Favorite Fictional Character of All Time

Prev1
Who are your favorite fictional characters? They can be from any fictional medium; television, movies, video games, novels, comics, etc.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Charles Foster Kane
  • Options
    Honor Harrington
  • Options
    Colonel Starck.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Too many. Vader, Master Chief, Gandalf, Yoda, Kirby, Ron Swanson, Samus, R2-D2, Dwight Schrute, Ace Ventura. Obviously too many mediums to choose from :p
  • Options
    Lenny, from of Mice and Men
  • Options
    This guy
    giphy.gif
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    This guy
    giphy.gif

That part was about the only thing I enjoyed about that book. Just one man's opinion, but I'm not sure why it became so popular.
  • Options
    This guy
    giphy.gif

What, is it a problem that I enjoy reading?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I like God - he is in a book called "The Holy Bible". He is cool he preaches love to everyone but if people don't do what he wants then they suffer God's wrath - he floods Earth and even gets some dude to kill his children then he preaches forgiveness - its all very confusing but pretty cool.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I like God - he is in a book called "The Holy Bible". He is cool he preaches love to everyone but if people don't do what he wants then they suffer God's wrath - he floods Earth and even gets some dude to kill his children then he preaches forgiveness - its all very confusing but pretty cool.
    The bible is a solid novel, if tonally inconsistent and often hypocritical. But like movies, thats what happens when you have multiple (screen)writers.
  • Options
    Darth Vader, Conan, Longshot.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Darth Vader, Conan, Longshot.

Conan? seriously? that made me chuckle.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I blasted through the old Howard books in high school. Conan is the bomb.

I’ll hold my comments about all the revisions and “reimagining” and other $#!T but, the original Howard source material kicks @$$.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Detective Vic Mackey, The Shield.
    Worf, Star Trek: TNG & DS9.
    Rusty Venture, The Venture Bros.
    Sterling Archer, Archer.
    Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China.
    Vlad Taltos, The Vlad Taltos Series.
    Captain America.

A dirty cop.
    An alien warrior.
    A failed scientist.
    A narcissistic super-spy.
    An truck-driving hero wannabe.
    An assassin who practices witchcraft.
    And a super-soldier.

Somebody put these guys in the same room and see what happens!
  • Options
    My favourite Star Wars characters (In rough order):

1. Grand Moff Tarkin

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi/ Old Ben Kenobi

3. Darth Vader

4. Palpatine

5. Thrawn

6. Quinlan Vos

7. Han Solo

8. Count Dooku

9. Kit Fito

10. Yoda
  • Options
    My favourite Star Wars characters (In rough order):

1. Grand Moff Tarkin

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi/ Old Ben Kenobi

3. Darth Vader

4. Palpatine

5. Thrawn

6. Quinlan Vos

7. Han Solo

8. Count Dooku

9. Kit Fito

10. Yoda

That’s strange, tarkin is your #1. I don’t see that often, can you explain to me why he is your favorite?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Lol - I was wondering the same thing.
  • Options
    Lol - I was wondering the same thing.

Yeah, me too
  • Options
    Your mom.
  • Admiral_Wh1skers
    1352 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sothe wrote: »
    Your mom is a very nice person
    Thank you
  • Options
    This guy
    giphy.gif

You win. It’s not a contest but you still win.
  • Options
    My girlfriend
  • Options
    My girlfriend

Lol
  • Options
    1. frank castle the punisher

2. thane krios - mass effect 2 and 3

3. jax teller - sons of anarchy

4. connor and murphy - boondock saints

5. tony montana - scarface

6 negan - the walking dead
  • Options
    Tarkin is the best villain in the Star Wars films, no contest. Probably because Peter Cushing is such a great actor. Good grief, even Vader was Tarkin's errand boy! He was coolly-almost-casually villainous without being over-the-top borderline goofy (Palpatine) or seven feet tall all in black with a scary voice and a laser sword. And he wasn't a stupid Muppet (think about how much more effective Jabba would have been if he had played by a really good actor, ya know, acting instead of whatever the Hell that slug was supposed to be). And he wasn't a whiney baby (I will leave it to you to figure out which two villains came off as that). Really, Maul (for different reasons) and Dooku (for the same reason) are the only two that come close.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku was awesome and certainly the same calibur as Tarkin, as Chris and Pete were in a lot of movies together - particularly the old Hammer vampire/Dracula movies.

Although Tarkin was good he was quite boring as I do favour Sith - it is star wars after all.

Having said that I was very disappointed with Dooku - he was very underused.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Dooku was awesome and certainly the same calibur as Tarkin, as Chris and Pete were in a lot of movies together - particularly the old Hammer vampire/Dracula movies.

Although Tarkin was good he was quite boring as I do favour Sith - it is star wars after all.

Dooku was underused but he did steal every scene he was in. Tarkin owns every scene he was in. Frankly, if it wasn't for Cushing and Alex Guiness, Star Wars would have been a flop. Ford, Fisher, and Hamill were poorly directed in the film and their acting is borderline terrible. Cushing and Guiness were the glue that kept the film together. James Earl Jones was good, too, and had someone with less presence been chosen to voice Vader, it wouldn't have worked.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Chagoth wrote: »

Dooku was underused but he did steal every scene he was in. Tarkin owns every scene he was in. Frankly, if it wasn't for Cushing and Alex Guiness, Star Wars would have been a flop. Ford, Fisher, and Hamill were poorly directed in the film and their acting is borderline terrible. Cushing and Guiness were the glue that kept the film together. James Earl Jones was good, too, and had someone with less presence been chosen to voice Vader, it wouldn't have worked.

True. (by the way its Alec not Alex) but ya I agree. Ford - although a huge star now was still new. I believe Star Wars was his 2nd role after American Graffiti, so was still largely unknown at the time.

Vader was originally voiced by David Prowse, who actually played Vader under the suit - but his voice did not suit the character and was terrible. They switched it for Jones, much to Prowse's initial upset.

• Options
    Either Thrawn or Vader. Yoda and R2 are honorable mentions!
  • Options
    1.Scorpius(my avatar)
    2.John Crichton
    3.Douglas Quaid(Total Recall 1990)

On a side note the actor who played Scoripus (Wayne Pygram) also played Tarkin in episode 3