Ship Abilities Materials- Zeta drop rate

Has anyone noticed the lack of Zetas dropping from this challenge? I think I have gotten 1 maybe 2 max over last 2 or so weeks from this challenge.. Don’t expect it to rain Zeta Mats every Mon, Thur and Sunday.....Just wondering if I missed something from news etc on a change to drop rate.....or I am just extremely unlucky

Replies

• It's just a horrible drop rate. I've gone weeks without getting one, then I'll end up having a week where I get 6. Then back to weeks of drought
  • I probably hit around 2-4 zetas per week from the challenges, 0-2 most days it runs. It can be really infuriating when you hit a drought, but it's not like people getting 4 per week (1-2 each day of the challenge) are rushing to the forums to post about their slightly above average drop rate. It's probably low, and human memory likes to remember/note the extremes (getting 6+ or getting none) more than the slightly favorable outcomes, so I feel like it's actually pretty consistent with a large enough sample. (probably around 20-25%)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

I have not seen any change, just not the best drop rate and what seem like painfully long dry spells when you miss a day or 2 because of how they are spaced out.

I don't really have a zeta problem, gotta save and make wise choices, can't expect to zeta them all right away.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    As always it's RNG. With six chances per week I probably average 2-3 a week. I have weeks where I get 0 or 1, although that's less common. And then I got 4 today alone, so there you go.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Have only just managed to clear this challenge.

So far have had 3 zeta in 6 attempts, happy with that drop rate :)
  • Could someone confirm the days this challenge runs? Jeepers I searched the net and got NADA!

Thursday and Monday I know, is the 3rd day Sunday then?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Yes, Sun/Mon/Thur.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Drop rate is just about 2/3, when measured over a large number of zeta challenge battles before the recent update and new tier.
  • last 2 weeks no zetas for me from challenges. before that the drop rate for me was average ~1-2 zetas per challenge. my guild mates r complaining about those drop rates too. it seems the drop raters for zetas were silently nerfed by the devs :(

and as always- every single aspect of this game is very carefully manipulated!
  • I got the max of 4 today. I generally see 0-2.

Small sample set + rare item + RNG.

Necro'ing old threads is generally frowned upon.