what are your top 3 squads for darkside TB?

Trying to formulate a game plan for darkside. Who are your go to squads?

Replies

• fotrovina
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    If DS TB was released now:
    1 - Thrawn, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper, Tarkin, Emperor
    2 - Zader, Zidious, Nihilus, Maul, TIE Pilot
    3 - HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, Boba, Sun Fac

By the time DS TB will come:
    1 - Thrawn, Tarkin, TIE Pilot, Royal Guard, Emperor
    2 - Veers, Starck, Snowtrooper, Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper
    3 - Zader, Zidious, Nihilus, Maul, Tusken Shaman

Most likely something like this...maybe change some characters between the teams...i will just try to split my pool of good Empire/Sith characters into 3 teams...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Considering we don't know the general setup it will be hard to tell... we kinda need to know who will be required and who will be the dark horse (like resistance in LS TB, never required but solid to clear a round)
  • zzNihilus (L), Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper, Emperor, & zSavage (or maul if there’s lots of jedis)

zVader (L), zSid, zBoba, TFP, & Shore

zVeers (L), Snow, Death, Magma, & Storm
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Full Sith Team under zMaul and a mix Sith Empire under Zader.
    NS would probably be my number 3 - but, you know.... years before 7* MT. But still, revamped Azzajj probably still pulls them up with no need for zombie and MT (but not NEARLY as fun).
    I have 7* Droid squad, but they're a solid meh. Veers and a few troopers 7*, and, also, meh.
    Point of the new weird toon release is, though, we don't have the same options.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • 1) Talzin, Ventress, Talia, Daka, Acolyte

2) Thrawn led empire. Shore, Deathtrooper, Tarkin Palatine? Krennic will probably be 7* by then. There’s several other characters I could use here. Could probably make 2 empire teams.

3) Maul, Savage, Assassin, Nihilus and either Palpatine or Vader (depending on above team).

Platoon needs and required characters will obviously throw a wrench into things, but I should be able to adapt just fine.
  • Hey, good question. I have been splitting my DS into squads to answer this same question. At great risk of ridicule for being lame, here is what I have come up with so far.
    l3PzaTK.png
    I am betting FO and Veers are going to be powerhouses. Would love to replace Magma with Colonel Starck, but he won't be available for another 6 months so that isn't an option.
    • If Sith or Bounty Hunters are a focus faction, I am hosed
    • Nightsisters will get more gear when DSTB comes around
    • Krennic is not 7* so will have to switch for Thrawn in later phases
    • Likely put a zeta on Vader's lead and switch with Palpatine
  • LSTB has certain battles that require Rebels, Phoenix, and Rogue One. There are also Hoth specific toon requirements like ROLO and SNOWLO. Which is actually ALL REBELS. So, do you think DSTB will be similar? It could possibly require all empire including trooper specific battles. Of the three toons they just released, all are Hoth-specific, all are DS, two are Empire, and one is a trooper. If the DSTB will be set on Hoth, I imagine these will be our required toons. I kinda hope I'm wrong. I'd rather see the requirements spread out to other factions.
  • Probably looking at Veers and Snowtrooper as required heroes, and Stark (Stork? Streak?) as the one needed to get the Wampa.
    I suspect TM reduction, stun, ability block and daze will play a major role in the tougher battles, especially against some of the more annoying rebels. I'm going to try to get as many squads as possible that have at least one of those. Luckily DS heroes have those debuffs in spades (Fett, 88, Vader, Emp, Tarkin, RG, Maul, Nih, Thrawn, Assaj, ....)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Hey, good question. I have been splitting my DS into squads to answer this same question. At great risk of ridicule for being lame, here is what I have come up with so far.
    <crop>
    I am betting FO and Veers are going to be powerhouses. Would love to replace Magma with Colonel Starck, but he won't be available for another 6 months so that isn't an option.
    • If Sith or Bounty Hunters are a focus faction, I am hosed
    • Nightsisters will get more gear when DSTB comes around
    • Krennic is not 7* so will have to switch for Thrawn in later phases
    • Likely put a zeta on Vader's lead and switch with Palpatine

aw ... Bounty Hunters will be a required faction
    NEW Territory Battle - Imperial Retaliation
    The Dark Side of Hoth has arrived! Starting this week, players will take on the mantle of the Empire as they crush the Rebellion and destroy the hidden base on Hoth. Moving towards the Rebel base, players will experience the following:
    • Colonel Starck, Imperial Probe Droid, General Veers, Snowtrooper, and Darth Vader are the new Hoth Hero units and will be required units for Special Missions.
    • Some combat missions will require Empire, Imperial Trooper, and Bounty Hunter factions.
    • The first three vertical slices will have curated, static squad requirements <<Dark Side Platoon Requirements>>.
    • The special abilities you fought to activate in Rebel Assault, you will fight to deactivate in Imperial Retaliation – and vice versa!
    • An additional territory has been added, so that a total of 48 stars can be obtained.
    • We’ve dropped combat and special mission encounters from 6 waves to 4 waves.

• zhilus, Sith Trooper, Maul, Count Dooku, Palpatine
    -If I had Sith Assassin I’d pick him over Palpatine
    -zhilus over Zader cuz you need thenhealth regen to survive

zThrawn, Royal Guard, TFP, Vader, Shore
    -If I had Krennic, he’d replace Vader

Zeers, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Magmatrooper, Deathtooper
    -Death Trooper for health steal/survivability
    -Idea is to survive then airstrike, survive and airstrike, like Phoenix
  • LSTB has certain battles that require Rebels, Phoenix, and Rogue One. There are also Hoth specific toon requirements like ROLO and SNOWLO. Which is actually ALL REBELS. So, do you think DSTB will be similar? It could possibly require all empire including trooper specific battles. Of the three toons they just released, all are Hoth-specific, all are DS, two are Empire, and one is a trooper. If the DSTB will be set on Hoth, I imagine these will be our required toons. I kinda hope I'm wrong. I'd rather see the requirements spread out to other factions.

giphy.gif
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I ran today Vader, Veers, Shore, Death, and Thrawn for the special. Then NS for one, they handled it swimmingly. FO for another, only Kylo survived the last phase.

Shoretrooper needs a little more love than a single hard node. He's been out for, what, a year now?
    Post edited by DasMurich on