Revealed: Wampa, Colonel Starck and Imperial Probe Droid

Replies

• Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I feel like all I do is complain. Do we really need another squishy officer? Or a self destruct droid? Really? And the wampa should be part of a new raid, not a char that we will all race to have. Still no Jango, still to Padme, still no Bossk. We have enough garbage chars that really will not provide any difference. None of these make me think I just have to have this. It’s getting old. Enough is enough. But hey we get the thrawn event again soon. Not CLS, not BB8. But we get another Rey. Cannot wait ... ugh
  • Lumovanis wrote: »
    I love that we finally got a probe droid. I've wanted one since we started fighting them in TB. I'm happy they even made the suicide relevant. I'm surprised to see the Wampa as something other than a territory battle enemy, but it's nice to see DS getting something strong (and part of me wants to watch it kill CLS a bunch in GW). Starck is kind of an oddball, but it's ncie to see an imperial trooper tag, even if he seems kind of underwhelming.

I really wish we would get Snow Trooper Commander and Stormtrooper COmmander though, they would be perfect. Guess we'll see as we get closer to DS if we get some more strong DS toons. At least some of these have rebel-hate abilities, increasing the odds they see use in the rebel-infested arena.

I totally agree with you. I'm surprised to see THESE characters making an appearance and it only reinforces my suspicion that they're just stuffing DS toons in to make way for the DSTB. I'm not complaining, i'lll definitely be getting them - i'm just surprised it's these guys.

Now that I've had a minute to think about it, I'm not surprised. They know that they are short on DS toons and we need an influx before DSTB can be kicked off. However, they don't want to release 20-something meta-changing characters. They need a few useful, but not OP or meta-relevant toons to fill out our rosters. I'm expecting more of these in the near future.
  • I feel like all I do is complain. Do we really need another squishy officer? Or a self destruct droid? Really? And the wampa should be part of a new raid, not a char that we will all race to have. Still no Jango, still to Padme, still no Bossk. We have enough garbage chars that really will not provide any difference. None of these make me think I just have to have this. It’s getting old. Enough is enough. But hey we get the thrawn event again soon. Not CLS, not BB8. But we get another Rey. Cannot wait ... ugh

To be fair, Bossk is pretty garbage in the SW universe. In fact, I'd say a Tauntaun > Bossk
  • Get over it.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Mzee wrote: »
    Stop adding new characters until you fix the old ones. 80% of my roster is useless cause of the power creep.

No lie.

70% of my roster is full of the free 3* heroes I can't do do-do to star or gear. Easy farm? Not yet. I'm still doing Tie Fighter Pilot. Get Dark Side ships? Not yet. I'm still doing Biggs and Biggs the pilot.

Only the few have the luxury of being ahead. Of course EA caters to the rich. I bow to them.

Their strategy is very frustrating for us that w
    Mzee wrote: »
    Stop adding new characters until you fix the old ones. 80% of my roster is useless cause of the power creep.

giphy.gif

The short explanation is... Its a collecting game. We need something to collect.

One of the great things about this game is that it combines collecting with actual battles. It's so much more than just collecting.

People have been asking for a rework of the droids, separatists, bounty hunters, and Jedi in forever. Jawas could use some love too. Palpatine is still the only legendary character without a zeta. I understand they have a release schedule for their faction passes, but they really need to be more flexible in adjusting the schedule and fix these factions as they have so many useless characters and have done for an exceedingly long time. Droids have a lot of synergy, and were once a great faction to invest in, but they never even received a zeta (only the new lightside droids have them so far and are used with their non-droid factions). Grievous has always been disappointing even though he has tons of potential. I'd also love to see a rework of the thermal detonators as they are a cool mechanic, but don't really have a place anymore. Jedi at least have a few very strong characters, but most of them are fairly mediocre.
  • I would take a taun taun over some squishy officer that I have never heard or a self destruct droid.
  • I feel like all I do is complain. Do we really need another squishy officer? Or a self destruct droid? Really? And the wampa should be part of a new raid, not a char that we will all race to have. Still no Jango, still to Padme, still no Bossk. We have enough garbage chars that really will not provide any difference. None of these make me think I just have to have this. It’s getting old. Enough is enough. But hey we get the thrawn event again soon. Not CLS, not BB8. But we get another Rey. Cannot wait ... ugh

To be fair, Bossk is pretty garbage in the SW universe. In fact, I'd say a Tauntaun > Bossk

As is Jango and Padme: complete garbage characters. This Starck fella has more personality than those two combined and he has never done anything. I'm cool with never seeing Padme and Jango added to the game.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    (Just a test post. Tried posting but I have to wait for approval now?)

Hmm. Makes sense.
  • Dok wrote: »

Hmm. Makes sense.

It means "the eyes" are awake.

• I am starting to really like Starck. Its AT-AT Commander giving a name. Plus allows a Imperial Trooper squad separate from the Empire squad. I see a special mission in DS battles for Imperial Troopers. Might be a good time to get that full squad ready.
  • Chagoth wrote: »
    I feel like all I do is complain. Do we really need another squishy officer? Or a self destruct droid? Really? And the wampa should be part of a new raid, not a char that we will all race to have. Still no Jango, still to Padme, still no Bossk. We have enough garbage chars that really will not provide any difference. None of these make me think I just have to have this. It’s getting old. Enough is enough. But hey we get the thrawn event again soon. Not CLS, not BB8. But we get another Rey. Cannot wait ... ugh

As is Jango and Padme: complete garbage characters. This Starck fella has more personality than those two combined and he has never done anything. I'm cool with never seeing Padme and Jango added to the game.

Uh, no.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Perfxion wrote: »
    I am starting to really like Starck. Its AT-AT Commander giving a name. Plus allows a Imperial Trooper squad separate from the Empire squad. I see a special mission in DS battles for Imperial Troopers. Might be a good time to get that full squad ready.

giphy.gif
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Dok wrote: »

Hmm. Makes sense.

It means "the eyes" are awake.

Lol. I tried posting the same thing in a thread before it was merged into this one. Possibly an automatic thing to prevent spamming, but I doubt it, as everything else I've posted that's "waiting for approval" disappears, even if it's simply a link to this forum.
  • So they release a bunch of characters that we don't care at all but we're still waiting for Revan lol. We just see each of those characters like two minutes in Episode 5.
  • I totally agree with you. I'm surprised to see THESE characters making an appearance and it only reinforces my suspicion that they're just stuffing DS toons in to make way for the DSTB. I'm not complaining, i'lll definitely be getting them - i'm just surprised it's these guys.

Now that I've had a minute to think about it, I'm not surprised. They know that they are short on DS toons and we need an influx before DSTB can be kicked off. However, they don't want to release 20-something meta-changing characters. They need a few useful, but not OP or meta-relevant toons to fill out our rosters. I'm expecting more of these in the near future.
    Yeah. Plenty of generic/named troops from Separatists, Empire, First Order, and Bounty Hunters to choose from.

-Destroyer Droid
    -Commando Droid
    -Geonosian Guard (Tank like Royal Guard)
    -Geonosian Handler with Massiff
    -Stormtrooper Commander
    -Snowtrooper Commander
    -AT-ST Driver
    -AT-AT Driver
    -AT-ACT Driver
    -Capt Piett or Capt Needa
    -FO Flametrooper
    -FO Heavy Assault Trooper
    -Bossk
    -4LOM
    -Jango Fett
    -Sugi
    -Royal Guard Elite TIE Interceptor Pilot
    -Biker Scout
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I totally agree with you. I'm surprised to see THESE characters making an appearance and it only reinforces my suspicion that they're just stuffing DS toons in to make way for the DSTB. I'm not complaining, i'lll definitely be getting them - i'm just surprised it's these guys.

Yeah. Plenty of generic/named troops from Separatists, Empire, First Order, and Bounty Hunters to choose from.

-Destroyer Droid
    -Commando Droid
    -Stormtrooper Commander
    -Snowtrooper Commander
    -AT-ST Driver
    -AT-AT Driver
    -AT-ACT Driver
    -FO Flametrooper
    -Bossk
    -4LOM
    -Jango Fett
    -Sugi
    -Biker Scout

I would agree with most of those as "roster fillers", but not Jango, Bossk, etc. I am thinking that these characters are not going to follow the normal release cadence. I think the plan is to get a bunch of new "filler" DS toons in our rosters quickly with a few "marquee" toons (like Jango and such) sprinkled along the way.
    I heard from [redacted] that the DSTB release is being postponed until we get more DS toons
  • NewCaprica wrote: »
    So they release a bunch of characters that we don't care at all but we're still waiting for Revan lol. We just see each of those characters like two minutes in Episode 5.

dude, at least they got movie screen time. That's big time. That's the Majors. That's the big show.

Revan's been in what, books and comics? That's little league, brah.
  • jabba with a summon and gains a bonus with scoundrels and bounty hunters on a team
  • jabba with a summon and gains a bonus with scoundrels and bounty hunters on a team

Every time you heal, enemy Jabba skims 20% off the top. (zBarriss counter)
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What amazes me is the total lack of creativity by devs!!!!

Wampa, probe droid, really?!?

ah i like that!
  • I love these new toons
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited November 2017

-Destroyer Droid
    -Commando Droid
    -Stormtrooper Commander
    -Snowtrooper Commander
    -AT-ST Driver
    -AT-AT Driver
    -AT-ACT Driver
    -FO Flametrooper
    -Bossk
    -4LOM
    -Jango Fett
    -Sugi
    -Biker Scout

Forgetting the B1 battle droid. You know, the most iconic separatist droid that was shown as being playable for over a year now on advertisements for the game.
  • I want Katarn but I'll take the Wompa for now.

15. Don't push it.
  • I really like these new toons. But I think that people don't yet realize the amount of work that goes into making a new toon. I'm sure this would take at least a month, programming the animations, the stats, the interactions with other characters, planing out gear, ect. Its not like they can just churn out whatever toon they want at your whims. I would LOVE to have Revan, but for now, Wampa will have to do!
  • Why does everyone assume the Wampa is an "animal"?
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    What amazes me is the total lack of creativity by devs!!!!

Wampa, probe droid, really?!?

I never thought this game was creative....it is a blatant cash grab. But i play it anyway.
  • NewCaprica wrote: »
    So they release a bunch of characters that we don't care at all but we're still waiting for Revan lol. We just see each of those characters like two minutes in Episode 5.

I like these toons more than Revan. Wampa is going to be a lot of fun.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Forgetting the B1 battle droid. You know, the most iconic separatist droid that was shown as being playable for over a year now on advertisements for the game.
    This proves is why I'm perfect to work for EA.

LOL!!!

***resume submitted***
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.