Revealed: Wampa, Colonel Starck and Imperial Probe Droid

Replies

• Options
    I dont understand the hate for wampa. He looks like a lot of fun. Like star wars itself, I dont take this game so seriously that i cant appreciate some goofiness.
  • Options
    I don't get all this wampa hate. He's a surprising addition but definetly not an unwelcomed one; and definetly fits better on the dark side.
    Colonel stark is kinda meh as a choice as I dont recall ever seeing or hearing him even mentioned in the film
    (Still better than nothing [or a rebel]).
    Finally the probe droid, I've wanted my own since the release of territory battles.
  • Options
    When you posted fan made swtor characters...

and wampa has almost the same kit as one...
  • Options
    Yay. If you're gonna add imperial probe droid then make choppers metal menace actually work on them seeing as how it doesn't affect them in tb even though they are definitely a droid.
  • Options
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    I really Hate what Target lock will do to ZQGJ teams AS IF THEY ARE NOT AT A BIG ENOUGH DISADVANTAGE ALREADY. PLEASE REWORK THE JEDI SO THEY CAN COMPETE

Would you like fries with that sir?

Yes Please do you have the Crinkle variation :)
  • Options
    It's almost Christmas time. Wampa is basically the abominable snowman!

tenor.gif
  • Options
    Think stark might have he shortest wookiepedia entry ever:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Starck

Pretty sure CG just added that page last week.
  • Options
    This set of characters is an embarrassment to the devs. A wampa and a probe droid?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Out of all of the toons that are still available to be put in game, this was choices from the bottom of the barrel.

This does not encourage me to play more
  • Options
    Donno why, but a probe droid gave me dirty thoughts at first.
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Kaluan wrote: »
    IMO.

Col Starck = meh, but gets a pass for being "Empire" from Legends (even though I never heard of him). Would have preferred "Snowtrooper Commander" or "AT-ST Driver" instead.
    So The Empire Strikes Back is now Legends? OMG... Disney what have you done!?!

What is this "Legends" talk? If Starck commanded the AT-AT that Luke destroyed, that is also the walker that crushed his snowspeeder (and Dak!), which is probably also the walker that shot down Luke in the battle. We never saw him on screen, but how does that make him part of Legends?

In canon - the commander was never identified (similar to how Sun Fac isn't technically a canon character because he was never named on-screen).

These characters were named in follow up material (source books, in these cases, but sometimes also comics, books, etc) after the fact and are "Legends" (now that Disney has changed the branding of "Expanded Universe" to "Legends")

They're names are cannon. Anything they did in legends materials was wiped away not their name
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    IMO.

Col Starck = meh, but gets a pass for being "Empire" from Legends (even though I never heard of him). Would have preferred "Snowtrooper Commander" or "AT-ST Driver" instead.

Wampa = no. Should have been a creature you had to kill 10 of in a Special Mission for ROLO shards or more TB Coins. Or whatever Toon for TB-Empire would like to introduce.

Imperial Probe Droid = perfectly legit, and great to have.

+1

+2
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I dont understand the hate for wampa. He looks like a lot of fun. Like star wars itself, I dont take this game so seriously that i cant appreciate some goofiness.

Well said. +1
  • Options
    Jackets wrote: »
    It's almost Christmas time. Wampa is basically the abominable snowman!

tenor.gif

Solid
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Awesome! Unlike Light Side, I really like the generic DS toons. I just wished they'd have given us Iden Versio.
  • Options
    IMO.

What is this "Legends" talk? If Starck commanded the AT-AT that Luke destroyed, that is also the walker that crushed his snowspeeder (and Dak!), which is probably also the walker that shot down Luke in the battle. We never saw him on screen, but how does that make him part of Legends?

In canon - the commander was never identified (similar to how Sun Fac isn't technically a canon character because he was never named on-screen).

These characters were named in follow up material (source books, in these cases, but sometimes also comics, books, etc) after the fact and are "Legends" (now that Disney has changed the branding of "Expanded Universe" to "Legends")

In Operation Blizzard, he had no name. But in death, he has a name, and his name is Robert Paulson Commander Starck.
    wallpaper-c624.jpg

HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON!
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Honestly when CG does wacky stuff, the forum jokes usually make up for it . Very enjoyable from a certain point of view
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    I love this game--don't get me wrong--but the rate of character releases without increased resources for gearing them is getting more frustrating every week, especially because many of the new characters are required for some event. Makes the game far less enjoyable. There's got to be another way.
  • Options
    Wampa, probe droid, and random ATAT guy - Half-life 3, er, DS Hoth confirmed!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    IMO.

In Operation Blizzard, he had no name. But in death, he has a name, and his name is Robert Paulson Commander Starck.
    wallpaper-c624.jpg

HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON!
    And the winners are ha ha
  • Options
    Col Starck was introduced in 2016 book Star Wars Complete Locations. A re-publish of the 2005 book of the same name, correcting several errors like Kashykk’s planet picture being Dagobah.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    fry_squinting.gif

I think CG just pulled Starck out of their keister.

He sounds made up.[/quote]

Watch, next we'll get Sgt Lannister
  • Options
    New Nighsisters got released and after 30 days when whales bought her 7 stars they release killing counter to 100.000 crystals in the appear of that "thing" seriously who want to play and gear that? We want decent characters like Sith Lords. Not this overeated mutant ewok. Thank you but I think im closer to finish with this game.
  • Options
    Anyone like how Wompa has simillar mechanics to CLS? (Gets a non dispellable buff, that cycles on and off). Especially given that he almost ate him...
  • Options
    Ebbda wrote: »
    Great the dark side is getting some tlc :)

I for one think survivability is key to getting to the later phases. Seems dark side is pro damage but they'll only last so long without viable cleanser/healer. The light side has some decent options there, yet we await one that can rival Barriss, Rex and CHS, etc. Fingers crossed we get a couple very soon.

That's the problem with DS. They are not so much into healing eachother.

There's tons of DS heal / protection regen options: Veers with Troopers regens protection, Thrawn lead, EP lead, Gar lead, DK lead, DN lead, NS have a lot of heal properties / revives. They're fine there.
  • Options
    I think the beast is a bizarre character to throw in to the game, but whatever, Empire was the first SW movie I saw and the Wampa and Tauntauns were my favorite thing about it. Always loved creatures over characters.

I'm excited about Starck though, I think he'll be a fun addition to Imperial Troopers.
  • Options
    Wompa looks fun, and really, what else matters?

Only... @CG_Kozispoon ... uh, no fur synergy? Like.... Wompa's odour increases 10% per Wookie and Ewok ally increasing it's evasion 5% each? I think you need to go back to your team, you're missing out on the obvious synergy...
    Because... clearly... this won't do....
    f58239a0f7159df565b2674fa031a092.jpg

OK....I'm trying to remember what that's from.
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Let's see we got spirits, zombies, witches, a yeti. What else don't we want? Mynock? Maybe that snake looking thing in the trash compactor(dianoga)? Maybe a rathtar?
  • weldon08
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    How is everybody not ok with the wampa but are totally happy with the zombie and spirit? I know a lot of people on here like to think that the cartoons and books are on the same level as the films but...they’re not. At least the wampa and recon droid and Arya’s long lost alien abducted brother were in the only real canon: the movies.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    IPD looks great, Wampa looks fun, and Col Starck (never heard of him? And I’m a pretty hardcore fan) looks meh. Hopefully they’re not terribly hard to acquire.
  • DarkHelmetOP
    194 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hey as long as we have clearly run out of good ideas and are looking for the most obscure of cameo characters EA I really want Dr.Evazan in game. He has hilarious ready made attack titles! He was on screen for more time than the Wampa and more people know who he is versus General Whoever. I’m sure your graphic design team can clean this up but:

https://imgur.com/SImhWTa