellion to over throw the rightful Government of the galaxy.
  • MasterQuinanVos
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I also feel Palpatine and Krennic are in need of changes (ESPECIALLY Palpatine) in order to achieve better results in arena and would be greatly enhanced by some changes and Zetas. Any suggestions as to what they need most, or how their current kits could be adapted?

Discuss perhaps new toons, reworks and ideas to help balance arena and give Empire a place in the meta as a cohesive Faction...

Or any other toons that could be subtly adapted (or given ZETAS to be more effective)
  • Shonkathonk
    519 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    All I read was the Vader part and thought what op stuff this, people talk about cls doing too much but 25% tm gain and 10% tm loss for opposition on a crit is ridiculous. Rex is bad enough with just 15% gain on a crit
  • All I read was the Vader part and thought what op stuff is this. Then realised you don't put in cooldowns.... Then saw you talk about cooldown reduction. I'm impressed you've put in that much effort but get someone to qc your work dude

The Cooldowns are at the end of the Ability descriptions in Brackets

i.e.

Neutralise (SPECIAL)

Dispel all enemies of all buffs. Imperial allies gain Offence Up for 2 turns and 25% Turn Meter. (ZETA: Whilst this ability is available, Tagge gains 5% Turn Meter whenever an enemy gains a buff.) (Cooldown: 3)
  • never see why people make posts of "ideas" and "next characters" as if the creators are gonna listen to it, a post this size too, you must've been extremely bored
  • All I read was the Vader part and thought what op stuff is this. Then realised you don't put in cooldowns.... Then saw you talk about cooldown reduction. I'm impressed you've put in that much effort but get someone to qc your work dude

i.e.

Neutralise (SPECIAL)

Just noticed that, my bad sorry

i.e.

Neutralise (SPECIAL)

Just noticed that, my bad sorry

No problem dude, thanks for reading!
  • MasterQuinanVos
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    mrjazz wrote: »
    never see why people make posts of "ideas" and "next characters" as if the creators are gonna listen to it, a post this size too, you must've been extremely bored

I don't know why I do it, and ultimately it will be ignored sadly... I'm well aware of that. But I enjoy theorycrafting and like the Empire as a faction and as mediums through which to input their in-universe qualities and characteristics into a strategy based game; so type stuff up when I'm bored or have spare time (I'm a Law student so have a LOT of it!).

But I love Star Wars lore; and am more in love with the concept and potential of this game than I am with the gameplay itself (although I do of course enjoy it); and I think its important - and also fun in my opinion - to make the toon descriptions, synergies and abilities match the in-universe characters themselves and represent their characteristics and strategies.
  • Love it. Tell Ed to add in
  • All but Mas Ameda. I’d prefer a Col Wolfe build or Admiral Piett or Captain Needa.
  • Love the ideas. To add. Vader needs another unique .

You are not a Jedi yet. Gives Vader evasion up and 100% counter for 3 turns. Cannot be resisted or cleansed.

Also need a major rework of Emporer with some major synergy with him and Vader. Something like 100% assist for each other.
    Add unique Everything is proceeding as I have Foreseen it.. this adds foresight to all allies for 2 turns and grant 100 % turn meter to all allies.

Give him 50% more damage and double his health.
  • Hahaha........bored bored bored. Size this up...... Dude. Go outside
  • Hahaha........bored bored bored. Size this up...... Dude. Go outside

I live in the UK! Its far too cold ... and wet!! :#
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Moving to Feedback: Characters
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    Great post loves all the ideas SHAME none of it will ever happen. To much rebel love and bias against the rightful rulers of the galaxy. I just find it funny how everyone sheets for the rebels even though they are the bad guys in the whole saga. I mean they were in a rebellion to over throw the rightful Government of the galaxy.

Yes. Just yes. Unfortunately, as you said, it won't happen. If it we're to, they could throw in Vader's fist as well. The Vader's fist trooper would act as a combination of echo and FOST, (taunt+retribution& lots of assists)