20 zetas really ?

2Next

Replies

• stepgib wrote: »
    If you farm a decent ship squad and can hover around level 50 in the ship arena most days, you can afford to purchase four zeta mats a week.

If you start to slip down the ranks, stop buying zetas and focus on strengthening your ships/pilots to get your rank back.

New players can’t afford to not star ships. You will be lucky to be in the top 100 with a 280-300k fleet. I struggle to stay top 100 and I have a good fleet. And he is right about Empire ships being rare in the fleet store. I see Vader and Boba 1 time every 2 weeks. I have played for almost a year now and have 40 points into Boba and 75 points into Vader. It is frustrating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.

This game is a long haul marathon not a sprint. everything takes time and focus (or money).
  • matt666_wooo
    29 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    moved to correct sub forum.

This game is a long haul marathon not a sprint. everything takes time and focus (or money).

once you hit 80 its a even slower than the 70's . the first 50-60 levels were definitely a sprint nows its just way too slow. game is seeming more like a "daily task" than it is a game . especailly since most of the ships i want dont come around the ship shop but once a week . so theyre just about as rare as a zeta . and a mobile game should not be this money based ( this is the main reason i want to quit) e.a. is money hungry

• matt666_wooo
    29 posts Member
    edited November 2017

[/quote]

New players can’t afford to not star ships. You will be lucky to be in the top 100 with a 280-300k fleet. I struggle to stay top 100 and I have a good fleet. And he is right about Empire ships being rare in the fleet store. I see Vader and Boba 1 time every 2 weeks. I have played for almost a year now and have 40 points into Boba and 75 points into Vader. It is frustrating. [/quote]

this is my problem right now farming the ships i need to farm just be able to get zeta mats . why in the world would i farm ships i dont even have the toons for , would just be **** .

• New players can’t afford to not star ships. You will be lucky to be in the top 100 with a 280-300k fleet. I struggle to stay top 100 and I have a good fleet. And he is right about Empire ships being rare in the fleet store. I see Vader and Boba 1 time every 2 weeks. I have played for almost a year now and have 40 points into Boba and 75 points into Vader. It is frustrating. [/quote]

this is my problem right now farming the ships i need to farm just be able to get zeta mats . why in the world would i farm ships i dont even have the toons for , would just be **** .[/quote]

U are doing it wrong cause I have vaders ship and it didn't take that long.

• New players can’t afford to not star ships. You will be lucky to be in the top 100 with a 280-300k fleet. I struggle to stay top 100 and I have a good fleet. And he is right about Empire ships being rare in the fleet store. I see Vader and Boba 1 time every 2 weeks. I have played for almost a year now and have 40 points into Boba and 75 points into Vader. It is frustrating.

this is my problem right now farming the ships i need to farm just be able to get zeta mats . why in the world would i farm ships i dont even have the toons for , would just be **** .[/quote]

U are doing it wrong cause I have vaders ship and it didn't take that long.[/quote]

not everyone gets the same drops in the ship shop , its totally random . and ive been getting the short end of the stick . been farming their ships since i was like lvl 60 still not 5* bc they just dont drop for me , having to rely on an "rng " system for me to even get zeta is a little bit stupid. and gonna def benefit luckier players . me im not so lucky in all aspects of life and this is showing it :/
  • ive literally sat next to another player at the time of ship shop reset and everyone is diff from toons shards to ship shards . i just want to be able to farm the darkside ships i have . not wait two weeks for 5shards to "randomly" show up in the ship shop .
  • Jermunji
    108 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Lol, wait till you find out the drop rate of Zetas from the Zeta challenge.

Oh my goodness. And I almost forgot how hard it was just to three star the challenge! All that trouble for what? Drop rates similar to the shop shard packs!

tenor.gif?itemid=5448055
  • Imo just give 3 or 5 daily shipchallenges, that would definitely help
  • Farming ships, is far more important as soon as you enter fleet arena then the zeta mats by far. As already pointed out, if you are able to rank high in Fleet, you will be holding that rank and collecting much more currency and thus be able to buy the zeta mats at a much quicker rate.
    I can understand you wanting to focus on zeta mats now, but believe me, and others here have already said it, you will be much farther ahead doing the ships full tilt . And this was before they added crystals to the fleet reward.
    Can not stress this enough, but in the end, it is your choice.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Unless your fleet shard is nearing end game, I think you're better off going the slow route and getting your zeta mats from the challenge. 2000 fleet currency buys 20 ship blueprints, which is 1/5 the way from 6* to 7* on a ship.

Spend all that currency on blueprints. Build your pilots up (but farm their shards or buy in other stores, not fleet store). The more you do this, the more you move up in fleet arena, and the more fleet currency you bring in (not to mention the crystals at the top end). Meanwhile (if you haven't already) you've improved your DS fleet enough to beat the Tarkin challenge and start beating the zeta challenge.

I have yet to purchase a single zeta mat and am currently about ready to get my third zeta.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Except now blueprints are being added to PvE shipments so use your fleet currency for zetas. If you feel like it.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Well yeah things have changed since I wrote that post ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Lol, wait till you find out the drop rate of Zetas from the Zeta challenge.

is why I did not even bring that up ^^
    Zeta challenge aka whale battles.
  • Unfortunately both sides are right but both sides are also wrong. People seem to love the extremes. Just because it shouldn't be easy to get zetas, it doesn't mean is should be too difficult either! I don't think that getting 1 zeta a month is fair and honestly it's more than a month unless you spend your precious fleet tokens to buy them.

I have had streches on both of my accounts where i had 12 days of zeta challenge that gave me 0 zetas. That's kind of insane and really makes no sense. Meanwhile some guy in my shard could've gotten 20 zetas in those 12 days and managed to get a month's advantage over me. Which translates to more crystals in arena and significantly more damage in raids. That's all theoretical but entirely possible.

Take the phonix squad, 5 of 6 members got a zeta and some of those zetas are very powerful. A guild mate if mine got all 5 of them and managed to solo p4 of tank doing 12 million damage. If i wanted to do that i must farm 5 months to get all of these zetas. Who knows how much can change by then.

You look at arena and the meta changes so frequently that it's insane. I want to zeta my savage and barriss but there's no way i can spare 40 zetas right now. I think that 3 weeks to zeta one ability without spending any fleet tokens and 2 weeks if you do is a legitimate pace and i think it's not too bad.

I've played the game for over 14 months and i have been farming zetas since approximately May. I only have had 5 zetas and now 1 free for anniversary rewards which doesn't cause cause i didn't farm them. But honestly that's not enough considering how many zetas exist in the game... I've had savage at g11 for months, kylo at 10 with one piece to 11, STHan, R2s second zeta, 2 more for CLS, Leia, Rey, farmer Luke, Thrawns 2 zetas, Nihilus 2 zetas, Vader, Dooku, Ezra, 2 for Yoda, QGJ, Boba and more who I forget, all at gear 10 or 11 and they still are sitting without zetas and probably won't get one.

Not to mention how many g8-9 characters what I haven't geared up yet only because I know I won't zeta them... I just named 20 zetas that I'm missing and there's definitely more like Tarkin, Ahsoka, old ben, hera, kanan, sabine, zeb and many more that i can't remember. If you think that 1 zeta a month is good then you are not honest to yourself. 2 month seems much more balanced