More GW Ranting :)

Dok
140 posts Member
edited November 2017
PSA: In light of the recent update notes, this entire post may no longer apply

I know we've been told GW is WAI, but how is that possible when some people have incredibly easy enemies on node 12, sometimes 11? The people that get these broken nodes also have the highest GP. It's their teams the rest of us get stonewalled by while they get an easy cruise to the end of GW. Why doesn't the algorithm at least allow for them to play against the strongest team available, instead of a random low power squad anyone can beat?

I'm not bringing this up because I want GW to be easy. I like having a challenge. I have zFinn, so I can actually beat those meta teams without a meta team myself (although, as far as GW goes, zFinn is meta), but the current system of using whatever percentage increase over your team to determine your opponent doesn't work. A meta team with the same GP/whatever power calculation being used is already going to be quite a bit better overall than my team. That's why they're meta. Add the 20% increase (or w/e) to that, and they become much more powerful than my team, to the point that they're unbeatable without going in with a preloaded zFinn team.

Maybe take the overall usage stats of characters into account in the calculation that determines a character's power (for GW at least, like a hidden stat that doesn't affect TB). The stats used now are fairly arbitrary. CLS is far stronger than a character with equal GP, as are many others.

GW isn't a competitive feature like the Arenas. It's there to have an extra place to farm from, if you choose to take the time to do it (my understanding, at least). "Get zFinn" is not a good answer. The ability to use an undergeared, understarred, underleveled team just takes the argument in the other direction. If so many players can't complete it without zFinn or a meta team, but said zFinn team makes GW a joke, even when they can be so far behind in GP, the system isn't designed or balanced very well.

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The smiley face in the thread title is confusing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    TVF wrote: »
    The smiley face in the thread title is confusing.

Haha. I know. GW gets complained about a lot, and I'm sure my thread adding onto it is more annoying than helpful, so I thought a :) might counteract that a little.
  • I can assure you that you do not need a "high" GP to break Node 12. I have the 49th highest GP in my guild and my node 12 is broken because of roster choices I've made. Prior to breaking node 12, I completed GW about once every two or three weeks. Fortunately, my team isn't strong enough to face super-modded meta comps on Node 11, just your average Node 11 all G12 meta comp. I almost always finish GW now, but also almost always lose my best team, sometimes two.

And yes, I agree that zFinn makes GW far easier and represents a good investment overall.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    I can assure you that you do not need a "high" GP to break Node 12. I have the 49th highest GP in my guild and my node 12 is broken because of roster choices I've made. Prior to breaking node 12, I completed GW about once every two or three weeks. Fortunately, my team isn't strong enough to face super-modded meta comps on Node 11, just your average Node 11 all G12 meta comp. I almost always finish GW now, but also almost always lose my best team, sometimes two.

And yes, I agree that zFinn makes GW far easier and represents a good investment overall.

Breaking those nodes still isn't a thing everyone can do though. It still requires a high enough power rating that the system can't find a team to match you against that works with the algorithm. GW difficulty is being addressed according to the update notes, though, so I'll be a happy camper if it works :)