Increase the number of ships in the starting line up?!

I can't be the only one thinking this is a good idea, right? Especially after the 7 star capital ships were introduced. Allowing 6 or even 7 starting ships will make it more challenging, and solve the problem of bad RNG.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    What does that have to do with 7* ships or RNG?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

I have never thought that. I really want to see what hardware brings to the table. Much like mods being able to control turn order and increase power or defense where needed removes some of the rng
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    What does that have to do with 7* ships or RNG?

The 7 star capital ship allows you to carry an extra ship in the line up, but in most cases the battle doesn't last that long. I think by allowing an extra ship in the starting line up will make the battle more interesting.

Also, it is now more common for fleets with 100,000 less power ratings to beat fleets with that much more in fleet power. The cause is a team might have a fully developed line up from starting to reserve, but due to bad rng still get beat by a fleet with just 5 strong starting ships but really weak reserves. I think if you are able to put more of your well developed fleet in the starting line up that will really highlight the value of having a 7 star capital ship.

Currently there is no need to 7 star your capital ship besides to get that bump in power rating.....
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I have never thought that. I really want to see what hardware brings to the table. Much like mods being able to control turn order and increase power or defense where needed removes some of the rng

Right now in my ships universe, I constantly see teams with close to 6 digit less in power rating beating teams with that much more in power rating. I looked at their setup, and I see that in some cases they both run almost identical fleet setups with similar mod levels and character development levels. What I also see is the team with lower power rating have a much less developed reserve roster. Since there is no live play, the only variable is how the computer plays the team being challenged by a live player.

By allowing more ships in the starting line up, you basically expose the weaker ships upfront to encourage more development of your fleet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Right now in my ships universe, I constantly see teams with close to 6 digit less in power rating beating teams with that much more in power rating. I looked at their setup, and I see that in some cases they both run almost identical fleet setups with similar mod levels and character development levels. What I also see is the team with lower power rating have a much less developed reserve roster. Since there is no live play, the only variable is how the computer plays the team being challenged by a live player.

By allowing more ships in the starting line up, you basically expose the weaker ships upfront to encourage more development of your fleet.

True but how you setup your reinforcements is part of the strategy.

My reinforcements are setup how I want the AI to use them but I do not use them in the same order when I play, and will switch that depending on the battle.

It's an interesting idea, but it won't change much as no one would put a vulnerable ship in the primary spot just because they need 6 or 7 ships in primary line up.
  • Options

True but how you setup your reinforcements is part of the strategy.

My reinforcements are setup how I want the AI to use them but I do not use them in the same order when I play, and will switch that depending on the battle.

It's an interesting idea, but it won't change much as no one would put a vulnerable ship in the primary spot just because they need 6 or 7 ships in primary line up.

But here is the thing, if you have a well developed fleet and you can put that extra ship into the lineup, it will make the RNG less "prominent" if you will.

The team with the less developed fleet won't be able to rely on rng more if they are forced to go up against a more developed fleet from the get go. Or else it is moot to have a 7 star cap ship with the extra fleet slot that you won't get to use.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

What I'm seeing is people attacking and defeating fleets with similar compositions and not only 75k-100k more "power," but also on average 1 or 2 gear tiers higher than their own.

Maintaining a fleet that's better geared than your opponents can mitigate how low they're able to push you down the ranks, but it doesn't seem to give you any chance whatsoever to win on defense against the guy that's always grabbing first rank payout in some backwater timezone with his starting lineup of G10 pilots.
  • Options

What I'm seeing is people attacking and defeating fleets with similar compositions and not only 75k-100k more "power," but also on average 1 or 2 gear tiers higher than their own.

Maintaining a fleet that's better geared than your opponents can mitigate how low they're able to push you down the ranks, but it doesn't seem to give you any chance whatsoever to win on defense against the guy that's always grabbing first rank payout in some backwater timezone with his starting lineup of G10 pilots.

And why do u need to stop the guy from grabbing 1st at his payout when no one else gets payout then?
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

And why do u need to stop the guy from grabbing 1st at his payout when no one else gets payout then?
    Because instead of improving his own ships, he's been trying to stop me from improving mine by interfering with my payout for many months prior to me beginning to retaliate.

You underestimate the depths to which people will sink when they have a systematic advantage that is available for them to abuse. Such as interfering with a crowded payout while collecting on an uncrowded one.