Is ZFinn still viable for GW

Prev1
I see nothing but CLS, Thrawn and R2 in top GW nodes now days. Is the zFinn lead resistance team still viable? I am thinking about zeta Finn, but for ships and not so much GW. Thoughts?

Replies

• Yes zFinn is still viable. I have a resistance team with g11 Finn, Poe, RP, RT, and g9 BB8 and they get me through all 12 nodes. My node 11 and 12 are usually the top meta teams of g12 cls, gk, thrawn, zolo, r2.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes, it's still great for GW. You need to watch how you are ending each node, and sometimes RNG just doesn't favor you and you need to retreat and try a different sequence or swap one character, so it's not mindless, but it can win.
  • TAureliusC wrote: »
    Because I am now regularly burning two to three teams in node six, and usually I lose my g12 CLS and Thrawn teams by the end of it. I have not finished GW in months..... I just find it more difficult with every omega and zeta I add on whether or not those toons are actually used in GW. My GP is almost 2.2m..... very sad

I had the same problem once g12 dropped I couldn't finish the final node literally every day then I zetad finn and I haven't lost a gw since
  • Run 3-4 teams in the easy early fights to get their TM going so you have an advantage later on. Then when you face a particularly difficult node you can throw one of your TM-advantaged teams at it and get a head start. With 2.2M GP you should be able to do that easily, just run a few teams with different strengths and pick whichever is most appropriate for the fight.

In answer to your question, yes he is viable in GW and is even more valuable in TB. Resistance will only get better with the movie coming next month too.
  • Resistance is your solution most things in this game. Just do it. Possiblly the most bang for a single Zeta in the game.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Rey doesn't belong in a Resistance team unless you are doing it for hAAT P4 solos. Finn, Poe, RT are a must, BB8, RP, R2, Rey in that order for the last 2 spots. You want Poe to be as fast as possible since it is his taunt that is going to be doing the bulk of the exposing. Also need a good dose of potency on him and everyone else.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    zFinn is the only viable team for GW

For speed, aim Poe for the 230s if you want best results in haat as well.

Evwryone should have full potency mods with potency cross.

Rey and her zeta are not mandatory
  • For example: https://swgoh.gg/u/barfolomew/collection/?f=resistance

I can't do every node every time in GW with this team, I sometimes need to swap in my arena team. But this get's be through 95% of it with little trouble. With more gear and better mods I could do 100%.
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Rey doesn't belong in a Resistance team unless you are doing it for hAAT P4 solos. Finn, Poe, RT are a must, BB8, RP, R2, Rey in that order for the last 2 spots. You want Poe to be as fast as possible since it is his taunt that is going to be doing the bulk of the exposing. Also need a good dose of potency on him and everyone else.

I thought Rey is tagged as a resistance?!

I have Poe and R2 g12, so I guess I need to work on the rest.

She is resistance
    Rey doesn't belong in a Resistance team unless you are doing it for hAAT P4 solos. Finn, Poe, RT are a must, BB8, RP, R2, Rey in that order for the last 2 spots. You want Poe to be as fast as possible since it is his taunt that is going to be doing the bulk of the exposing. Also need a good dose of potency on him and everyone else.

She is but she doesn't bring anything to the table besides damage. The point to a Resistance team is to keep the exposes running so you are constantly giving your team tons of TM and reducing theirs with Poe's taunt. You can use Rey if you need to but she is by far the least important resistance member.
  • My G8 resistance zeta finn squad can beat every single meta team provided I have managed turn meter correctly
    Thanks guys! I have everyone 7 starred by gear and speed are not up to par. I think Poe is only 190 in speed and besides R2 and Poe everyone else is g11 or below.....

You can use that team just fine. Resistance start being viable for GW at g7-g8 as long as you have zFinn, and all of the other's skills that expose maxed. So RT's basic, Poe's taunt, Finn's second special, RP's special, BB8's Illuminated Destiny, etc. Just know that the lower geared they are, the more you have to compensate with mods.
  • Eh, I did Rey before BB8 was a thing, zeta and all. Has been great for the past 7months. Of course if BB8 was out I wouldn’t have done it, but was definitely worth it then. Use BB8 in place of Rey
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »

She is but she doesn't bring anything to the table besides damage. The point to a Resistance team is to keep the exposes running so you are constantly giving your team tons of TM and reducing theirs with Poe's taunt. You can use Rey if you need to but she is by far the least important resistance member.

While this is true, I find Rey's zeta very useful for dealing with rebels. CLS led teams are a pain with their counters, and Biggs can cause a lot of trouble if he is constantly gaining a ton of turn meter from crits. Yes, you can get daze from BB8 too, it's just not as effective, and it's a waste to attack with him instead of using him for Covert Data Transfer and Illuminated Destiny. She's pretty situational though, I'll admit. Swap her out for R2/BB8/Pilot as necessary.
  • Yes, I just finished getting my all Resistance squad to level 85 today and they ran the table for the first time - I swapped in one other squad on Node 5 just to have them TM loaded, but the squad itself is 55k GP, all G8 except for a G9 R2 5* Finn and RP, 6* RT and 7* R2 and Poe.

It's the real deal.

For reference, they took out G11 / G12 hybrid on Node 6 (Zader) and a CLS team on Node 12. I was pretty happy with the zeta investment.
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »

While this is true, I find Rey's zeta very useful for dealing with rebels. CLS led teams are a pain with their counters, and Biggs can cause a lot of trouble if he is constantly gaining a ton of turn meter from crits. Yes, you can get daze from BB8 too, it's just not as effective, and it's a waste to attack with him instead of using him for Covert Data Transfer and Illuminated Destiny. She's pretty situational though, I'll admit. Swap her out for R2/BB8/Pilot as necessary.

I find R2 an effective way of dealing with rebels. When he stealths the team, no worries about counters. And his stun on basic can help keep someone like CLS at bay.
  • R2's burn is also a good way to pop exposes and keep the TM train rolling when the enemy is stealthed or protected by a tank.
  • Absolutely. Tips. Don't fight zaul teams. With those cls, raid Han, r2 gk, zarris teams drop Han with another team. If hand not there ignore all rebels until you have to. Expose and destroy gk Thrawn DN and zarris. Leave rebels with counter for last.
  • R1 squad with R2 instead of Baze they never let me down. Use them for all 12 nodes. The hardest is Gk Zarriss Thrawn + 2others (usually CLS Han/R2/nihilus ) because of all the cleanse. Sometimes can take a few tries until the right Rng
  • Still? Was he ever not?

(Speedy Rey with zeta to take care of counterattacks and shut down Luke’s TM gain when other Rebels are attacked)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • More than viable. Just preload TM on your resistance team on node 6 or 9. Make sure that the very last shot of that node lands a kill on a triple exposed enemy, so all your toons start with full TM, when you use them in node 12.
  • skywhopper
    451 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Here's a video that just explains how it works:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3LGxxVHZhU

As mentioned, the core you need to make the mechanic work are Poe, zFinn lead, Resistance Trooper. Poe needs to go first and be super fast. Potency is king. You want to inflict as many exposes as possible, and every time you damage a toon that has an expose your whole team gains TM. R2 works well with the team. Darth Sidious is also good synergy since he has an AoE expose.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Still? Was he ever not?

(Speedy Rey with zeta to take care of counterattacks and shut down Luke’s TM gain when other Rebels are attacked)

Since there are more CLS with Learn Control Zeta it's a bit harder : CLS often resist expose and stun, so R2 is necessary to prevent his counter
    And CLS gains TM with each hit on rebels so it's annoying
  • Is zFinn viable in GW?

Mod them right, stick it on auto, occasionally target manually and watch the show.

/Yes.
  • Metasly wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Still? Was he ever not?

Since there are more CLS with Learn Control Zeta it's a bit harder : CLS often resist expose and stun, so R2 is necessary to prevent his counter
    And CLS gains TM with each hit on rebels so it's annoying

Unless he's dazed by Rey, which is un-evadeable and irresistible. Daze prevents both counter-attacks and bonus turn meter gain.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    skywhopper wrote: »
    Here's a video that just explains how it works:
    Darth Sidious is also good synergy since he has an AoE expose.

Only problem is his cooldown doesn't reset like the rest of the team so for a couple turns he just sits there doing basically nothing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH