It’s Sunday, and you know what happens on Sundays (besides boring family dinners): It’s time for the Weekly dev/news report! The previous report is available here
This week has been very rich in terms of content, mostly because of the Territory War Beta. To provide insights on this specific aspect, I decided to add a “Territory War Beta” section to this report. I am altering the usual template, pray I don’t alter it any further.
As usual, words that are underlined
are links to content or source, and everything is also available on my YouTube channel
.TERRITORY WAR BETA
- The Beta was announced here
, and an overview of TW is available here
. You can also take a look at the Megathread
for more information and discussions.
I made 3 posts on Reddit to give an overview of Territory Wars and its mechanics. In these posts, I tried to give as much information as I could, and answered many questions. If you want to learn more about the game mode, I suggest you take a look at them! They are available here:
- Rewards and general information: Link
- Deployment (Defense Phase): Link
- Attack Phase: Link
, First half
, Second half
- If you are part of the Beta, please
give your feedback on the Official Forums here
. CG is trying to listen to us, and we should definitely answer their call.
- If you have any question, feel free to ask in the comments. I will try my best to answer to everybody.OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Everybody got a Free Kylo Ren, or 80 shards for him, to celebrate the release of Battlefront II! Link
- Kozi gave some explanations regarding Platoons here
. Basically, the recently released characters/ships won’t be removed from Platoons. And the first 3 phases will soon have “curated” platoons, which will be announced in advance for players to anticipate.DEV INSIGHTS
Many interesting things to see here
- Kozi confirmed that Luke’s Hero’s Journey is coming back “Soon”! My guess is December, before Rey’s Journey. Link
- RyDiggs confirmed that in case of a tie in Territory War, both guilds would receive 2nd place rewards. Link
- Kozi confirmed that the Guild Store will be reworked in the next Update, to include “valuable items”. Link
- A screenshot showing a Droideka has been shared a lot recently. It was a fake, though a good one. Video
- A supposedly “leaked” Jedi Rey kit was also circulating. It was absolutely not official, and was simply crafted by a fan.
As usual, if you have any question, or you spotted a mistake/confusing statement, feel free to comment and I’ll edit the main post.
See you on the holo-tables!
Thank you for making me look dumb, forum approval process!
Me too. These posts are probably the best thing on the forum right now.
Im sure it's Sunday somewhere in the world....
Devs, found some visual bugs.
lt seems CG has shrunk the text and cover page images in these areas: Events, Challenges, Ship Challenges, and toon->Find(Shards), to allow for an unneeded and obvious explanatory text line. Our phones are small enough that having to deal with shrunken images and text is highly uncomfortable. Please go back to the sizing that the previous game client had.