So yeah... I am not mad about it but...

They have made my team considerably more ineffective by allowing multiple attacks from the other team to go first.... and my team is pretty good. Almost max gear on all toons. 6 7 7 5 6 stars on HK 88 86 Poe and Poggle with 6-7 abilities all on where they matter. When even teams with moderate damage get 7 attacks before me I lose 2 toons in round 1. So I am dropping out of the competition. I'll just do my daily 5 and be top 30.... Save my crystals for chromium packs....

I could kill other twam's Poe in 2-3 shots and still stand a chance. There is no competition though when I am gimped down to 3 toons before my first shot with all LVL 70s... well started and geared.

The problem seems to be less QGJ and more Genosian S. Either way though
.. I should probably go back to learning SQL....

Replies

• Try switching to Poggle lead and swap out HK for GS?
  • I found thoose same issues but I am mad I can't win a galaxy challenge even thou I have all player levels 70 and well stocked up too! I think that this new update just waisted all the money I spent on this game. I think we should all complain to the developers about this type of issue. And my battles leave me stuck at around 400 - 300 every day not cool ! That being said I need some more advanced players on my team of ally's for other challenges would anyone like to join up.
  • OP, you have a good team, but this team has two problems. Problem number 1 is Poggle. Problem number 2 is Poe.

• AnonymousLlama
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    They have made my team considerably more ineffective by allowing multiple attacks from the other team to go first.... and my team is pretty good. Almost max gear on all toons. 6 7 7 5 6 stars on HK 88 86 Poe and Poggle with 6-7 abilities all on where they matter. When even teams with moderate damage get 7 attacks before me I lose 2 toons in round 1. So I am dropping out of the competition. I'll just do my daily 5 and be top 30.... Save my crystals for chromium packs....

I could kill other twam's Poe in 2-3 shots and still stand a chance. There is no competition though when I am gimped down to 3 toons before my first shot with all LVL 70s... well started and geared.

We have nearly identical teams, and you're right. I refuse to jump on the complain-train because it's a game that I still enjoy and I have to believe that either they'll tweak some more settings and find a better balance or that a new character or two will be introduced that will put droid-focused squads back in the mix.

I see a handful of folks saying that droid teams still rank in the top 10, but it appears to be 7* Maxed teams that do it. I was competing top 20 with a team that was underpowered but could maintain with thoughtful strategy. I struggle to stay top 100 at the moment. Ultimately I decided to spend a few weeks saving mats/gold/gear in anticipation of something that will make a drastic change to my squads dynamic.

BnBTobaccoist should be along shortly to tell you that you really need to grind GS and could 7* him in a few short weeks.

Lastly, what is SQL? Pardon my ignorance, just a term I haven't seen here.
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Structured Query Language

• Well, the speed train goes on and on ...
    You have to change your squad a bit to be competitive.
    Get GS next to 88 and 86, so you can still kill the biggest threat (esp Rey) early enough.
    Against QGJ teams, bring Dooku.
  • They have made my team considerably more ineffective by allowing multiple attacks from the other team to go first.... and my team is pretty good. Almost max gear on all toons. 6 7 7 5 6 stars on HK 88 86 Poe and Poggle with 6-7 abilities all on where they matter. When even teams with moderate damage get 7 attacks before me I lose 2 toons in round 1. So I am dropping out of the competition. I'll just do my daily 5 and be top 30.... Save my crystals for chromium packs....

State Quarter coLlection?
  • It is difficult to find a variety of working synergies in a broken meta....
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    JoshG wrote: »

Sexy quinoa lovers
  • JoshG wrote: »

Sexy quinoa lovers

Ok, this is my new favorite. Thanks!
  • Poggle, Poe and HK are 3 Support slots to buff 2 threats. That's too much Support in current meta. Was valid in past meta thanks go Poe, but no longer is. I suggest you to change a bit, remove at least one of them, and replace him with another threat. Remove Poggle, Poe or HK, and add Geo or QGJ.
    Depending on the new magnaguard and the new Grievous, my current preffered lineup for Droids is 47,88,86, QGJ and GS. That's 4.5 threats (HK hits decently self buffed). 4 of them can potentially one shot a squishy target.

I still fight for 1 spot in my server, and I don't have 7* team because I'm more focused in B-C squads for GW.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My server is not a softlaunch server, but we are all lvl 70 and 7*, except some players running 5* Rey or some utility units like Poggle. Might or .might not help you. But droids are resistencia there yet.

My server:

2q2ljxf.png

My rivals in the server:

IMG
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    This whole idea about a speed meta, the meta being broken, etc etc...

I end up hovering in between top 20 and top 10 every day when awards drop. Top 20 if I can't be bothered to do all Arena battles. I have never bought an Arena battle refill.

Here's a battle where I win comfortably vs a classic speed team: https://youtu.be/-CcesyUpTWw

I'll post more vids when I get around to it. Just throwing this out here to show that those high speed teams can be dealt with. There are counter strategies available. People just need to start trying them out.
  • hm, hearing you breathing on this vid is sorta creepy :) and this is not "the" speed burst meta team.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I think this is the wind some sound effect from the game... Lol, I don't think the microphone is active when recording the screen. Otherwise you'd probably hear a cat meowing too. :D

Oh btw I just made a second video, where I beat a full droid team with Poe and Poggle.
    https://youtu.be/elCiJVT0bg8
    I'm not saying it's easy. It shouldn't be. But I think this does go a long way to prove that there are builds that aren't "meta" that are more than viable for high end Arena battles.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well the meta will shift from time to time. If you wanna keep a droid team going forward, I suggest getting Royal Guard up asap and replace Poe with him.

Otherwise, it's time to make a change to the speedster toons.

I know it sucks - I had to completely rebuild after the Poe nerf as well, but I'm enjoying the game much more than the old Poe coin flip. Finally got back into top 5 this last week

I also think Poggle(lead), GS, 86, Poe and Lumi can get the job done on offense
  • Your issue is the same as mine - investing in a droid team, haha.

Speed is the name of the game, and sure, the droids can deal damage, but their speed is trash-tier and their health is even worse. Damage potential doesn't do you much good when you're in a 3 vs 5 before even moving once.
  • GS>HK, Use Poogle Lead. That's it.
    829-416-931
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    So I am dropping out of the competition. ........ Save my crystals for ....

I went this route months ago an most of my frustrations with this game went away.