Version update 11/22 MEGA

Replies

• JacenRoe wrote: »
    So are Bounty Hunters getting a rework? They are listed as a required faction for Dark Side Territory Battles. The only problem is that except for Boba Fett they are terrible. They have a little DPS, but no healer, no cleanser, and no taunt. They have badly outdated kits, and are not the kind of sustainable teams required for the TB format. Are they going to be improved upon soon?

@CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon

Have to be - they are just incredibly limited. Probably worst full faction in the game now right?
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    So are Bounty Hunters getting a rework? They are listed as a required faction for Dark Side Territory Battles. The only problem is that except for Boba Fett they are terrible. They have a little DPS, but no healer, no cleanser, and no taunt. They have badly outdated kits, and are not the kind of sustainable teams required for the TB format. Are they going to be improved upon soon?

We haven't announced anything as of yet, BUT, I'll add your feedback to the list of players requesting Bounty Hunter reworks. Stay tuned!

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Overall, I'm happy with this update. I liked it and it was on right time to celebrate the anniversary. However...

I hope that the new events are fun and that time commitment is not HUGE. I loved when this game was collect to conquer. I play since launch. Now it is a full time job if you want to compete. That is the reason I moved out from an active guild; no time for TB coordination, arena, raids, rules, out-of-game communication to get things done, etc., etc. Now we will have another full TB AND GvG :neutral:. No more cooldown period between TBs, you will be doing and frenetically coordinating TW!

For soft-players, you know, the ones that like the collect part, things got really annoying. I'm at 10/80 shards from ROLO and with fewer iterations of LS TB, her and the new imperial droid will be unobtainable characters for me, like, 2 or 4 shards per MONTH. Unless I devote more and more time to the game (change to more active guild = give up with dinner with your kids), which I'll probably not do.

I'm hyped because of all things Empire and looking forward to the new TB gameplay but the time cut offs are low. You do realize you could just give us the 0 timer right? Having to get back after 2 min to sim challenges again once you reached a high level and play for a long time is not a reason to stay playing, it yet another drop in the glass of "i'll freaking quit this **** right now".

Finally, one note about packs. It is clear you are experimenting with the right price point. For Luke, I purchased the Old Ben pack to complete in time and, well, used Luke once or twice. Why I made the purchase? It worth it from my point of view: nice and not-so-freaking-expensive way to support the game; I got a full drop, not random chance of getting nothing; I was not buying an easy farm char, but buying a legendary, extremely rare character on time; the price was for a single character and it was way better than being forced to purchase a huge mega pack with a lot of useless shards as it was for BB-8 (which I would buy again if there was a single FOST pack, but it wasn't). I'm pointing this as a sort of feedback from the Vets being "farmable". It is clear that they will be required for Rey journey and it is even more clear that they will not be ready in time for the vast majority. And obviously there will be packs popping up to buy them. I strongly suggest making separate packs. I'll not buy any of them but definitely this will make other light spenders happy, not only huge mega krakens.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • I like the update overall a lot. The QoL / timing changes are critical. Minimizing CD timers and GW will be great. I do agree that 2x drops for just that limited amount of time is a bit of a downer. For an annual anniversary why can't we get at least 5 days or the entire week?

Both vets in Cantina is kind of a relief - I feared one or both would go on a hard node only. While one in a shop would be nice, having none on a hard node...I'll take it!

Very excited for DS TB....that zeta on Veers shall be unleashed! Rebel scum feel the wrath!!!
  • This update has been worth it for a single DOT image with a number above it. Really tidied things up in the raid battle I just did. Much better than a screen full of DOTs.
  • I think it's a great update.

Geezer Han and Chewie is predictable but I never expected to get Rey first time anyway.

I have a feeling that after seeing what CLS did to the meta they intentionally want to limit the amount of Reys that flood the game straight away. I also think CLS will be back in December too.
  • Oh and bring back the subs, make it 30-day not 21 and don't steal our money if we miss a login day. Other games that are poorly designed (IMO) do this: you have 30 days of rewards, not 30 consecutive, expiring days. I'm paying for the digital good you can't expire it dammit!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Vets to cantina nodes...what a surprise...NOT!

You know there are shipments you can stick some of these character shards in right?!

Amen, I hit a frigging titanium WALL when I hit Cantina 8.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Edward wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Maize wrote: »
    Whales only getting Rey, thanks.

This.

This game has gotten blatantly more greedy in the last year. Been playing since launch and it wasn't as bad as it is now.

Took away the 21 Day crystals pack and force us to buy the much more expensive ones, decision has been made as not to spend another penny

Yeah, same here. I bought that every time. Chalked it up to a subscription to play the game. Not bad. Sometimes even dropped $20 or $50 on stuff.

But not since the removal.

Same here....
  • When this arrives, will the TB store have empire characters and ships available?
  • Still no way to multi buy bronzium cards? I've got over a million ally points and no desire to sit and continuously buy one after the other...

Otherwise update sounds good.
  • Moonside
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ipad mini 4, ios 11, app auto updated (which was weird as I purposefully didn't update as I read problems).
    app launches but stalls on the download content process and then shows "connection error".
    Are the game servers down?
    Post edited by Moonside on
  • This sounds like a great update. Too bad I downloaded it during the hour before my arena payouts. Now all the app does is crash after the loading splash screen.
  • Is there any info on what the changes are coming to the various PVE stores you mention? Could we get an update on that Devs?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Moonside wrote: »
    Iphone 6s, ios 11, app auto updated (which was weird as I purposefully didn't update as I read problems).
    app launches but stalls on the download content process and then shows "connection error".
    Are the game servers down?
    Try turning off wifi
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • LORDKAI wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs Regardless of the amount of complains you will undoubtedly receive on this update, I thank you. As a person with a life and job, etc, I appreciate having time constraints cut down, and GW being managable as I haven't beat more than 10 since G12 came out.

Upvote. I just need to find time to read the novel of the update lol

I'd make a War and Peace joke here, but in this case its just war and war. XD
    This doesn't even include all the Pack and Bundle info (which will come soon!).

would be nice to know what the requirements are for Rey's hero's journey...
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Try turning off wifi

Gave that a whirl. Tells me it needs to download an additional 151mb of data. Then quits.
  • @ ztyle thanks for the reply, unfortunately its an ipad and I know it issnt a wifi or connectivity issue
    and, other internet apps work.
  • I can't get the update because google play says my device is not compatible with this version. Im using a samsung s7 edge.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Moonside wrote: »
    @ ztyle thanks for the reply, unfortunately its an ipad and I know it issnt a wifi or connectivity issue
    and, other internet apps work.

The problem can be in the game code, witch makes it impossible to use wifi, Force Arena suffered a lot with that(before I got bored with it) and could only get the data via cell network(both android and iOS)
    BTW you wrote iPhone 6s
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • LORDKAI wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    LORDKAI wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs Regardless of the amount of complains you will undoubtedly receive on this update, I thank you. As a person with a life and job, etc, I appreciate having time constraints cut down, and GW being managable as I haven't beat more than 10 since G12 came out.

We're listening and improving all the time. Our Community Feedback is a key to the Game's success.
    Thanks for the support!
    kevsmart wrote: »
    A lot of good stuff here EXCEPT having both Vets on cantina nodes, meaning we can't farm both of them at the same time. Just a baffling decision.
    You will have to make choices, but eventually, you'll all get to there in the end ;)

See you in the Cantina for a while :)

Ry_Diggs

Well sure, we'll get there. But if they are both required to get the new Rey next month that is going to be extremely difficult to get both of them.

Any of us who have been with the game for much time have come to the acceptance that 1st time through a legendary event is for p2p and lucky people. The rest of us get it on the 2nd try. I'm content with that.

I'm with you. That's why I'm ready for Thrawn and CLS now. Making a choice isn't as bad as others make it out to be.
  • @ztyle you are correct.....my bad. not using iphone 6s for this game
  • MLFNK wrote: »
    On iPhone 7, running the latest iOS the game crashes on startup. So that's not good.

Mine is doing this too. Are they working on a fix or something? I wish I had seen this before updating I would have waited. I was finished with my daily’s
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    A lot of good stuff here EXCEPT having both Vets on cantina nodes, meaning we can't farm both of them at the same time. Just a baffling decision.

It’s a great decision. You can buy a $70 pack! That way you can be sure to have both ready for Rey. And you can be sure your banked shop currency can be used on the amazing mob enforcer, zam, or even CUP!
  • I'd assume they'd have a DS store, or at least enter in extra places for DS character and ship shards.
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »

We haven't announced anything as of yet, BUT, I'll add your feedback to the list of players requesting Bounty Hunter reworks. Stay tuned!

RT

Ohhhhhh I like the sound of that response!
  • "Qui-Gon Jinn: Fixed back-end performance issue caused by Qui-gon Jin's leader ability"

Could I get a response on what this means?
  • Downloaded the update from the App Store but didn’t see the new features yet
  • ios problem update: I reset the ipad and connected to a hotspot (different wifi). Deleted the app, redownloaded and launched. It is working as expected now. I also reconnected to my original wifi and relaunched. woring as expected. Good luck ios users!