What Would Make You Throw $$$ at the Screen

Replies

• I have spent $2000 on this game over 3 months and now I realize I got nothing unique. It sucks. They need to create special weapons or gear for us who spend the big $$$$$
  • Etevo wrote: »
    I have spent $2000 on this game over 3 months and now I realize I got nothing unique. It sucks. They need to create special weapons or gear for us who spend the big $$$$$

So basically you want a game where you have an easy button win against anyone not able to spend that kind of money? If it is just 'unique' you want there is always skins/outfit options they could do. I mean you already have access to many characters that a f2p or low spender either doesn't or has no way of leveling and making useful if they do get it. You have a much more expanded and grown roster to allow mixing and matching of different teams. This allows you to quickly adapt to any meta changes and compete in events like the yoda challenge that most others wont have the toons for. As long as they continue to add new characters to chromium packs or in events like the yoda one where most people wouldn't have a leveled jedi team without spending then you still get all the characters much sooner than anyone else.
    The one thing they do need to do which would give you a much bigger advantage as a paid player and make the game more interesting in general is to make it so team synergies mean more allowing for a use of many different team stragegies (Droid team, Jedi Team, Sith Team, Anti jedi team, etc) Make it so each team is good against one but has weaknesses to another (ala rock paper scissors) This would mean many more of the characters would be valuable making the expanded roster you have a huge bonus. As it is there are 10ish characters that just blow everything else out of the water making the others mostly useless especially in the arena setting.

Now to answer the OP there is nothing that would make me throw stacks of cash at this or any mobile game. Like many others have stated there is no way I would toss $60+ at a time at a mobile game when that gets me a full AAA title. That being said I would have no problem with the $15-$20 a month given decent pack or character options. It is a game that I play daily and considering your average subscription mmo type game is about 15 a month I see it as a fair price.
  • I used to complain about pricing and back in November or December, most would have told you to stop whining and that the prices were "cheap" by people's estimations. It's nice to finally see people waking up to reality, the pricing on this game is outrageous...
  • Anyone Else?

• Jar Jar
  • Vavasour wrote: »
    An exclusive player pack that permanently remains exclusive.

We have had this argument already. You need ti get a life mate! Or see a therapist or something!

I'm not your mate, but thanks for the advice.

FYI, not your thread. I honestly answered the OP.
  • Jar Jar
    Yep totally
  • Gravedigger78 + 10! Bonus

I would pay 5$ for a toon of my choice, I wouldn't mind farming,then. I understand why ea throttles this game, sometimes I think they go wayyyyy overboard tho'. Just like Ben Parker said, " just because you can , doesn't mean you should".
  • Owlkapwn wrote: »
    The idea is simple yet the execution is complicated. I have both an Old Ben and Aayla sitting at level one and I can firmly tell you that I will never buy more packs trying to star them up.

It feels more like a one-night stand, buying the packs I did. It was a mistake and I'll never do it again. But what if later it develops into a fruitful relationship? The promise of something permanent? Then I would consider doing it again

You loved it. Now do the walk of shame until you want to buy some more lol.
  • Wtb more content. Playing from 12-1am then nothing is boring.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    I spent a ton getting Kit Fisto because he was supposed to be a high damage attacker--but he hits as hard as my JC, on average. I'm disappointed in what I received for the $ I spent since I thought he was going to be the game changer in my team. Statistically, he uses a double attack roughly 20-25 percent of the time, not the 30 percent as advertised.
  • 1. Sam Jackson as Jules skin. Jedi Jules? Yes please.
    2. Handless dooku.
    3. Young Yoda with a mullet and a soul patch.
  • A Revan Bundle
  • Nothing. Nothing would ever make me throw money at this game. It's a game. I'll spend my money on tangible goods and services, thank you very much.
    I have spent $2000 on this game over 3 months and now I realize I got nothing unique. It sucks. They need to create special weapons or gear for us who spend the big $$$$$

Or you could be more responsible with your cash?

This. Spending that much real money on something virtual is incredibly stupid, and these so-called 'whales' should stop their ****. Doing something productive with my money? Nah, I'm gonna blow it on virtual video game swag and then cry when I don't get anything out of it. #firstworldproblems
  • Calenir
    48 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Calenir wrote: »
    Etevo wrote: »

This. Spending that much real money on something virtual is incredibly stupid, and these so-called 'whales' should stop their ****. Doing something productive with my money? Nah, I'm gonna blow it on virtual video game swag and then cry when I don't get anything out of it. #firstworldproblems

I guess that the synonym for 'not smart' (starts with an 's') is now a bad word...

I also see that words that are censored are no longer censored within quotes.
  • Nothing now
    Nothing now

Everyone has something...
  • any more ideas
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    VIP levels. The more u spend the higher the VIP level which awards different rewards.

Cosmetic rewards/faster autoplay/exclusive skins/reduced wait times between challenges.
  • Easy, put skins in. The most simple recolouring would go a long way.
  • I would spend money if I could buy blank shards and apply them to any character I want.
  • I feel like the shards we purchase should be applicable to any character. Maybe make them blank and then we can apply then to which ever character we choose. Maybe just make them cost a little extra since they are so manageable
  • I'm not really a 'gambler' per se, so the only way I'd spend real money on the game would be for the promo packs that show what you are getting (for example the last Jedi pack, if it wasn't ~$80 Canadian).

I'd be absolutley livid if I spent real money and got 12 Royal Guard shards, or something along those lines.
  • I've already told myself I won't spend another dime on this game until the chromium system is either reworked to be less random or until a direct purchase system is implemented in some way, but let's be real, what are the odds of that?
  • Revan!
This discussion has been closed.