Revealed: Wampa, Colonel Starck and Imperial Probe Droid

Replies

• crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Why is Wampa DS?
    That is like saying a lion is dark side cause he ate a zebra.

It's just the circle of life, simba...

There are only 2 choices. Do you think Light Side is more appropriate? ;)

Generally only characters who actively pursue justice or 'goodness' fall into the LS faction in this game. That's why most of the neutral / scoundrelly characters are dark side, even if they're not actively evil

He also attacked and almost ate the hero of the original trilogy. Wampa has been treated as Dark Side in every star wars game I've ever seen him in (okay, so that means the Decipher collectible card game of the 90's, but still, it counts).

The Decipher CCG is the only game that matters.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    IPD looks great, Wampa looks fun, and Col Starck (never heard of him? And I’m a pretty hardcore fan) looks meh. Hopefully they’re not terribly hard to acquire.

Wompa= TW
    Starck= guild shop
    Drobe= ds tb
  • EricsonX wrote: »
    Wompa looks fun, and really, what else matters?

Only... @CG_Kozispoon ... uh, no fur synergy? Like.... Wompa's odour increases 10% per Wookie and Ewok ally increasing it's evasion 5% each? I think you need to go back to your team, you're missing out on the obvious synergy...
    Because... clearly... this won't do....
    f58239a0f7159df565b2674fa031a092.jpg

OK....I'm trying to remember what that's from.

Caravan of Courage: an Ewok Adventure. He is the Gorax. 1984 is Before a lot of your times...we still had VHF and UHF channels
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I am looking forward to Lumpy, Chewbacca’s son from Holiday Special, Bea Arthur, night shift Cantina bar maid, singing Princess Leia, Life Day Attichitcuk, and cartoon world Boba Fett with bacon outlines.

Also starring Dock Master Ralph McQuarrie, Rebel Major Cliff Calvin, potato asteroids, walrus man, snagletooth, Hammerhead, max rebo band, random skiff guard, wolf man, a hand made to look like a bloodied worm which gets CGI fix, more Jawas to include Cyclops, Jawa that fondles Luke’s speeder, run away Jawa as Luke approaches, and wax on / wax off danielson Jawa polisher of some droids! Also looking forward to more droids, Probe Droid Debris, R5-D4, Gonk Droids, spider droids, Death Star Droid, dome Droid, and others.
  • Can we get the Boogeyman next plz @Cg
  • So excited about wampa. Others are meh. Really surprised IPD is the ds tb toon. Doesn’t really seem comparable to hermit yoda on any level
  • It's unbelievable these are the character reward shards in territory wars, DS tb.....what? This is the best you could come up with? Is it April 1st? Am i in bizarro world? What is going on here. Is there an out of control office party happening tonight?
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Colonel Starck........when you have to tell us what his role was in the Star Wars Universe because you know no one will know who he is, please just go ahead and do not make that a playable character.
  • JJWZP5 wrote: »
    So excited about wampa. Others are meh. Really surprised IPD is the ds tb toon. Doesn’t really seem comparable to hermit yoda on any level

I think IPD is the ROLO of DS TB
  • DemonKingBALOR
    110 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    holy moly wampa? ok seriously please take my jabba idea in the future . i like this
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    So excited about wampa. Others are meh. Really surprised IPD is the ds tb toon. Doesn’t really seem comparable to hermit yoda on any level

I think IPD is the ROLO of DS TB

Oh ok well that wouldn’t be as bad.
  • I wish they weren’t tied down by hoth relevant toons. Not many iconic ds hoth toons. But there are still plenty of good ds characters we need like jabba, jango, snoke, etc
  • This plays like an April Fools joke, only it’s not funny, and it’s not April. Slapping a name on Unidentified AT-AT Commander and hoping we’ll all say, “Finally, we can play as our favourite character,” is not a great way to sell more crystals.

It’s not like there’s a shortage of characters we’ve heard of.

Starting with film characters with screen time and dialogue, we don’t have Padme, C3PO, Saw Guerrera, Typho, Watto, Jango, etc. Then there are all of the background characters who actually got action figures with names, including but not limited to: ESB bounty hunters, Jabba’s Palace inhabitants, and Jedi Council members. Add in the video games, and you have Galen Marek, Kyle Katarn, Revan, etc.

Plus, there’s still Star Wars Rebels, and we don’t have a single Inquisitor yet. Nor Kallus and Old Rex. And we have Gar Saxon but not Fenn Rau.

We weren’t all that excited about the two dead Nightsisters, but they were okay. A playable Wampa? Reminds us that Zam Wesell is in the game but Padme isn’t. Think about that. Then think about how Talia got a playable version in the first place. Like, long before Mother Talzin, at that.

• Colonel Starck - Hoth is coming!
  • I really believe the devs are running short of character ideas. This is a bit of a stretch IMO. Wampa would be better suited as a raid enemy or something. Starck has no screen time (or even a mention) in the movies, and IPD? Why IPD? Why not Snowtrooper Commander or Snowtrooper Ops?
    Who knows, maybe we’ll get a playable Sarlacc or Rathtar next? Still waiting on 3P0, Watto and Jabba!
  • Col Starck was not even mentioned until 2005 in Star Wars Complete Locations and then resurrected by Disney under the same title in 2016 adding the Force Awakens. Prior to 2005, Blizzard 4 had no named commander, nor did any of the other walkers.
  • What would be Padme's basic skill? Talk to people until they die of boredom?

When she is defeated she spawns CLS and ROLO.
  • I keep seeing posts talking about how Starck is such an unknown character, and I get that, he is certainly news to me until now as well... But at the same time, Biggs and Wedge, even though I knew who they were, were not a big part of my enjoyment of the Star Wars franchise, but since they are so prominent in this game, I have come to appreciate them as characters more.

What I'm trying to say is, I think giving these lesser known characters more exposure is actually a really good thing for Star Wars fans to get the most out of a very diverse, expansive lore and to enjoy as much of it as possible, even the small things they may not have paid much attention to before.
  • I keep seeing posts talking about how Starck is such an unknown character, and I get that, he is certainly news to me until now as well... But at the same time, Biggs and Wedge, even though I knew who they were, were not a big part of my enjoyment of the Star Wars franchise, but since they are so prominent in this game, I have come to appreciate them as characters more.

What I'm trying to say is, I think giving these lesser known characters more exposure is actually a really good thing for Star Wars fans to get the most out of a very diverse, expansive lore and to enjoy as much of it as possible, even the small things they may not have paid much attention to before.

Fair point, Starck can be justified. I would just like to see more well known Imperial Officers added to the game before we get these unheard of Officers- especially surprised we haven’t seen toons like Admiral Versio or any of the Inferno Squad yet, considering it’s canon and Battlefront 2 and SWGOH are both EA games. But that’s another topic, I think.
  • CG really jumped the shark with Wampa. It’s not a character, it’s a wild animal. Next thing, we’ll be getting Banthas and other random animals.
  • I don't really understand why the Wampa is branded as Dark Side. Just because he tried to eat Luke? It was an indigenous, carnivorous species that just happened to cross oaths with Luke. And want to eat him.
    They are obviously just fillers for DS TB. Which is kind of ok. But given the wealth of quality and well known DS toons not actually in the game, I'm hoping these are coming!
  • Omeah wrote: »
    I have no problems with characters like Starck. What I have problem with is, where's my Padmé? And Jango? I think they are slightly more important than IPD, why can't we just get them already?

This is my thinking. Why are we getting nonsense toons like NS Spirit/Zombie when we’re missing countless other characters that played major roles throughout the series? We’re missing tons of characters from EP 1 and 2.
    Darf_Barf wrote: »
    I don't really understand why the Wampa is branded as Dark Side. Just because he tried to eat Luke? It was an indigenous, carnivorous species that just happened to cross oaths with Luke. And want to eat him.
    They are obviously just fillers for DS TB. Which is kind of ok. But given the wealth of quality and well known DS toons not actually in the game, I'm hoping these are coming!

They’re fillers for sure, but they had many other options. Why not Snowtrooper Ops or Commander?
  • I'd rather have agent Kallus or governor Pryce tbh but at least the IPD is cute
  • Wampa has protection up 150% which can't be prevented or dispeled? What?! Is it a joke? I agree that unique buffs cannot be prevented or dispeled, but it's a regular protection up but very big. I don't like this! If devs won't make this buff to be prevented - so please make this a zeta needed. This Wampa is so strong and the one of the greatest Sith - Darth Vader is not even a match to this Wampa! How do you imagine it?
  • Probe Droid may be needed for Luke’s next Hero Journey to Dagobah.
  • A wampa? Really? Well that's jumping the sharks... What next? A bantha? A krait dragon? Shall we go through all the SW fauna? Then we will start the flora? Like this nice plant in the jedi council room? Or a Kashyyk tree?
  • Padme from Attack of the Clones. She actually did something in the Arena, other than just be annoying. For all the kiddies, her shirt should be shred from the claw attack of the Nexxu.

Next, CG will be making random Geonosians with made up names to fill that lacking separatist faction. Or more battle droids with names. Yellow Naboo Invasion Commander 124. Blue Command Ship Pilot 453. Etc.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Durmir wrote: »
    A wampa? Really? Well that's jumping the sharks... What next? A bantha? A krait dragon? Shall we go through all the SW fauna? Then we will start the flora? Like this nice plant in the jedi council room? Or a Kashyyk tree?

Sarlaac or Giant Space Worm. Mynocks. TaunTauns. Whomp-Rats. Maybe some bugs, too, or random screaming dark side tree lizard.
  • right after probe droid, we'll probably get the Darth Vader automatic Vacuum...