Ships

Can anyone explain ships to me? I’ve played this game for 2 yrs and ships has never made sense since they launched them. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why things happen. Why does this ship go first? Why is their spd higher? Why is their armor this number? How do you make anything better? It’s the most frustrating and least thought out part of this game. I’ve asked before and no one has given me a straight answer. Power rating? Doesn’t matter. Stars? Doesn’t matter. Which ships they use? Doesn’t matter. All I’ve ever heard is some vague, pseudo nonsense about mods on the pilots making a difference, but no one knows how. My pilots are some of my best characters. My ships are terrible. Anyone have actual strategy for this and not just a shrug?

Replies

• Think toons pre-mods. Some are just faster/beefier/etc than others. If you want to know more about individual ships before investing, use swgoh.gg
  • Swgoh.gg actually gives a lot of detail on the breakdown of power and what factors go into it. For example; https://swgoh.gg/u/onemessdupkid/ships/kylo-rens-command-shuttle/ . If you link your Swgoh, maybe i/we can provide some suggestions on team composition.

• I’m already linked.
  • Sawyerstooth
    341 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I see lots of numbers, but 1.what does any of that actually mean? And 2.how do you make the numbers better? Again, this is all confusing. I’m great at math, but these numbers are all arbitrary without meaning.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I see lots of numbers, but 1.what does any of that actually mean? And 2.how do you make the numbers better? Again, this is all confusing. I’m great at math, but these numbers are all arbitrary without meaning.

Increase stats by promoting and enhancing your ship, and increasing the power of the pilot
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/79552/mostly-inclusive-guide-to-ships#latest

moved to strategy section. but it doesn't sound like you don't understand. more like you dont believe, because mods are simple, 5 dot fully upgraded add the most.
    stars matter
    lvls matter
    they all add power to your ships. (offense, defense, attack and defense.)
    abilities add speed

check out the link.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/79552/mostly-inclusive-guide-to-ships#latest

moved to strategy section. but it doesn't sound like you don't understand. more like you dont believe, because mods are simple, 5 dot fully upgraded add the most.
    stars matter
    lvls matter
    they all add power to your ships. (offense, defense, attack and defense.)
    abilities add speed

check out the link.

You’re correct. I don’t believe the numbers. I’ve been to that link, seen the spreadsheets, and tried to figure this out. But, none of that translates to a difference in gameplay. That’s why I’m frustrated and stuck between 550-750 in pvp ships and I want to throw my phone every time I do the 1, single required daily. Because nothing changes. I’ve gotten several ships up to 6*, the characters were ALREADY 7* g10-11, 5 dot mods. And nothing changes
  • Are you using the wrong ships?
    There are better ships and set ups with synergy, you can’t just dump 5 of your ships with highest GP into your Fleet Arena and pray for the best.
  • Ship stars increase the multiplier that takes the pilot into account. Every piece of gear, every ability, every mod makes the pilot slightly better.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    In ship battles it sometimes feels like random, because it is, and the reason is that if two ships fill their TM at the same time, it will be random who goes first.
    I ship battles it will happen a lot as they don't have the variety of modded toons, just think back at the Poe meta
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • To answer a question you didnt ask, the secret to ships is Biggs autotaunt with 4 target lockers (on basic is best). This is because those target locks give biggs protection and taunt. Tarkin works the best, and most easy farm target lockers are dark side.

Now to answer your question, each ship has some base stats (speed, armor, hp, protection). As you gear and upgrade your ship and pilot, those stats increase at a set amount. You cannot increase one stat alone, because the ships have fixed stats (minimum and maximum).

As everyone has said, pilot rarity, 5* lvl 15 mods (no matter what they are), ship rarity, gear, etc all work to increase your ships stats.